• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Codemasters just announced Dirt 4

Were all the courses in the game created with the random track generator, or were the main ones hand crafted? I just assumed the latter, but martins review makes it sound like the former. I generally really don't enjoy randomly generated content in anything.

Nobody claimed it, so go for it!

Hmm I don't have the game yet so I'm probably not the best person :(

Worried about the reviews, I was sooooo looking forward to this. How can it be a graphical downgrade? And more importantly why?

Were all the courses in the game created with the random track generator, or were the main ones hand crafted? I just assumed the latter, but martins review makes it sound like the former. I generally really don't enjoy randomly generated content in anything.

Hmm I don't have the game yet so I'm probably not the best person :(

Worried about the reviews, I was sooooo looking forward to this. How can it be a graphical downgrade? And more importantly why?
On PC it's definitely not a graphical downgrade, but a really nice update:
https://youtu.be/T2_zF0P7678?t=1m41s (edit: look at the dust at ~9 minutes, looks really nice)

Not sure about the consoles, some footage looked super slightly better than DiRT Rally and other footage quite a lot worse. Youtube quality for unsteady camera and high speed as well as unideal gamma adds to that of course.

Don't be scared off by the DiRT Rally OT high bar (that title gif is pretty cool!), I think any OT with some general information would do for now.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Got my first race in and it definitely feels... different.

Then i loaded up the dirt fish practice area in a new sit and it felt great. The handling felt much more realistic here to me, I could throw the car around and maintain control through drifts with throttle and steering easily and naturally.

I think the fwd econobox they start you with gives a bad first impression.

Top Bottom