• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin Was Right: The Gaming Industry vs Donald Trump

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
dietracists0tsl0.gif

Please tell me there is a 4-chan version of this gif

Colin is not worth all the attention he gets. I unsubscribed from KF because I really don't want to support this guy, which sucks because I like Tim and Greg, but ultimately they made their decision to not oppose anything Colin spouts out.

Bulby

Aye and it's going to cost KF more working relationships with people as more and more of his peers abandon KF.

(also KF are huge fans of Max Landis if that says anything)

This is just completely made up. Watch the latest PS I love you episode, where they go into great detail the relationships they have in the industry. Just because you see some tweets or quotes, dont assume you know the man's personal working relationships.

And to your second point, wtf does that matter?!

The people who are most upset are going to be the most vocal, so it's true that it's hard to get a real read on the general perception of Colin. And the talking points rarely move beyond the privilege statements/denials for these sorts of polarizing issues, due to the left's insistence that personal narrative should be/is the most substantive influence over social claims (aka contextualizing opposition arguments as being a product of white privilege, lack of empathy), combined with the right's insistence that personal narrative should not/doesn't influence social claims (aka contextualizing opposition arguments as a product of emotionally-driven "snowflakes").

Sorry, you seem to be a bit mistaken. You think being vocal equates to being upset. I'm vocal and not at all upset. It doesn't matter to me that yet another person is regurgitating the same arguments based in privilege that you see everywhere else. The vocal aspect comes from calling it out, not being upset about it.

And you're right, with people like Colin, these disccusions rarely move past the privilege point as they're unwilling to see that maybe it is a factor so discussion comes to a standstill.

Which makes the point about minorities reaching out across to facsists and racists even more hilarious.

Curufinwe

This is just completely made up. Watch the latest PS I love you episode, where they go into great detail the relationships they have in the industry. Just because you see some tweets or quotes, dont assume you know the man's personal working relationships.

And to your second point, wtf does that matter?!

Times are changing. Being Kinda Fascist isn't gonna fly anymore in the tech sector.

He's extremely full of himself (and those assumptions, damn!). Doubt that'll ever change with how proud he is to flaunt about his privilege.

It's also Kinda Funny how his post history consists of 86 posts in threads about him or his podcast, and a grand total of two posts in another thread. Truly an engaged member of this community!

It's also Kinda Funny how his post history consists of 86 posts in threads about him or his podcast, and a grand total of two posts in another thread. Truly an engaged member of this community!

To be fair on that one, he isn't trying to be a engaged member of the GAF community, he's trying to be an engaged member of the KF community.

You really think someone that spends their work days talking about video games wants to spend their off time continuing to talk about video games on GAF? He's only here to talk to the KF community. Trying to criticize him for that feels like just trying to find reasons to shit on him. I love Colin and don't agree with much of the shit he gets, but at least much of it has some validity behind it where I can see it rubbing people the wrong way. This one just feels like petty bitching. People here seem intent on tearing down every tiny aspect of his character.

Gattsu25

Banned
Dont worry he's got you covered

KEwfByt.png

Buh Buh...Bothe sides tho!

She broke the rules!

Then goes on to say that they should let her speak, but ignores the context of the "WHY" she was barred from speaking.

You cannot claim "Both sides" when the rule is only applied to one fucking side and invoked after nearly a hundred fucking years after it was created.
Don't forget that two men were allowed to read the same letter as her without having the rule invoked. They only invoked it against her.

Arkage

Banned

Sorry, you seem to be a bit mistaken. You think being vocal equates to being upset. I'm vocal and not at all upset. It doesn't matter to me that yet another person is regurgitating the same arguments based in privilege that you see everywhere else. The vocal aspect comes from calling it out, not being upset about it.

And you're right, with people like Colin, these disccusions rarely move past the privilege point as they're unwilling to see that maybe it is a factor so discussion comes to a standstill.

Which makes the point about minorities reaching out across to facsists and racists even more hilarious.

I'm not saying everyone who posts is upset, but when people start saying that we should call Colin a nazi apologist I can't help but feel emotions are running high in a deconstructive way.

Also, I agree that a minority trying reaching out to a racist is a lot harder than a white person trying to, especially if racism is the focus of that person's identity and not just a bi-product of growing up in a white majority neighborhood, etc. But then, I wouldn't lump all of Trump's voters into the fascist/racist camp, as you and many others here might. As that one gallup study showed in the one thread, of the white people who rate minorities negatively for work ethic/intelligence, 60% voted for Romney and 40% voted for Obama. 42% of Trump voters said treatment of racial/ethnic minorities is important. It's just that they prioritize other issues above fairness issues, like terrorism or the economy. I think those 40% are worth reaching out to.

Edit: The article with the stats: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...7a4a412e93a_story.html?utm_term=.502118dc4262

Marquis

Banned
Funny how so many of you attack Colin for being a white supremacist, etc. Y'all don't know shit about the man and are straight up cherry picking quotes by him to paint him as this evil monster. I can't believe so many people here think he is the problem with the industry, smh.

Even if cherry picking, the tweets are still there to begin with. It isn't our fault that he chooses to show his shitty way of thinking to the public.

Colin should do more videos about talking with developers and getting their views on development and market trends. Maybe get a dialog going. That was the best part of this video.

That is, if industry people will still engage in honest dialog with him after the way he treated Rami.

tuxfool

Banned
Colin should do more videos about talking with developers and getting their views on development and market trends. Maybe get a dialog going. That was the best part of this video.

That is, if industry people will still engage in honest dialog with him after the way he treated Rami.

Meh. he didn't treat him badly. The problem with that comment was that it was utterly conceited.

Top Bottom