• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty starts a new Patreon/YouTube channel about History and Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDougles

$16k/month for THAT level of production.

Following the Milo path of leaning into an audience willing to throw money at you.

ezekial45

Banned
None of this surprises me at all. Not even the fact that it's already a success.

He's no doubt gonna double down on all of his views.

Sandoval

I always thought he was an uninformed, self-righteous dick on Podcast Beyond... hearing about what he's into now doesn't surprise me.

Dude Abides

Banned
I dunno. The market for angry right-wing dbags ranting about politics and acting like savants because they took some undergrad history courses one time is kinda crowded already.

riotous

Banned
His Patreon seems like it will easily settle at over $20,000 a month.

Will be interesting to see if it lasts.

I'd like to think the show will become boring and repetitive; but if it becomes a "defend Trump" show, he'll have endless topics to babble about considering how Trump does something obscene almost daily.

Jebusman

Banned
I dunno. The market for angry right-wing dbags ranting about politics and acting like savants because they took some undergrad history courses one time is kinda crowded already.

On the contrary, the more they can get the more they can feel their opinions/views are validated, as they have further public examples to point to.

Kurdel

Banned

With patreon he doesn't need a super wide audience to have a confortable living.

Corpekata

Banned
He's going to get a lot of funding right now but in a few months time his fans will realize he's not talking about video games anymore and abandon ship.

shira

35e222d6816e549904f26d2686797055.jpg

Not surprised in the least, we have seen that being an outspoken conservative/shitbag is a viable career option and its clear that's what Colin is going after.

Mael

Because one thing we all needed was another uniformed right wing channel about history.
Wonder if Jontron will go on his podcast instead of Sargon for a while...

Jakoo

It was clear even before the tweet firestorm, dude was burnt out on video games and apathetic about his work on PS I Love You XOXO.

Colin's Last Stand is a super pretentious name for a series, but, at this point I suppose that part of his brand. Best case scenario, perhaps he will churn something along the lines of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History series. I think his Colin Was Right series proved the Colin can at least do good enough research on topics he's interested in.

eggandI

Banned
Who didn't expect this lol? Right-wing pseudo-intellectuals with victim complexes who make YouTube videos is practically a career path at this point

20,000 a month for just being some annoying cunt online. Wow.

How much of that money would really be needed to even produce this show? The amount he pockets for this is crazy.

Jacce

Banned
I can't wait to hear from him more about how he thinks Black Lives Supporters are idiots!

Hmm sounds interesting, I usually find history boring but I'll listen to Colin deliver it.

If you find him talking about why civil rights movements are dumb and advocating policies to only benefit rich white men are interesting I suppose you could find it entertaining. If you have an ounce of empathy to non-white males steer far, far, far away from this.

hawk2025

Because everyone needs to see more videos of that one libertarian college roommate in a state of arrested development!

He played the game well, though. The exit strategy was transparent, but obviously it worked.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I actually think him focusing on politics/history is appropriate. He clearly wasn't interested in just staying focused on gaming topics, and I think he gave up the right to be thought of as a gaming personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom