• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD Black Ops III PC may have performance issues/bugs - Up: Patch now available

Krakn3Dfx

A fire sale on a PC pre-order a week before launch like GMG had isn't always a sign of a poorly ported game, Mad Max is an amazing title on the PC and you could get it for $15-$30 pretty easily on the PC leading up to and after launch.

Having said that, Activision.

LilJoka

When I tried to start the campaign I got this error message (and a crash):

Presumably, my 16gb ram without a pagefile was not enough to run the game ... So yeah, the game has some issues.

Just because you have a fair amount of ram doesn't mean there is a reason to disable the pagefile, it usually causes more issues with some applications.

Grief.exe

I'm astonished that anybody remembered that CoD came out on PC. Is this the first time a big AAA release wasn't even the number one seller on steam on its launch day?

It's like trying to sell the French on the American healthcare system or something.

You're not going to be able to sell anyone on the American health care system, though maybe that's the point.

I'd rather quit gaming than play any of those

especially overwatch, god what an awful looking game

Terrible taste fam.

Update: Steam did refund my money to my PayPal account! They give you the option of the Steam Wallet or PayPal if you uses that to buy it.

Yay, now I can flip it over to SW: Battlefront!

Maybe next year Black Ops will be playable on PC.

Good luck guys. I hope they fix this stuff for you. Sucks these launches never seem to go smoothly.

Dunkley

Seems pretty bad to me. I'm not interested in COD but if I were I would wait on my purchase until they fixed some of these issues.

Most people here and in the performance thread have already found ways to fix it, so it seems pretty premature especially considering this seems to be something that's gonna be fixed really soon.

roytheone

I burned my remaining GMG credit on this game, so hopefully it will run OK on my pc. And if not, eh, the credit was about to expire anyway, so not that big of a loss for me.

jorkila

Played it for about 2 hours just fine. Was seeing about 120FPS at 1920x1080 with a GTX970.

Of course I also 100%ed Arkham Knight just fine at release on PC, so maybe I just have a blessed golden PC of the ages.

Basically the same for me but 60fps (limited by 60hz)

Must be lucky I guess.

ISee

I think the "DO NOT BUY" title is a little premature. Worst case scenario you get a refund.

If you buy on Steam. But very often you'll get the disc version 10-20 bugs cheaper in retail (steam key is of course included, at least in germany). And you can't refund that via steam or in stores. The cheapest option is 38.99 Euros with Nuketown preorder atm. Was thinking about getting this initially, but now I am on hold.

legacyzero

Banned
Welp dodged that bullet. Beta ran like butt for me anyway, so I was already apprehensive. Still might buy it later though if they fix it. Gotta have those mods.

Just tested it out and it's running great for me. Averaging 110-115 fps on a GTX 970/i5 4690/8GB RAM, everything on high.

On the first load it defaulted to 4K and I had really low FPS menus, but after I fixed that it was fine.

Knock on wood, but so far so good for me. Only played a maybe a half hour of the campaign, but seem to be getting a stable framerate and no menu bugs/crashes yet and I haven't touched the ini file. Playing at 1080p.

For reference:
i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz
GeForce GTX 980
16GB DDR3-1600

I'll be trying it out more this afternoon. One weird thing is that I got a Steam card drop after only 15 minutes of playing. I thought cards didn't drop until after the 2 hour window due to refund availability. Would getting cards make the refund process more difficult?

Tovarisc

I didn't get one host migration in 13 hours and the overall netcode is much, much smoother compared to Advanced Warfare. It feels like Black Ops II. I don't think that this is correct.

Game has some serious client sync issues going on tho. Played for 4-5 hours last night and in many games I would experience deaths before even seeing player shooting at me on my screen. Then killcam shows I allegedly was seeing him whole time when it didn't go down like that.

IMACOMPUTA

That's one of the reasons why I bought the game. Are you sure about that? Haven't jumped into multiplayer yet because I don't have much time at the moment.
I played 3 matches online and they all had a guy with 0 ping and many moments of classic *shoot 6 bullets, die, killcam lies and says you never shot*

Realyn

Hyperbole.

Had some problems on the first launch, rebooted and spent about 45-60 minutes on configuring stuff and now it's working flawlessly. How did you people survive buggy releases 15 years ago?

-Performance reports from the PC performance thread indicate that it runs like shit even on decent hardware

Just jeez christ.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The game runs great for me, but I don't have a monster rig and am running it at 1920x1080, 60 FPS, and turned the shadow options down. Also turned the rendering option down to about 80% to ensure that the framerate stays rock solid; at 100% and 90%, it would dip to 55 FPS or so at times, which really isn't bad. So no problems to speak of.

My specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80 GHz
RAM 16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 860M

I double-dipped and got this on both PC and PS4. Even with what I've turned down, the PC version still looks better.

IMACOMPUTA

Hyperbole.

Had some problems on the first launch, rebooted and spent about 45-60 minutes on configuring stuff and now it's working flawlessly. How did you people survive buggy releases 15 years ago?

Just jeez christ.
I think it's a lot of people refusing to dial down settings because this is CoD and they/we paid $700 for our GPUs.

Can we just sticky "Do NOT buy {new AAA Release} on PC - yet" to the top of the forum?
I tell ya hwhat, after batman and this I am probably going to just go ps4 for these AAA multiplats.

Kezen

Banned
Went through the whole game with no issues whatsoever half a year ago. How exactly is it "broken"?

Ran great for me as well, 780 at the time.
I've been replaying this (love the campaign by the way) and it's smooth as butter.

Rezae

Maybe the similar architecture this gen is a bad thing with developers just taking it for granted and underestimating the amount of work still needed. At least last gen if they were going to do a PC port, they knew they had to put some effort into it.

bathsalts

Lol PC.

Console+pop in Blu or digital= smooth sailing..all day every day.

2de.png

Its okay friend, show us where the computer hurt you.

Hope they get it sorted out quickly, was the first COD Ive been tempted by since mw2 released.

Stitch

Gold Member
[Overreaction Intensifies]

Just don't use the EXTRA settings & make sure the resolution isn't set to 4K if you have DSR enabled and it should run fine on most rigs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also install the newest drivers.

If that is too complicated for some then maybe they should buy one of these console-thingys.

Manac0r

Installed and unpacked! Just stuck at work. Hopefully it will run fine with a little calibration if not I guess there is a silver lining here, I finally upgraded to 16gig RAM.

Top Bottom