• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clinton has pneumonia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to action Thursday.

CsRkCViWgAAuYOZ.jpg
giphy.gif

Monocle

Her body double isn't dead yet bro.
I mean the day-coffin she has to reside in for 24 hours after she's slipped into the flesh of a new lightwalker.

This whole pneumonia episode was clearly a ploy to let her retire from sight until a fresh host could be found. Very soon she'll have regenerated enough to address the rabble under the gaze of the Eye of Fire.

Not sure if mentioned before...but Reagan had Alzhiemers and even used it as an excuse during Iran Contra i.e. "I can't remember". But the Right and their double standards still deify the man. lol
That wasn't til after he was elected though, which is a sort of different kettle of fish.

Nicktendo86

Surprised there isn't a thread about he leaked Colin Powell emails that I have seen anyway, assuming they are legit? I have no idea if they are though. Ones I've seen on twitter discuss how the Clintons and Obamas hate each other and were discussing HC's health last year.

Blader

Not sure if mentioned before...but Reagan had Alzhiemers and even used it as an excuse during Iran Contra i.e. "I can't remember". But the Right and their double standards still deify the man. lol

Nobody knew he had Alzheimer's until years after that.

I'm not sure what you're basing this on. The only poll on RCP to include polling data after this incident is showing quite a swing:

LA Times/USC poll 9/7-9/13

This is a week's rolling average, so expect it to keep going up over the next couple of days as most of the data is from before the fall.

The LA Times poll has consistently skewed in Trump's direction.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The LA Times poll has consistently skewed in Trump's direction.

I'm just looking at the trend, which appears to have more or less followed the two convention bumps and dips, as well as the recent Trump "surge" and subsequent Clinton "re-surge." And I'm not even saying that this has definitively caused a swing, I was just asking what the other poster was basing their statement on.

LA Times should be renamed as OC Times

I don't know if it's the same in the US - in the UK we have basically a polling ombudsman in the British Polling Council which ensures transparent methodology is used - but it's less about the funding newspaper and more about the institution actually conducting the polling, in this case USC.

I'm just looking at the trend, which appears to have more or less followed the two convention bumps and dips, as well as the recent Trump "surge" and subsequent Clinton "re-surge." And I'm not even saying that this has definitively caused a swing, I was just asking what the other poster was basing their statement on.

Actually it was meant as a question.

The last huge spike seems to be caused by a massive increase in the number of African Americans supporting Trump.

Which makes little sense and is out of line with other polling.

Lenardo

Banned
note: i am NOT a hillary supporter, don't like trump much either but alas its trump, johnson or stein(shudder) for me, johnson needs to get more exposure to get his message out, he needs it.

while the campaign for hillary is not over, the optics and the scenario that caused it was really bad

1- the press was TOLD by the clinton campaign when they were leaving to stop recording- AND THEY DID! (there is a tweet by an NBC guy saying that.) i mean come on. that was real freaking NEWS and...they nicely shut off the cameras and did squat....until the cellphone video came out. if this had happened to trump, camera's would have been going full bore.

2- a guy with a cell phone got hillary getting into the van...well not her getting into the van, her getting pulled/lifted/dragged into the van cuz frankly she was not walking. that piece of metal you see falling, maybe a quarter...if a person you know MAY pass out you give them a coin since the hand relaxes as you go down and it will fall, alerting you to the noice and the situation.

if you goto you tube and watch the reversed video- for some reason the feet show up better, -1' the person with her arm had her arm tight, no way was she going to go down with that grip, then you see another person grab other arm, see the doctor grab under the shoulders, you see the SS guy walk in front- just in case then you see all the peeps move to block the view, if hillary was in control of her actions, that last bit would not have happened, she would have gotten into the van with minimal assistance, not 6 people blocking the view as 4 others get her in the van. and in said video you can SEE hillary's foot being dragged a foot or so off the curb.most likely she was out cold.

hope the woman gets better but damn the whole situation for this was bad for her.

now about the video bit of her leaving the apt- IF she was dehydrated, then sure that was entirely possible once she got an bunch of electrolytes and water into her system.

my son passed out due to being dehydrated a month ago, he was out for MAYBE 20 seconds, then after about a qt of water, a 20oz gatorade, a bag of chips and some vanilla ice cream (we were at hersey park in Penn) 40 minutes post passing out, he was fine (did have a bump on the head as he slid down several steps) and running around like the idiot he is (15yrs old)-park was fun, just not as fun as Cedar Point was the week before..

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
note: i am NOT a hillary supporter, don't like trump much either but alas its trump, johnson or stein(shudder) for me, johnson needs to get more exposure to get his message out, he needs it.

while the campaign for hillary is not over, the optics and the scenario that caused it was really bad

1- the press was TOLD by the clinton campaign when they were leaving to stop recording- AND THEY DID! (there is a tweet by an NBC guy saying that.) i mean come on. that was real freaking NEWS and...they nicely shut off the cameras and did squat....until the cellphone video came out. if this had happened to trump, camera's would have been going full bore.

2- a guy with a cell phone got hillary getting into the van...well not her getting into the van, her getting pulled/lifted/dragged into the van cuz frankly she was not walking. that piece of metal you see falling, maybe a quarter...if a person you know MAY pass out you give them a coin since the hand relaxes as you go down and it will fall, alerting you to the noice and the situation.

if you goto you tube and watch the reversed video- for some reason the feet show up better, -1' the person with her arm had her arm tight, no way was she going to go down with that grip, then you see another person grab other arm, see the doctor grab under the shoulders, you see the SS guy walk in front- just in case then you see all the peeps move to block the view, if hillary was in control of her actions, that last bit would not have happened, she would have gotten into the van with minimal assistance, not 6 people blocking the view as 4 others get her in the van. and in said video you can SEE hillary's foot being dragged a foot or so off the curb.most likely she was out cold.

hope the woman gets better but damn the whole situation for this was bad for her.

now about the video bit of her leaving the apt- IF she was dehydrated, then sure that was entirely possible once she got an bunch of electrolytes and water into her system.

my son passed out due to being dehydrated a month ago, he was out for MAYBE 20 seconds, then after about a qt of water, a 20oz gatorade, a bag of chips and some vanilla ice cream (we were at hersey park in Penn) 40 minutes post passing out, he was fine (did have a bump on the head as he slid down several steps) and running around like the idiot he is (15yrs old)-park was fun, just not as fun as Cedar Point was the week before..

Where can I subscribe to your YouTube analysis video?

"Back and to the left.
Back and to the left."

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
There is no valid reason to vote for trump.
You can't rationalise that.
I can't beleive it's even gotten to this stage.

Joeytj

Banned
I'm not sure what you're basing this on. The only poll on RCP to include polling data after this incident is showing quite a swing:

LA Times/USC poll 9/7-9/13

This is a week's rolling average, so expect it to keep going up over the next couple of days as most of the data is from before the fall.

That tracking poll is:

a) The most pro-Trump poll this elections, and
b) Not the only tracking poll out there with post-weekend results

Other tracking polls show no big swing, per Nate Silver:

But some other recent polls that include interviewing conducted over the weekend aren’t as bad for Clinton. The Ipsos-Reuters tracking poll, based on interviews through Monday, shows the race having moved to and fro but with no clear trend toward either candidate over the past week. Gallup’s tracking poll of candidate favorability ratings — not used in our model because it doesn’t contain a head-to-head result, but useful for context — shows Trump’s favorability rating having improved slightly over the past week but Clinton’s steady instead of declining. The Google Consumer Surveys national tracking poll showed little change, and YouGov’s national poll — the most recent of the bunch, having been conducted Saturday through Tuesday — had both Clinton and Trump gaining ground at the expense of third-party candidates.

But it definitely hasn't been a good last days of polling for Clinton either, but she's still on average ahead of Trump by about 3% nationally.

Zackat

did you just compare your 15 year old to a 68 year old?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Down to 64% at FiveThirtyEight.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=mobilebar&v=1

Terrifying. If Trump wins, I throw in the towel and accept a miserable existence for the rest of my life.
PoliGAF can argue until their faces turn red, but Hillary's national poll numbers this month have been terrible, even before she caught pneumonia and the 'box of deplorables' comment: many have her only 1-3% over Trump and some losing to him. It's happening in the state polls as well.

No one should be diablosing but don't completely disregard what polls are saying. She's still very likely to win but it's frustrating how close it is currently.

Lenardo

Banned
Only reason I did the comparison is to say the If Hillary was dehydrated, then an hr or 3 post incident she could be acting fine, not comparing health etc, just that a person in that gets dehydrated can and does act fine a few hr later.

Loving the Powell emails that got leaked.

Blader

PoliGAF can argue until their faces turn red, but Hillary's national poll numbers this month have been terrible, even before she caught pneumonia and the 'box of deplorables' comment: many have her only 1-3% over Trump and some losing to him. It's happening in the state polls as well.

No one should be diablosing but don't completely disregard what polls are saying. She's still very likely to win but it's frustrating how close it is currently.
It was always going to be close. The country is the most partisan it has ever been, and that rift gets worse and worse each cycle. There are no true landslide elections anymore (not in the traditional sense anyway). People expecting her to win with 400 EVs are deluding themselves.

But...it's not that close currently really. Most of the electorate polling sites still show Clinton winning by nearly 100 electorate votes. It seems the last few weeks she's fallen, but that's still a pretty solid lead. It could tighten more, but once Hillary gets back on the campaign, and now that we have the Obamas campaigning for her, I don't think we'll see a major Trump surge with 50-odd days to election. You never know, of course, but unless something goes horribly wrong or something I don't know if we'll see it getting that much closer.

What's the point in being optimistic in her winning? All that promotes is complacency, in my book.

It's sad that so many liberals are unable to see confidence without complacency, especially when conservatives demonstrate it so well.

Complacency/status quo or a gigantic step backwards. And not just 4-8 years. The Supreme Court impacts generations.

Sorry, I'm tired, and can't quite tell if you didn't understand my point. Just in case though, in case you didn't understand what I was trying to say, I meant "why be optimistic about her chances of winning? It promotes complacency".

Too many people concerned and influenced by "how it looks" even when they know better. It's like against their rational judgement, almost reluctantly, they admit to having no choice but be swayed by nonsense repeated over and over, because there's this gauge of popular opinion and trending talk, that they know they must bow down to.

She's sick. People get sick. It's not because she's any more unhealthy than anyone else. Yeah it's a story, but it's not the end of her life, haha.

Dubya throws up on leaders of foreign countries, chokes on pretzel, wrecks a bicycle, etc, but the story doesn't stick, because the opposition might think it's hilarious, but shit happens. The way the right are picking Hillary apart like buzzards is disgusting, merciless, and evil.

MIMIC

Banned
Trump may be coming to Hillary's rescue in the polls. He clearly jabbed at Hillary's health issues (and the "overheating" thing) by saying that she probably couldn't withstand how hot the room is.

I remarked how incredibly odd it was how he didn't make a single crass remark about it. I guess he was just going to wait 3 days, lol

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
But...it's not that close currently really. Most of the electorate polling sites still show Clinton winning by nearly 100 electorate votes. It seems the last few weeks she's fallen, but that's still a pretty solid lead. It could tighten more, but once Hillary gets back on the campaign, and now that we have the Obamas campaigning for her, I don't think we'll see a major Trump surge with 50-odd days to election. You never know, of course, but unless something goes horribly wrong or something I don't know if we'll see it getting that much closer.
Is it close regarding the electoral votes? No, Hillary still has the same advantage she has had for months now (and arguably any Democratic candidate has by default). A Trump victory would be squeaking past 269. Are the poll numbers close? At the national level most definitely, but state polling matters more, and she has shown some weakness there.

People like to move the goal posts depending on the situation between these two distinctions. The better Trump polls the higher likelihood he pulls off a Bush '00 victory: that's what people should have a level of concern about.

Trump may be coming to Hillary's rescue in the polls. He clearly jabbed at Hillary's health issues (and the "overheating" thing) by saying that she probably couldn't withstand how hot the room is.

I remarked how incredibly odd it was how he didn't make a single crass remark about it. I guess he was just going to wait 3 days, lol

He can't help it. He literally can't help it. The guy is an impulsive bag of sludge.

Is it close regarding the electoral votes? No, Hillary still has the same advantage she has had for months now (and arguably any Democratic candidate has by default). A Trump victory would be squeaking past 269. Are the poll numbers close? At the national level most definitely, but state polling matters more, and she has shown some weakness there.

People like to move the goal posts depending on the situation between these two distinctions. The better Trump polls the higher likelihood he pulls off a Bush '00 victory: that's what people should have a level of concern about.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think the '00 was closer than we currently are still, right? I may be mistaken there, I really don't remember. As it stands, I'm just not going to worry about it right now. We're less than two months away from election day Hillary still has a healthy electorate lead. If panic is what gets people to vote, then I guess that is what it is, but until things get a lot closer I'm not going to get overly concerned. With Clinton coming back to campaigning, the Obamas with her on the trail, and the debates coming up, I don't foresee there being a huge upswing for Trump personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom