• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clinton has pneumonia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm anxiously awaiting the first person on the right to claim that Hillary is now faking an illness to distract from emails and deplorables.

Someone tell me if I'm late and they've already done it.

I'm anxiously awaiting the first person on the right to claim that Hillary is now faking an illness to distract from emails and deplorables.

Someone tell me if I'm late and they've already done it.

the big thing now is claiming the pneumonia diagnosis is just a distraction from her real medical issues.

Because obviously if you're going to lie about having an illness, you use an infection infamous for killing the elderly as a cover, and don't just say she forgot to eat breakfast or something totally mild

SaviourMK2

No, it's impossible.

RIP.

Come on...

No she's already dead but good news is she recorded her phonetically to be able to build a cgi version who will campaign via satellite.

Damnit men, I'm a GAFfer not a doctor

It's unlikely she won't recover from it.

If she does, she would be the first.

I was just curious given her age, does it leave permanent damage to the lungs?

Fear mongering at its most disgusting

What Henson had:

The bacterial infection that killed Jim Henson was an especially aggressive type of pneumonia known as streptococcus pneumonia group A

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/05/17/arts/an-aggressive-infection-abrupt-and-overwhelming.html

What Clinton has:

What is walking pneumonia?
Walking pneumonia is a non-medical term to describe a mild case of pneumonia. It can also be called atypical pneumonia because the disease is different from more serious cases of pneumonia caused by typical bacteria.

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/walking-pneumonia

Walking pneumonia (First question answer: Pneumonia doesn't walk, but patients with "walking pneumonia" do!) is an imprecise term used to describe a person with symptoms of pneumonia that are "mild" enough to allow people to do daily activities and do not require patient hospitalization; it does not describe the cause of the pneumonia-like symptoms and is often used as a preliminary diagnosis without good evidence (a chest X-ray or other tests) that pneumonia is actually present. The major difference between pneumonia and walking pneumonia are the severity of symptoms, with walking pneumonia having the least severe symptoms in most individuals.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/mobileart.asp?articlekey=144364&page=2

Damnit men, I'm a GAFfer not a doctor

I was just curious given her age, does it leave permanent damage to the lungs?

They'll have to remove them.

She'll be connected to an Iron Lung forever now.

She's gonna be fine.

I had pneumonia and I refused to see a doctor until the third time I coughed up blood.

Wish Clinton the best in what I hope is a speedy recovery!

Is that not sweating thing real? Google tells me nothing.
It seems this article has the earliest reference to it.

Pretty sure this dude wishes he had whatever she has:

CR9gp1QWsAAATTR.png

Did you die?
Nope, but I thought I was going to!

I can't hope to say "I know how it feels" considering her age and the potential stress of the campaign, but my brush with it gives me a ton of sympathy and hopes headed her way.

How's the WiFi in heaven?
Oh my god, I laughed hysterically reading this.

I can assure you that I'm not dead... even though I probably would have waited later if I wasn't scolded for not going by literally all of my friends.

I don't seem to remember not sweating, but then again my memory of the time is rather hazy. I had a particularly nasty episode where every breath of oxygen felt like I was drinking cologne and no amount of fresh air got the taste and gagging away.

I can't imagine that tied with running a national campaign for the most powerful position in American politics while being criticized for having poor health on 9/11's anniversary. It must be thoroughly awful.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Real as in an actual medical condition? Yeah, it is. Clinton has casually mentioned that she doesn't sweat way before all this, so I'll take her word for it.

Fun Fact: President Clinton has Rosacea. That doesn't leave you at risk for heat stroke or anything though.

Azzanadra

Damn, I am no fan of Hillary but I hope she gets better, and I commend her strength for making it this long on the campaign trail despite the pneumonia.

Clockwork

I got pneumonia in 2009 and almost died. I was intubated and in a medically induced coma for a week in the ICU. I was there for an additional week and then spent almost a month recovering at home. I don't think my lungs will ever be the same.

With that being said I don't have any concerns about Hillary's diagnosis. Obviously she isn't as ill as I was.

Note: The above is not typical for someone my age (29 at the time). I was already immunocompromised from having H1N1.

Even if the alt-right nuts are more attuned to Hillary's health than her own doctor is, the worst we'll end up with is Tim Kaine.

I'll take it.

Wouldn't even people who dislike Clinton say Kaine is a better option? He seems to get along with everyone he works with and has better favorable ratings.

If you really had it you know how much it can make you collapse. I had it in late December / January too.

Multi lobar pneumonia in both lungs. Thought I had the flu and carried on working for over a week. Kept getting worse, going to the toilet every night felt like I was blind drunk, couldn't walk properly, couldn't think properly. It was fucking horrible. My skin started to go a grey colour, couldn't breath, coughing every minute.

Went to the hospital to be told I had a chest infection. They gave me Antibiotics and told me to rest. Carried on for another week until one morning it took me over an hour to get out of bed, struggled to get downstairs and when I sat down on the couch I had a weird feeling I was going to die if I didn't go hospital. I told my GF that if I went sleep tonight I wouldn't wake up. Bear in mind I'm 24 years old.

Went back to the Hopital, they gave me an x ray. Their exact words were "if you didn't come here today, you probably would have died". Turned out I had sepsis caused by the Pneumonia as well.

This is the x ray. I've posted it on GAF before. The white in the lung is the Pneumonia, whole left (my right) side and half the right.

hcrs7Vc.jpg

Long story short. Yes it can make you faint and yes it's deadly.

Question: How is your lung function now?

I'm a bit more concerned about the poor judgement showed by the Hillary camp today. Pneumonia doesn't just "sneak up" on a presidential candidate, it would have been obvious for days.

So she and her top decision makers had to decide what to do on 9/11, probably the biggest symbolic day for fear and terrorism. She decides to go ahead with campaigning and faints. Not exactly a great message to send to voters that she is the one who is going to keep them safe.

Man i sure missed a lot today. Apparently it is bad optics to get pneumonia? God it must suck to run for president.
I remember McCain's age and health being an issue back in '08 too, even before his Palin pick turned those worries into nightmare territory.

I don't remember him collapsing though.

I'm a bit more concerned about the poor judgement showed by the Hillary camp today. Pneumonia doesn't just "sneak up" on a presidential candidate, it would have been obvious for days.

So she and her top decision makers had to decide what to do on 9/11, probably the biggest symbolic day for fear and terrorism. She decides to go ahead with campaigning and faints. Not exactly a great message to send to voters that she is the one who is going to keep them safe.

She's been diagnosed for days. She wanted to go the 9/11 event because 9/11 is an important part of her political history.

She also wasn't campaigning, she was attending a memorial service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom