• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Moriarty starts a new Patreon/YouTube channel about History and Politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
20k a month

Colin wins

Neogaf loses

The losers are the people who enjoyed his video game content. I mean, if you hated the guy but wanted to watch Kinda Funny, this is a net positive whatever Colin money makes, it's the people who enjoyed PS I Love You/Colin was Right who are getting the worst end of the stick.

Fjordson

At all of you begrudging the money Colin is set to make monthly​

zubaTSp.jpg

Hahahaha. I could jump up and down I swear, all of you saying the wildest shit about this dude and tryna slander him and it didn't work. He bounced right back up.
Posts like this are exactly why the Patreon success doesn't surprise me at all.

Colin's exit strategy from KF was perfectly executed really. Got his crazy following frothing at the mouth ready to rally around him.

i just realize he's going to be doing The Dollop but with far less frequency, shorter, less funny,
not less racist unless he edits out the racism of history
and for far more money

UCBooties

Well it's not much surprise that he's getting a lot of money. It's become pretty clear that people are happy to pay to hear what they want. I'm curious to see what level of actual support he can sustain. Colin always seemed to be pretty sure he was the smartest guy in the room, but now he's going to have to produce. Even people who want to support him for "standing up to PC culture" or whatever shit are going to drop support pretty quick if he can't produce some actual interesting content.

I don't have much interest in the "historical perspective" of a Randian zealot so I don't think I'll be watching any of his new work. If "Colin Was Right" was the best example of the work he can produce, I don't think I'll be missing much.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Well it's not much surprise that he's getting a lot of money. It's become pretty clear that people are happy to pay to hear what they want. I'm curious to see what level of actual support he can sustain. Colin always seemed to be pretty sure he was the smartest guy in the room, but now he's going to have to produce. Even people who want to support him for "standing up to PC culture" or whatever shit are going to drop support pretty quick if he can't produce some actual interesting content.

I don't have much interest in the "historical perspective" of a Randian zealot so I don't think I'll be watching any of his new work. If "Colin Was Right" was the best example of the work he can produce, I don't think I'll be missing much.

I think you give those people too much credit.

Darn right I'm cheering for Colin. I've been a fan for 9 years and for him to leave KF under the circumstances he did was awful. You're not allowed to say ANYTHING nowadays. Colin always has been abrasive and flippant and it's rubbed ppl the wrong way for years. The joke was what broke the camel's back.

His name was slandered not just on GAF but on other sites like the IBTimes, Polygon, calling him out for stuff that wasn't true. I've been reading the PS I Love You XoXo thread that EdReedFan20 started and Gaffers have always bad mouthed Colin, even before the joke. Folks have always have had it out for him. Not a victim, it's the truth.

And I'm not getting any of that 20k but it's nice to see him bounce back, all the folks who wanted him gone and were after his livelihood, nope not happening.

Jacce

Banned
Darn right I'm cheering for Colin. I've been a fan for 9 years and for him to leave KF under the circumstances he did was awful. You're not allowed to say ANYTHING nowadays. Colin always has been abrasive and flippant and it's rubbed ppl the wrong way for years. The joke was what broke the camel's back.

You know it's never okay to push racist agendas and policies like Colin has done (See: BLM, Jeff Sessions) right?

Why? Because it is racist. It's not about being anti-PC or pro-PC or whatever. It's that he is peddling racist policies. Anyone who does that should get called out.

Well hey, good luck Colin! I hope you forge your own safe space from the evil SJWs.

Also try not to cry again. Grow some thick skin!

You're not allowed to say ANYTHING nowadays.
I'd suggest the evidence of this thread's existence to show you actually can say anything you want, and you'll be rewarded well for it if it's politically in touch.

This reminds me of Trump complaining during his campaign that the networks were censoring them. He was complaining about this while live on TV on the three cable news networks one after the other on the same night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom