• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud announced for Smash Bros

The Trailer

5bc062e6.jpg

Just confirmed in the direct.

This doesn't make sense.

He has some sort of limit break mechanic that boosts his attacks and recovery. No release info given unless I missed it somehow.

My thoughts:

What a terrible pick. It's hard to find a character more associated with the PS1 specifically. Never really appeared on a Nintendo system except for some spin offs like Theathrythm. Why not go with an earlier FF character, who would actually be associated with Nintendo? An FF1 Black Mage or somebody from FF6 (especially Kefka) would've been some real Nintendo appropriate FF hype. Feels like a dumb decision.

Will be cool to have Link vs. Cloud fights but Sakurai you're a madman. You got me. I prostrate myself before you.

Also fuck Sony for not getting him in All-Stars when fucking Nintendo could do it in Smash.

Looking forward to Master Chief and Kratos in the next update.

BlissfulHonoredFanworms.gif

I heard that music and I was like, whaaaa

Limit Breaks and Summons, what the eff is going on!

And of course, Omnislash.

I like the Chocobo hat on the Mii.

Galang

Banned
That was one of the last characters I was expecting especially if a final fantasy character made it. I would have quicker expected Sora over any FF character to begin with.

Kriken

If you had told me that Cloud would make it into Smash before Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, I'd have laughed at you

Quonny

Ah, that classic character that has never appeared on a Nintendo console and in fact was from a game that was originally for your console but then switched mid-development.

KarmaCow

Sakurai continue to show people how stupid they are with all their "rules" they think apply to who belongs in Smash.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
That was hype as hell. Smash keeps on delivering.

Durden77

Bahahah they're doing like the same thing that they did with Snake, put in a character that represents a game coming out on the Playstation. Except Snake was better.

These reactions are going to be amazing.

Top Bottom