• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN: Senate to investigate possible Trump-Russia ties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

LOL why. Nothing will come of this. Trump will be president. The ACA will still be repealed.

You guys are setting yourselves up for a massive disappointment. This shit happens for many things (including, dare I say, emails)

This doesn't mean that it is "confirmed" or anything.

I was just coming here to summon these kinds of posts. The further this advances, the more proof that comes out and the more this moves away from just Liberals looking into it into a full on BiPartisan effort...

The more some people scream louder and louder for us to stop discussing it or "getting our hopes up" because nothing will happen.

Lol.

This isn't going away.

I don't think this is going away anytime soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's dismissed before the investigations are completed by the various IC teams.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The committee is bipartisan. Similar committees were convened again and again to bury Hillary and always managed to come up short because they do actually attempt to be objective.

And it's not like this will be the only investigation. All of the intelligence agencies, hundreds of reporters and many foreign governments are all going to look into this.

I see no reason to delude myself with any optimism for this country in the next 8 years.

Zukkoyaki

If this committee ends up bringing down Trump, I'll finally be able to say that my senator (Roy Blunt, Missouri) did something useful :p

Retro

Trump's loyalty is already compromised, no matter what the Senate investigation says. Foreign nations will not risk sharing intel with the US for fear of it being passed to their enemies (see Israel today, Eastern Europe soon). This greatly reduces the American intelligence community's ability to prevent acts of terrorism; they won't be flying blind, exactly, but there's always the chance that something slips through the cracks. Trump makes those cracks much, much wider.

The worst part is that when something inevitably does happen, Trump can still say "Told ya these intelligence agencies were awful!"

Nafai1123

Banned
Also his remarks about the women in Russia that he made to Howard Stern.

And Eric's comments about money coming from Russia when they deny any business dealings there even though he went 8 times in 18 months.

I mean all this shit really. There's sooooo much they could ask them under oath.

Crocodile

Trump is already unstable. Whatever comes of this, the mere fact it is happening is going to cause him to lash and and go unhinged. It won't be pretty but maybe it might wake people up.

A few days ago they didn't even want to do an investigation.

House and Senate got a classified briefing and something changed.

That's my take. Congress saw the intel and something in there shook them. Nobody on the outside can say for sure what is about to happen but it is going to be a shitshow.

And Eric's comments about money coming from Russia when they deny any business dealings there even though he went 8 times in 18 months.

I mean all this shit really. There's sooooo much they could ask them under oath.

If they get Trump in the stand under oath it'll be incredible. Dude can't go through a single rally/speech without a few lies, he'd be sure to let something slip.

RPGCrazied

I hope they find something, anything. I want someone to pay in the Trump campaign, even if its not Trump. Someone was doing illegal stuff and they should be in jail.

I mean, Obama should stay but he won't, because image/perception. They're not going to let Trump near it, and I can't see them doing the same for Pence when the entire campaign is under investigation.

So what, Interim President Paul Ryan, despite no one having voted for him?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Lock Them Up!

How crazy this must be for anyone who voted for Trump because they didn't want to a president who may be under investigation.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I mean, Obama should stay but he won't, because image/perception. They're not going to let Trump near it, and I can't see them doing the same for Pence when the entire campaign is under investigation.

The repubs would like that.
Giving them more reason to take down Trump.

Tag Biden in.

It is the clear line of succession as outlined by the constitution so considering we may be entering uncharted territory here it would be the safest bet

Breads

Banned
You guys are setting yourselves up for a massive disappointment. This shit happens for many things (including, dare I say, emails)

This doesn't mean that it is "confirmed" or anything.

The poking and prodding is never going to end. Better get used to it because this sort of thing is going to define his presidency.

RPGCrazied

Rubio is probably gearing up to exact his revenge right now

Depends. If he says yes to Rex's confirmation then all hope is lost for him. He can save us from Rex. It only takes one Republican, and he was pretty hard on the questions and didn't look amused.

If this committee ends up bringing down Trump, I'll finally be able to say that my senator (Roy Blunt, Missouri) did something useful :p

Haha, I'd bet Blunt wanted nothing to do with this. Hes been sticking by Trump since he got the nomination and supported Tillerson the day he was announced

More likely Rubio, Collins, Burr

jfkgoblue

The poking and prodding is never going to end. Better get used to it because this sort of thing is going to define his presidency.
The irony from all this is rich. People were talking about how Hillary was gonna have to deal with this and how they couldn't vote for someone under federal investigation. Those people have to feel sick now.

This is literally a role reversal from the campaign.
Rubio has the chance to:
1. Destroy Trumps SC nomination.
2. Destroy Trumps presidency altogether.
If Trump nominates a conservative, no way in hell Rubio votes against that person.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
The irony from all this is rich. People were talking about how Hillary was gonna have to deal with this and how they couldn't vote for someone under federal investigation. Those people have to feel sick now.

I dont recal Hillary being investigated for potential treason.

If Trump nominates a conservative, no way in hell Rubio votes against that person.

Everything Trump projected onto Hillary during campaign is something he was guilty of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom