• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2015. No ship girls. Oh, we got a Tank Girl though!

So, the Fraction FF Omni is out this week.

Who's about to take one for the team?

Not I. I'd be more tempted to get the Uncanny Avengers omnibus out of the two. But I may not even buy that. I may just chip away a bit at my IST wishlist and grab some things I haven't gotten around to yet.

Straight talk, folks:

Anyone else here gonna give any of the Dark Circle comics a try? The Black Hood starts this month in like three weeks.

blackhood1gaydoscoverjpg-56e938.jpg

Also loving Rafael Albuquerque's variant cover for The Shield #1 (April, I think?)

IMG_2283.jpg

The awesomeness of Afterlife with Archie and Issue 1 of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina are enough to make me want to try Archie Comics' foray into crime and superhero books.

ALSO OH MY GOD WHERE THE HELL IS SABRINA 2, SERIOUSLY.

I know I asked this the other day, but goddammit, first it was Hawkeye breaking my heart, and now it's Sabrina, but for Sabrina it happened after a single damn issue.

So I got lazy and didn't sort my comics for the last, oh, seven months or so. Organizing and putting those away...

Yeah let's not let that happen again.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was all GL'd out by the end of the Johns run. I can't take anymore. TOO MANY COLORS!
Was Hal Jordon dead before the Omnibus starts? Like most DC Characters who arent Batman, I have just basic knowledge about the Lore.

Next they have to release a Flash Omnibus. I want to jump into all important DC Characters now.

Was Hal Jordon dead before the Omnibus starts? Like most DC Characters who arent Batman, I have just basic knowledge about the Lore.

Next they have to release a Flash Omnibus. I want to jump into all important DC Characters now.

Have you heard about the Legion of Superheroes? >:]

I have heard of their heroic tales but nothing concrete :/

To answer your question, yes, Hal Jordan was dead before Rebirth. So the Geoff Johns Omnibus is his return and then the world building Johns did in Cosmic DC. It's a great go-to start for you if you're curious. It's an amazing run. It's the best run of the second best Green Lantern.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So it seems for me like Breevort hinted accidently that Robinson is going to write All-New, All-Different Avengers. Is this new news?

To answer your question, yes, Hal Jordan was dead before Rebirth. So the Geoff Johns Omnibus is his return and then the world building Johns did in Cosmic DC. It's a great go-to start for you if you're curious. It's an amazing run. It's the best run of the second best Green Lantern.
Thanks :D He died after Emerald Dawn II, am I right? After he became a Villain and killed the half universe?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Another great OP, some really good issues coming out this month. Plus we get an actual issue of Hawkeye! Maybe! Looking forward to Spider-Gwen and Nameless too.

Zero Hour was DC creating an event that let them change up some continuity and backstory. So basically Hal Jordan's home city get destroyed and he loses his shit, goes crazy, murders the Green Lantern Corps and decides to try and remake the Universe. Then he is redeemed and sacrifices himself in Final Night to defeat a Sun Eater (think a space cloud that eats stars) and repair the sun. After that there is like a decade with Kyle Rayner as the only Green Lantern, until Rebirth.

So it seems for me like Breevort hinted accidently that Robinson is going to write All-New, All-Different Avengers. Is this new news?

If this is true it could be good if he has some free reign. He did good world building in Earth 2. But I haven't heard very good things about All New Invaders.

Only three voters? Now I don't feel that bad for not voting. Some really good comics this month.

Ship girls are something else.

Zombine

Banned
Multiversity is incredible for the fact that it makes everything DC important and cannon one way or the other. Earth One now feels like a part of a bigger universe, as do books like Red Son, Gotham By Gaslight, ect.

Multiversity is incredible for the fact that it makes everything DC important and cannon one way or the other. Earth One now feels like a part of a bigger universe, as do books like Red Son, Gotham By Gaslight, ect.

I'd argue they already were important. We didn't need one shots by Morrison to tell us that. DCs heritage is one of multiple incarnations of characters that can be just as powerful as anything past present or future.

Wow. That takes me back. I loved that damn comic so much.

Cool. Did you read when this was an ongoing?

I read a couple more issues yesterday and I am loving it. There is only one trade, so I will have to find singles for the rest.

@.@

A good number of the people over there never even posted in FigureGAF, though. But it's fine, I just wish they didn't half-steal the FigureGAF name. OG FigureGAF is still king.

I am a long time lurker on Figure GAF. Not gonna lie, the recent increase in gif usage and posting of rather dodgy figures/images has been a bit off-putting. But one or two regular posters had already brought that up and it seems to have decreased over the last couple of weeks.

Zombine

Banned
I'd argue they already were important. We didn't need one shots by Morrison to tell us that. DCs heritage is one of multiple incarnations of characters that can be just as powerful as anything past present or future.

Mind you, when I first came here I said that Marvel felt like the universe with what felt like a more connected universe, but the way they treat anything but 616, and with the amount of DC books I've been picking up (+ Multiversity) I have so much more respect for what DC has done for their characters as a whole.

Yes, I feel like their power levels are way too high at times, but I've grown to love the characters a lot.

Raife

Grant Morrison & Jim Lee should be the creative team for like every comic

Also are any of the following comics worth buying if I haven't read them yet:

Wolverine & The X-Men Omnibus
Wolverine Jason Aaron Complete Collection vol.1
Wolverine Mark Millar Omnibus
X-Men Mutant Genesis 2.0
Uncanny X-Force Complete Collection vol.1

Please advise

Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender was fantastic. I would really reccommend getting that.

Wolverine and The X-Men was overall a great series. There were a few weaker storylines, but along with Uncanny X-Force, it's among the best mutant titles Marvel has put out inthe last few years.

The Mark Millar run on Wolverine is entertaining enough. Some people seemed to enjoy it a lot more than I did. I think it depends on your preference for Mark Millar's story telling. It skews more towards the mindless action movie tropes rather than anything too deep.

Jason Aaron's run on Wolverine was better if you like more exploration of Wolverine's character and his struggles with his nature and trying to overcome the cycle of violence that is his life. The series pays much more attention to the relationships Wolverine has and what those mean to him. There's plenty of action as well in this collection, but with a more introspective angle to the stories than the Millar run.

Mutant Genesis 2.0 is very 90s. This might be great or a complete miss. The stories aren't the best, but there is Jim Lee art. It'll probably hold up better depending on how much nostalgia you have for that era of the X-Men.

Bloodember

All my Harley's set up. The Premium Format Figure is amazing.

Not sure if I'm going to keep them there, might move them to my shelf, just have to put some Transformers away.

Cross posted with FigureGAF.

Mind you, when I first came here I said that Marvel felt like the universe with what felt like a more connected universe, but the way they treat anything but 616, and with the amount of DC books I've been picking up (+ Multiversity) I have so much more respect for what DC has done for their characters as a whole.

Yes, I feel like their power levels are way too high at times, but I've grown to love the characters a lot.

The multiverse really has been DCs biggest strength as well as their weakness. It's the ultimate have your cake and eat it too. But it also means that it's easy for one to become jaded when your preferred version is no longer the current status quo.

What's wrong with power levels bro?

Holy crap GH is moving up In the world. He's getting that push for Wrestlemania.

What are you talking about? I've been slipping. I used to be a solid contender for the number two slot (because no one can beat Messi; Rhaknar literally did a play by play of a reading of the entire back catalog of Marvel's history and still lost to him)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh boy, its seems like they have started a big Civil War over there at FigureGAF... o_O

General consensus here is that I enjoy bad books. I just like what I like and don't feel bad about it.
As long as you post Wilde Gifs on a regular basis, its ok for me and you will be my bro.

Top Bottom