• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Combo Breaker & Stunfest | Fighting Game Tournaments | Rosemont,IL + France May 22-24

El Sloth

Banned
why are we waiting an hour

Judging from the pics of the events people are posting, probably to finish whatever top 8(s) need to happen on their main stage so they can put SF4 up?

They need to cater to the people there too, not just stream monsters

Tripon

I don't get how a Premier event can be treated as a side tournament. Like you know what you were getting into. You are literally rewarding thousands of dollars in money to multiple people. You sign a contract with Capcom and you have hundreds of people signed up.

This is how you treat Ultra?

RedEther

Yes and they are never going to get back the 27000 viewers (this was easily going to break 30k viewers), well at least the guys there can watch the final matches on the big screen instead of a little LCD.

I wasn't aware that ppl were watching it on an LCD.

Good to know.

mbpm1

Judging from the pics of the events people are posting, probably to finish whatever top 8(s) need to happen on their main stage so they can put SF4 up?

They need to cater to the people there too, not just stream monsters

Why are there not-Capcom games on the main stage at a premier Capcom event.

Oh well, I suppose they did what they could.

El Sloth

Banned
Spooky is live with Xrd top 8

KI top 16 supposed to be live any moment on www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto

Why are there not-Capcom games on the main stage at a premier Capcom event.

Oh well, I suppose they did what they could.
I mean, doesn't that happen at every Capcom Premier event already? USF4 is not the sole occupier of the main stage at any tournament. Except the Capcom Cup I guess!

Unless you mean why is the main stage not being used for all of Top 8 in the first place? No clue in that case. Maybe they have time constraints or something and wanted to get the Top 8 of multiple games done at once.

The final numbers for SF4 at Stunfest was about 450 players.

Nothing wrong with only showing top 3 on main stage. The problem was that the TOs didn't want most of pools to be streamed for some strange reason. There were like 3 wasted hours. That's unacceptable.

Stunfest is one of the largest gaming festivals around that attracts people from all over so if Capcom feels that they want to be a part of it with a premier event then they can do what they want.

I didn't know that one of the requirements to be a premier event was that every match had to be on the main stage.

Kikujiro

Unless you mean why is the main stage not being used for all of Top 8 in the first place? No clue in that case. Maybe they have time constraints or something and wanted to get the Top 8 of multiple games done at once.

This is probably the reason, they ran the entire tournament today and the all the fighting games finals are going on the main stage. While it's understandable I don't think it's a great format for the viewers (especially the players who are there and had to watch the Top 16 on a single screen). With the expection of SFIV, all the other streams are on dailymotion for whatever exclusive deal they have, so it feels a little all over the place.

I don't know what your definition of "fighting game event" is anymore. Stunfest has been hosting fighting game tournaments and had international guests for various games for years now.

mbpm1

I'm just salty that viewing audience at the tourney itself seemed to get shafted almost as hard as the streaming audience of Combo Breaker I guess.

Unlucky

Combo Breaker USF4 top 16

Winners
Ricki Ortiz vs Arturo Sanchez
Wolfkrone vs K-Brad
Nuckle Du vs BAB|Khangaroo
Justin Wong vs Air

Losers
YOMI|Joel vs KIT|Nice1
PGFX|El Chakotay vs CORN|Alucard
TFA|German Luger vs Epic|GG Onisan
EMP|KDZ vs Jebailey

Revven

does anyone know whether or not lethal league finals will be streamed?

Probably not as they were going to at 11 but the internet went down and was down for like almost a half an hour. VGBC didn't try to get the stream up again until just 20 minutes ago for USFIV. Basically, we missed it because the venue's internet is shit.

One of my best friends was there for Marvel but did make it out of pools, I'll be there next year for Smash 4 at his request since he's been asking me to enter tourneys for years.

Top Bottom