• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Code Name S.T.E.A.M. to get a demo on the Nintendo eShop (via DL code)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wouldn't be surprised if this was like SSB or MH4U where there's a limited demo with no play limit, then an eShop version that has 30 plays.

rhandino

Banned
And Nintendo's patently dickhead obsession with not just putting demos on the eShop continues.

Poor marketing strategy, Nintendo is limiting exposure of this game to it's already nearly non-existent pool of potential customers.

This apparently are for Employees only, the game releases in March, so I gonna make a wild guess and say that they would release two demos more: 1 early demo for Club Nintendo members and the other for the General Public like two weeks before release, like they did with Smash and now for Monster Hunter 4.

I guess advanced and limited demos help build hype and were a nice incentive to keep your Club Nintendo account.

Kouriozan

I usually buy anything made by IS but I'm not feeling this game.
Hope there will be a way to get the demo for the masses, my purchase will depend on it.

The demo is longer than I expected. It even has save points. The only thing that's bugging me is the enemy movement takes forever. It looks really good.

I'll do a better write up later....I'm tired so I'm crashing out

I called a Gamestop in Markham, Ontario and they were unaware of any codename steam promotion or demo codes, so I guess this isn't happening in Canada.

rhandino

Banned
Forgot to ask my gamestop guys if they had any left and now am too lazy to take a bus all the way there :(

I called a Gamestop in Markham, Ontario and they were unaware of any codename steam promotion or demo codes, so I guess this isn't happening in Canada.

Wait, how do you get a demo code?!

--------------

Those codes are for employees so I don't think they will be handing the cards out. I only saw 5 so they aren't for customers. I wouldn't be surprised if Ninendo emails some out though.

But maybe someone who works there and don't want his code could plug someone? Idk... =/

TheMoon

So do we still not know who The Fox is from? I like the character's for this game, Scarecrow has a really interesting design.

A little birdie (can't say who, sorry) strongly hinted to me at it being Zorro's granddaughter.
But I'm not 100% certain I interpreted the hint correctly even though it does line-up perfectly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mine got some cards, but said they went fast when I asked about it. Oh well. I'll wait for the eShop version, I guess.

jdevil99

Was lucky to get a code from my friend who just put his two weeks in at the stop.Plan on downloading and playing when I get home from prepping for our impending snow storm.

Typo?
kaXY8Fl.jpg

Second Mission

Character Select Screen

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It should be "an unique", not "a unique".

There's an coin icon to inform you that "*coins* you earn can be sent...."

TheMoon

It should be "an unique", not "a unique".

No it shouldn't. Unique is spelled with a vowel but it is not pronounced with a vowel the "u" is pronounced "you" like "youneek" which means is "a unique weapon" and not "an unique weapon." An exists to verbally make words starting with a pronounced vowel flow together with the indefinite article.

edit: god damnit, I should've scrolled down a bit more lol ...beaten^^

Once you beat the demo you can replay both missions with all 4 characters. That was fun. It took me about 2 hours to complete the demo and collect all the gears from each stage.

Tom_Cody

I just found out that they're giving away codes at the Nintendo World store in NYC. I've been out of town all week on a business trip, but I will for sure have to pick one up this weekend if they're still available.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Eh... this demo kinda killed my interest in the game. I absolutely hate the overwatch mechanic. How the hell are you supposed to take an enemy when he's just sitting there covering a corner that you have no other way around?

TheMoon

Eh... this demo kinda killed my interest in the game. I absolutely hate the overwatch mechanic. How the hell are you supposed to take an enemy when he's just sitting there covering a corner that you have no other way around?

It's called being offensive. Walk around the corner, let it see you, run back and make it come after you. Or just take a hit and blast away. Overwatch is a fantastic addition to the genre.

Flarin

Made a little video with my impressions and some gameplay footage: https://youtu.be/Khsg8RtkxPs

One thing I didn't mention is that the enemy turn takes forever and sometimes you're sitting there staring at nothing happening. Gotta be a way to adjust that.

Top Bottom