• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (IntSys 3DS) Assets (Box, Screens)

RetroReid

IMG_3990.png

IMG_3991.png

Oh wow, I was totally ready to write this off as looking "focus group tested," but then I clicked the box art and looked at the large version. I recommend everyone does the same. It actually looks really good -- the art has Jack Kirby dots for that Silver Age flair!]

Ah that is pretty cool.
Would have been nice to just have the guy on it so you could really see the dots.

Interesting that it has a box art already. Is this supposed to be coming out this year?

dmr87

I don't know, I didn't expect colors and cartoony. Then again I didn't follow the whole announcement since I might as well watch the stream tomorrow.

Makonero

I guess I am insane because it looks really good to me. But then I love American comics, so maybe that is part of it?

Tsunamo

I'm 50 50 on the artstyle but love that Intelligent Systems are going for something different with it.

Gameplay probably wont disappoint.

+developer
+explanation of gameplay
+new ip

-artstyle

Seems like it has more going for it then an ugly artstyle ( I really don't know until I've seen it in motion )

Can't wait to play this.

Axass

Amazing concepts from what we were told, the art style is horrendous though, looks like shovelware. I'm eagerly awaiting for the video to change my mind.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Box art is alright but I'm really not feeling the way it looks. Still have to see it in motion of course, but I'm mostly left sitting here wishing it was wii u instead.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, I was totally ready to write this off as looking "focus group tested," but then I clicked the box art and looked at the large version. I recommend everyone does the same. It actually looks really good -- the art has Jack Kirby dots for that Silver Age flair!

iG1PVwgaFITao.png

This should be the version of the cover in the OP rather than just being linked to, it makes the cover look way better.

- Everyone complains about art
- Game bombs
- Nintendo why don't you make new IPs
- Oh my god this Zelda art looks amazing
- Oh wow this Kirby art is amazing

Kimawolf

Yeah Im pretty excited for it. I love my 3DS and Vita, so for me more handheld goodness is always welcome. And this game looks right up my alley. I can't wait to see it tomorrow though in the stream.

Gartooth

I guess I am insane because it looks really good to me. But then I love American comics, so maybe that is part of it?

Same, I really like the look of the game at least art wise. Want to see gameplay footage to see how it looks in motion.

Right in the stream they said they were going for an american comic book artstyle, I guess people were just expecting a more anime/manga style based on the VC comparisons and past IS games?

Ya'll some cray fishes.

The art is great and unique compared to what else is out there.

The screens are rough, but that's ALWAYS the case with 3DS stuff (unless 2D).

This will look great, just wait for Treehouse Live tomorrow.

It's really unfortunate about the art style because if it was a Japanese style this would be an insta-purchase for me.

But they are targeting more mainstream audience who maybe don't like the anime style. They may succeed in getting people to pick it up who normally wouldn't touch a strategy RPG.

Ansatz

This whole proposition is bizarre to me. I was expecting a game that "saves" 3DS from loosing momentum, either a core franchise like Metroid or a mass market game like a brand new 2D Mario. I don't understand what Nintendo wants to accomplish with this title.

Game itself: Interested in how it plays, dislike the artstyle. Cel shaded is a plus.

RedSwirl

The art is probably going to be polarizing. Depends a lot on whether or not you like American comics.

It's really unfortunate about the art style because if it was a Japanese style this would be an insta-purchase for me.

But they are targeting more mainstream audience who maybe don't like the anime style. They may succeed in getting people to pick it up who normally wouldn't touch a strategy RPG.

See there you go.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
+developer
+explanation of gameplay
+new ip

-artstyle

Seems like it has more going for it then an ugly artstyle ( I really don't know until I've seen it in motion )

Can't wait to play this.

This is where I stand as well. I'm looking forward to a broader reveal tomorrow for further details.

I don't know, I like the art style yet at the same time I don't. Feels like it could use some work, but I don't know what that work would be. So long as the gameplay is solid (which it will be, no doubt), I'll pick it up.

Riposte

Box art is alright but I'm really not feeling the way it looks. Still have to see it in motion of course, but I'm mostly left sitting here wishing it was wii u instead.

Haha, you could say that for any 3DS game really.

Love the shading technique that's on the box art.

Kimawolf

- Game bombs

Well people were pissed it wasn't fucking Majora's mask remake. They wanted a REMAKE instead of a new game Nintendo is calling a franchise/next big thing? I liked Majora's Mask too but come on, fuck remakes! We have enough remakes coming out.

I say bring on the new IPs.

Comet

Intelligent Systems have never made a bad game.

look it up

confident as shiet

I don't think anyone is doubting Nintendo and Intelligent Systems' abilities to make a good game. That art style does not mesh well with the technical limitations of the 3DS.

Pikma

Banned
You guys have never seen a 3DS screenshot before? like, seriously? they always look horrible, nothing like seeing the game in motion, in your system.

Still reserving judgment until trailer.

I'll say that the game didn't sound that appealing to me in the first place.

Why is this the only new 3DS game anyway?

hopefully the trailer will change my mind, or maybe a demo when it comes out

Shaanyboi

Banned
- Game bombs
sums it up nicely. With the pedigree of the developer, people are seriously getting ruffled because a goddamn 3DS game has an art style?

Top Bottom