• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

Aizo

Banned
I just look at the CBR forums page for Batman: White Knight and good god, I've never seen idiocy in my life.
Why would you do that to yourself?
I actually didn't know until recently that comic forums are still full of awful people, just like gaming ones. Gaf isn't perfect, but I'm just happy it's less terrible than those other places.

Ugh, hate that Iron Man suit design. >.>
Well, at least Tony's back. Hopefully they don't make him dumb again and keep him around the Iron Man Now era of obnoxious-yet-efficient.

I'm kinda excited about the new Batman book, I guess? Dunno. It seems like an obvious path to take, but hopefully it's a good story.

Aizo

Banned
Ugh, hate that Iron Man suit design. >.>
Well, at least Tony's back. Hopefully they don't make him dumb again and keep him around the Iron Man Now era of obnoxious-yet-efficient.

I'm kinda excited about the new Batman book, I guess? Dunno. It seems like an obvious path to take, but hopefully it's a good story.
Didn't you used to be a dog? I miss that.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Sean Murphy's Batman is going to be so good.
6a9AreX.jpg

Too bad it's not going to be B&W.

I just look at the CBR forums page for Batman: White Knight and good god, I've never seen idiocy in my life.

It's also the GAF thread. People for some reason are expecting it to be hot trash. Even worse are the people complaining that it's been done before. I'm pretty sure it's never once been explored in detail like what Sean is planning to do. Batman has never had an evil story like Superman has.

VanWinkle

Man, I killed it today. 20 issues read. 7 issues from Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Shanowar/Skottie Young), 6 issues from Green Arrow (Grell/Hannigan), 6 issues from Action Comics (Jurgens/Zircher/Kirkman), and an issue of Sinestro (Bunn/Walker).

It's also the GAF thread. People for some reason are expecting it to be hot trash. Even worse are the people complaining that it's been done before. I'm pretty sure it's never once been explored in detail like what Sean is planning to do. Batman has never had an evil story like Superman has.
Yea. I think that thread shows how much people are influenced by the thread title and first post response.

That CBR thread is the fucking worst. A lot of "SJW are ruining comics" rhetoric being thrown around. And wow at the comments toward BLM. Pathetic.

Jintor

I just watched spider man and now I need to read many spider man comics

What's a good recommend

I've heard good things about spider man's tangled web but also the hard copy is a hundo buckaroonies

dh4niel

What's a good recommend

I've heard good things about spider man's tangled web but also the hard copy is a hundo buckaroonies

Start at the beginning and work your way through! :D

Einchy

Started reading My Hero Academia, it's pretty fun 2 chapters in. Really like the artstyle since you can really tell the author was inspired by American comics, I mean, the story obviously was but it's cool to see it be reflected in the art, too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

What's a good recommend

Buy it. Worth it.

Buy Ultimate Spider-Man, its more or less the source for the movie.
Buy Kravens Last Hunt
Bu Superior Spider-Man
Buy if you then want more Thr Bran New Day Complete Collecions.

Do I need to buy Axis if I want to start reading the Uncanny Avengers Omnibus?
If it's not included. Axis, for better or worse, is the capstone to Remender's run, from Uncanny X-Force all the way through Uncanny Avengers. He then has a small run immediately after Axis that never got followed up on (much to my chagrin, because I really liked that team).
Code:
[IMG]https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/6/67663/4354873-01.jpg[/IMG]
That team was super cool, and putting Creed on a leash is straight out of Mike Carey's X-Men.
Really? I thought it was just okay. Kinda Buffyesque.

Go on...

Messi

Hey Brian (I believe it was Brian) cmx got back to me and Saga is back to being 25c for #43. Enjoy the issue. I loved it.

Einchy

Gotham By Gaslight animated sounds awesome until you remember all DC animated movies have very simplistic art styles. It's gonna end up looking real crappy.

Damn, The Spire was brilliant. Spurrier and Stokely work so well together. Amazing world building and an intricate story told in just 8 issues. With no unpronounceable names required to big up the world or make it overly complicated with character bios for a hundred different races. So many memorable characters that you are able to get a sense of after just a few lines of dialogue. The plot was really well paced too. None of the foreshadowing/hints hit you in the face and no unfired Chekov's Guns either. I also loved what they did with the lettering with dialogue that was said under the breath/unsaid. Makes for much crisper reading.

Also, Pug. <3

The team is 2/2 for me. Can't wait for their next book.

dh4niel

I am so happy that Murphy is doing this with Harley. So beautiful and his tweets relating to her finally getting the Joker she always wanted. No more abuse.

Surely crazy is half his character? He's just crazy clown guy and that's it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Damn, The Spire was brilliant. Spurrier and Stokely work so well together. Amazing world building and an intricate story told in just 8 issues. With no unpronounceable names required to big up the world or make it overly complicated with character bios for a hundred different races. So many memorable characters that you are able to get a sense of after just a few lines of dialogue. The plot was really well paced too. None of the foreshadowing/hints hit you in the face and no unfired Chekov's Guns either. I also loved what they did with the lettering with dialogue that was said under the breath/unsaid. Makes for much crisper reading.

Also, Pug. <3

The team is 2/2 for me. Can't wait for their next book.

Didn't care for it myself but I'm glad you liked it. Spurrier's work in general just doesn't seem to be my cup of tea.

dh4niel

Getting caught up with X-Men Gold and I'm kinda sick of the mad boner writers seem to have for the phoenix force. Red head psychic woman scared of giant fiery space bird has been done to death now. With have time travel Jean Grey dealing with it now and Rachael pretty much going through the same thing. Sick of it!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Getting caught up with X-Men Gold and I'm kinda sick of the mad boner writers seem to have for the phoenix force. Red head psychic woman scared of giant fiery space bird has been done to death now. With have time travel Jean Grey dealing with it now and Rachael pretty much going through the same thing. Sick of it!
Welcome to western superherocomics. Its like beeing sick of Jokers insane stunt and wanting Batman to kill him.
Its just not worth getting angry about it

X-Men Gold just sucks in general though.
Welcome to western superherocomics. Its like beeing sick of Jokers insane stunt and wanting Batman to kill him.
Its just not worth getting angry about it
Not really the same. Specifically lately, there seems to be a push for the Phoenix Force. Mighty Thor, Thanos, Jean Grey, and X-Men Gold have either brought it up or used it. All within a couple months.

Messi

X-Men Gold just sucks in general though.

Not really the same. Specifically lately, there seems to be a push for the Phoenix Force. Mighty Thor, Thanos, Jean Grey, and X-Men Gold have either brought it up or used it. All within a couple months.

It's movie stuff.

Top Bottom