• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese Foxconn sketch artists returns with the NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilo_D

Ok, this is that form tieba.baidu.com/f?ie=utf-8&kw=NX&fr=search
tieba.baidu.com/p/4794261421 (the thread with the image)
Even though you don't understand Chinese, you can see there are a lot of mock up images about NX there
I won't give any credit to this

joms5

the-homer-inline4.jpg

But seriously though. I'm not sure if this is as complicated as some of you are making it.

You have the handheld controller which you can take with you and play whenever you want.

If you want increased power/battery life you take the power module (Gamecube looking thing) and plug that in. Think of it as a battery backup that you would buy for your phone.

Then when you take it home and want to use it as a console you just plug it into the dock.

Not hard. A bit convoluted but it can be explain easily I think.

Plum

Clearly quite rushed drawing based on someone having glimpsed the NX whilst likely not knowing exactly what it does...

GAF: "Nintendo's confused us all again. How can they sell this thing?"

Frankly I see this as real but please, everyone just wait for the official reveal. It's ridiculous making so many conclusions as to the marketing when Nintendo hasn't done ANY marketing for this. A random Foxconn worker is not part of Nintendo's PR Team.

EDIT: Welp, it's fake. Pack it up!

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Wonder if that's how they're hitting the cheaper price point.

$199 or less = handheld
$50 for the dock if you want the TV experience.
$50 for the cube if you want power on the go.

Edit: n/m most likely fake.

Kouriozan

Even though you don't understand Chinese, you can see there are a lot of mock up images about NX there
Thanks for pointing it.
Time to bail out.

Alienous

$199 or less = handheld

The 'cube' would be the $199 part, if anything. That seems like the bulk of the console.

Then they might sell the handheld screen and TV dock at controller prices, as you suggest.

Nevermind, haha. At least the speculation was fun.

L Thammy

Well, as a Chinese, I found some one in that a9vg thread just points out this image is from somebody's yy(imagination) in tieba.baidu.com(another chinese form like reddit)

I hold OP personally responsible for this. I demand they be forced to play twenty hours of Urban Championship as punishment.

So there are 3 different configurations then?

1. Portable unit can work by itself for basic applications and play games at a lower performance level.

2. Performance module can stream to the portable from the dock similar to WiiU and PS4 to Vita remote play

3. Performance module can be attached to the portable for high performance gaming on the go without streaming but is limited to the performance module's battery.

Am I getting that right?

It's really "four" though.

1: Play on portable
2: Play on portable with power box somewhere near
3: Play on TV
4: Play on TV with power box somewhere near

In effect it's only two different configurations, but the graphics are decided by if you have the power box nearby or not.

I don't understand. Its sounds like what we have thought all along, and NOW people don't like it?

It's not what we thought it was. Up to this point, most people thought the Handheld hosted the innards of the console (CPU/GPU/Storage, etc) and that it connected to a TV dock to play on the TV. No one ever thought the actual guts of the console resided in a separate, "portable" module.

It's really "four" though.

1: Play on portable
2: Play on portable with power box somewhere near
3: Play on TV
4: Play on TV with power box somewhere near

In effect it's only two different configurations, but the graphics are decided by if you have the power box nearby or not.

Guys it's been confirmed as a fake.

Matt

Guys...really?

I know everyone is eager for the reveal, but you don't have to believe everything that comes along.

RocknRola

Well, as a Chinese, I found some one in that a9vg thread just points out this image is from somebody's yy(imagination) in tieba.baidu.com(another chinese form like reddit)

Confirmed fake then? Aww... and here I was getting all excited :p

Elios83

Ummm I'm totally confused here.
They have a handheld with detachable controls that is weak in power (let's say Vita1.5 like).
They have a home console module that also can be powered through a battery (that is going to last what??) that is weaker than PS4. You can use the performance model to either use the NX as a home console or to stream games with the same home console graphics to the handheld while you're at home.
Then there is a dock station to do communication stuff with the TV and this makes the least sense to me, shouldn't it be integrated within the performance model?
Overall I don't know, it seems a bit confusing, many hardware pieces that won't make the system cheap yet the performance will Xbox One like at best for the home console module and much weaker for the handheld.
They should be careful here not to alienate both home console gamers wanting a more powerful device and people who just want a cheap and easy to use handheld device (especially their kids market). Unless they sell the modules both separately and bundled. So the basic configuration is the handheld alone and then if you want the home console features you buy the rest.

Oregano

Thank Christ its fake. Even if its a cool concept that I'd be into I can't see the average consumer understanding or wanting it.

foppy79

the-general-train-crash.gif

There we go. Time to bail out from this thread.

Markoman

$199 or less = handheld

Edit: n/m most likely fake.

[Looks at prices of Nintendo accessoires] $50 for a GPU and battery combo? Dream on.
Fuck, I really expect the whole package to be priced at 399$ now.

I will be extremely surprised if this is legit. It smells like an overly convoluted mash-up of the credible hybrid reports, the far less credible x86/AMD console rumors, and the SCD patent.

HardRojo

Can Nintendo announce this thing already? People are going crazy over NX and I really want to see what it looks like to have a better grasp at the whole concept.

WalTech

I can't wait until the NX is revealed so that we can compile a thread and look at all the dumb BS we believed was real.

Where's the projector in this, BTW?

Thank Christ its fake. Even if its a cool concept that I'd be into I can't see the average consumer understanding or wanting it.
Yeah it's not Nintendo. They would never make the Japanese buy an extra add on just to play their handheld on the go. The handheld will never need anything extra.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Guys...really?

I know everyone is eager for the reveal, but you don't have to believe everything that comes along.

And this sets it even more. Time to close this thing, mods :p

Farewell

Nice! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom