• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD WW2 (4K, HDR on Xbox One X)

thanks
fixxed it

native 2160p is 77.7% more pixels than 2888x1620
could be the possible imho. but that is clearly the upper limit for additional power we could expect from the One X over Ps4 Pro

the Jump from 720p to 1080p is 125% more pixels
the Jump from 900p to 1080p is 44% more pixels
and the Xbox One X is stronger than the Ps4 Pro compared with Ps4 over Xb1
Yeah, it could be possible with a dynamic buffer. I don't expect an static 4K Rendering basically because every COD is using dynamic scaling since AW, but we shall see. The jump from 1680p to 2160p is too big for me to believe it can just go there without compromising anything.

the enhanced tag is the bigger deal, its going to stand out from the pro with better textures.

So enhanced means better textures as well in games? Not being snarky btw, genuinely curious.

Why doesn't it bother you? it's a disgusting practice. They refer to the Xbox as 'other console' it's pathetic. I understand you have to market your product for Sony's platform but this seems petty and stupid.

Because in the list of problems/concerns I have or will have during everyday life, who gets what marketing deal is very low on it. Especially as it seems to be getting some good enhancements specific to the platform.

Yeah, it could be possible with a dynamic buffer. I don't expect an static 4K Rendering basically because every COD is using dynamic scaling since AW, but we shall see. The jump from 1680p to 2160p is too big for me to believe it can just go there without compromising anything.

is that Ps4 Pro resolution dynamic up to 2888x1620 or full native 2888x1620?
if it's dynamic on the Ps4 Pro, expect 2160p to be dynamic on the Xbox One X, too
if it's full native on the Ps4 Pro, expect 2160p to be full native on Xbox One X, too

that is at least my layman assumption on what the Ps4 Pro and Xbox One X power difference could handle
maybe i'm wrong

killroy87

The series performance has been horrible on XB1 since the marketing rights changed hands and this game won't change that. If you can prove me wrong, I'll retract my comment.

I think you need to prove yourself right before we need to prove you wrong. Show some numbers.

JaggedSac

Why doesn't it bother you? it's a disgusting practice. They refer to the Xbox as 'other console' it's pathetic. I understand you have to market your product for Sony's platform but this seems petty and stupid.

When was it referred to as "Other Console"?

The series performance has been horrible on XB1 since the marketing rights changed hands and this game won't change that. If you can prove me wrong, I'll retract my comment.
Oh, I like a challenge!
Digital Foundry - Advanced Warfare Analysis said:
In matching set-pieces, Microsoft's platform delivers the smoother frame-rate on average, but does so while introducing tears to the top third of the screen.

Both PS4 and Xbox One keep a keen grip on the 60fps line. Pushing each version with an 18-player Ground War battle on the demanding Instinct stage, we manage minor drops when blasting the EM1 laser rifle on Xbox one - and the only hiccups on PS4 come about during kill-cam replays. The take away: performance is better tuned for the multiplayer experience, and frame-rate metrics hold very strong on both Sony and Microsoft hardware.
Digital Foundry - Black Ops III Analysis said:
In more demanding scenes, the engine is more intensely put through its paces. Airstrikes in particular see performance impacted more substantially across both platforms; on PS4 a barrage of explosions causes frame-rates to drop down near the 30fps mark - though only for a few seconds - while Xbox One metrics hover in the mid-40s.

Multiplayer is the saving grace for the game on both platforms. While resolution drops below the intended 900p on Xbox One, both consoles regularly achieve a slick 60fps experience with noticeable drops limited to explosive scenes.
You can retract now, bud!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The XB1 is ass. The XBX is the only thing making the platform viable.

BigEmil

MS did this with many third party games too which MS had a marketing deal with. That's disgusting too right?
Oh, I like a challenge!

You can retract now, bud!
Lol who cares about campaign for COD people just play once or many like me not even touch campaign of COD. It's all about COD multiplayer which is more stable 60fps

Orca

Edit: lol this reads like a fanboy's blog. Why is he so pissed about that marketing deal....

After reading this I had to go back and look at it again.

"As a part of a marketing deal with Sony, the game's publisher, Activision, has been keen to promote PlayStation 4 (PS4) versions of the game. This has left few details on what to expect from the rival release on Xbox One – let alone the enhancements in store for the upcoming Xbox One X. However, following a recently updated listing from UK retailer GAME (via charlieINTEL), specific details on Xbox One X enhancements have surfaced."

"Amidst a close marketing deal with Sony is comes as no surprise Activision has remained quiet leading up to the Xbox One X launch, however, this should be a welcome sight for those picking up the device this November."

Literally the only two mentions of it in the article and neither seems particularly upset about anything. Kind of a 'seeing what you want to see' deal?

It's the norm now, i expect nothing less from the X. Nov. 7th its going to be 🔥🔥🔥

..4K Ultra, 4K HDR, Xbox X Enhanced..sweet Jesus, hold me.

Am i the only one not being too shocked about this at all? Aren't they still using that ages old engine? And yes i know, 4K and 60fps is demanding and all but come on.

Hermii

I think they should start selling mp and campaign separately. Firstly because they are so different that they are almost like different games. Secondly because I dont want to download 46gb when I only care about the campaign. Thirdly because it would be nice to pay less.

Why do so many assume CB 4K? If it can hit 900 or more on standard Xbox One, it should be able to hit native 4K.

Agree, and it's an older engine aswel. Has anyone seen the PS4's box art for this yet? If so does it say 4k HDR on it as the Xbox box art says? If not, expect One X to be native, Pro CB.

Wedzi

Banned
Why do so many assume CB 4K? If it can hit 900 or more on standard Xbox One, it should be able to hit native 4K.

Doesn't Shadow of War do 1080p dynamic but doesn't hit native 4K? That being said, I'd be shocked it it couldn't hit native 4K considering it's a pretty linear game. Time will tell.

Top Bottom