• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Black Ops III PC may have performance issues/bugs - Up: Patch now available

gnexus

Just played the first mission, and I've ran into zero graphical or framerate issues. The only weird hiccup I had was the game relaunched itself after I quit the application. Haven't touched MP or Zombies yet. A damn shame other players are having problems...

AmuroRX

Banned
If anyone's wondering what hardware is working well with this game these are my specs:

I5 3570k @ 3.8ghz w/h100i gtx cooler
16gb ddr3 1600mhz
Evga geforce 970gtx (factory overclocked)
256gb ssd samsung evo 850 (game installed)
1tb hdd (media storage)

I run at everything at max/extra; resolution @ 1080p 60hz w/ filmic smaa x2

My framerate min 57 max 85

I have had no hang ups or crashes and i have none of menu framerate issues. My performance is really similar to the beta done this august.

However i do get high cpu loads in the 85% range and at times 100%. There is obviously a i5 cpu issue but it has not affected my performance in a negative way.

Im not posting this as a way to reject all the bad experience people have had but to inform people what hardware has had good performance.

Hope this helps some of you

If anyone wants to add me on steam im

AMURORX

Matty8787

Kind of glad this was sold out yesterday at GMG so I couldn't buy it!

I've got a 970 and 16GB of system RAM, so I should be good on that front, but my processor is also an i5 2500k, and it sounds like that is causing the 1~2 fps problem for a lot of people.

I also have a 970/i5 2500k combo and since I did the i5 fix in the performance thread I have over 100fps.

Just got a patch. Need to check it out.

Just looked. It is a patch to fix the i5 processor issue.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
1080p 7704gb 8gb ram and a core i5 at 3.6ghz everything maxed out with smaa x2 n sweetfx get 50 fps average in first campaign level n 60fps in multiplayer. Windows 10

Turned off sync every frame

I dont have newest drivers either

Matty8787

What fix?! I'm on a 970/i5-3570k rig and I have to keep everything on fucking LOW to get a FAIRLY stable 60fps

Go into the config.ini and change the workerthread from 4 to 2 and that sorted it straight out for me.

I have everything now on high/extra but I do run SLI.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Go into the config.ini and change the workerthread from 4 to 2 and that sorted it straight out for me.

I have everything now on high/extra but I do run SLI.

U dont need to patch came out just now

Hahaha, man, fuck.

A friend of mine had just talked me into buying this game. Would have been the first Call of Duty game I had bought in almost 5 years to the day.

Guess I'm not getting it yet doe

kris.

Banned
I've got a GTX 970 and an i5 4760k and have played 3 matches so far. First match was stuttery as all fuck but I toned down 2 or 3 options and it's been pretty smooth since.

knerl

Don't know if it's been said before or not, but for those of you getting an error message about running out of memory (even while still having enough left) resulting in a crash. Do you use a page file? I didn't and got this message all the time. I have 16GB RAM, but never used more than ~12.5GB in total. I started using a page file and now the game doesn't crash for me anymore. With or without the same amount of memory being used.
Just a tip.

Don't know if it's been said before or not, but for those of you getting an error message about running out of memory (even while still having enough left) resulting in a crash. Do you use a page file? I didn't and got this message all the time. I have 16GB RAM, but never used more than ~12.5GB in total. I started using a page file and now the game doesn't crash for me anymore. With or without the same amount of memory being used.
Just a tip.
The game needs a page file when you have 16gb of RAM? I just upgraded from 8gb to avoid that lol.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
All my crashes were page file related, upping it fixed everything. The game runs better than I had hoped for.

sk3tch

Working just fine here - 5960X / TITAN X SLI / 32GB / Win 10 x64. 144 FPS on 144 Hz G-SYNC at 1440p (FOV 90).

codblops3_pc.PNG

T.O.P

Banned
I got lucky

i5 4690k
970 MSI
16gb ram

Played flawlessy from the start, only thing i had to do was disable the ingame Vsync and force it from the GFE, since it caused way too much lag

jorkila

GTX 970, i5 4690k

First mission was fine solid 60fps

Second mission I've some major dips down to 30fps for some reason

On max settings 1080p this game still looks flat and washed out to me :-(

Even if I turn off pagefile in games, OSD still reads that page file is using x amount of GB... and the RAM utilization does not go up... what is that about?

Effect

Anyone have close to the following system? Having issues or things are fine?

AMD FX-8320 3.5Ghz
GTX 960
8GB Ram
Windows 7 64bt

Dr Dogg

Even if I turn off pagefile in games, OSD still reads that page file is using x amount of GB... and the RAM utilization does not go up... what is that about?

In Afterburner yeah? Because it's labeled incorrectly for a start. It's not your pagefile size but actually your committed memory. Even if you disable you pagefile you're not going to stop Windows using virtual memory as that's kind of how it works :p

Top Bottom