• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic artist Darwyn Cooke diagnosed with "aggressive cancer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This hit me. I met him a few times at Baltimore Comic Con. The last time was a few years ago. He had a sign up that said he was feeling under the weather and would only be doing autographs.

Fine by me, I was just stoked to talk to him.

He signed my New Frontier and we were talking about it and then he got to my Spirit hardcover. It was the first one he'd seen at the con.
We're talking, and he starts going to work.

q4lScln.jpg

He was a class act. RIP.

That's awesome.

Alienous

I just saw on Reddit that he had passed away.

Jesus. His art feels like such a distinguished and recognizable part of comic books. This is a real shame.

RIP.

eshwaaz

I'm not a big comic book fan, but seeing the images posted here makes me realize that I've seen and admired his work before without knowing it was Cooke. What an incredibly talented artist. Very sad.

Bizazedo

This hit me. I met him a few times at Baltimore Comic Con. The last time was a few years ago. He had a sign up that said he was feeling under the weather and would only be doing autographs.

Fine by me, I was just stoked to talk to him.

He signed my New Frontier and we were talking about it and then he got to my Spirit hardcover. It was the first one he'd seen at the con.
We're talking, and he starts going to work.

He was a class act. RIP.

Thanks for sharing that. And yeah, met him at the Baltimore Con too.....good guy.

His style is everything great about comics distilled onto the page with simple elegance and imbued with hope. I'm going to miss that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom