• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| July 2017 | Princess, I've Seen the Way You Look At Me.

J_Viper

So a couple volumes from the Marvel Masterworks series are on Kindle for $5 each.

Is this the usual price, or are these leftover from that insane Marvel sale from last month? Just wanna know before I cash out.

Anyone?

Malyse

Seriously, you should check out Valiant comics.
Bloodshot Reborn is great though!
He asked how to get into Marvel books and you're pushing Valiant.
CTFO, guys.
I think everyone agrees its time to take teens away from Waid.
Oh thank god.
Power Pack: early early development for a freeform show, comic would follow obviously
OH THANK GOD!
But there's just no way to take Miles AND Riri away from Bendis without burning a bridge with him forever.
Good. I love those books.
Miles, Kamala, Riri, Cho Hulk, and new Wasp led by America.
FUUUUUUCCKK. America has been pretty thoroughly ruined for me. I hope they do something like give Whitley the book.
gen x, cable, jean grey, iceman and weapon x were only ever mapped out for 12 issues.
I only want Gen X, Cable, and Weapon X to die. The rest can stay, esp. Jean Grey.

Sandfox

He asked how to get into Marvel books and you're pushing Valiant.
CTFO, guys.

Oh thank god.
OH THANK GOD!

Good. I love those books.

FUUUUUUCCKK. America has been pretty thoroughly ruined for me. I hope they do something like give Whitley the book.
I only want Gen X, Cable, and Weapon X to die. The rest can stay, esp. Jean Grey.
I wouldn't believe that rumor. We get "insider" leaks from 4chan every other month. It is kinda interesting how they always paint Slott and Bendis in a bad light because people find that believable when both are apparently really good people in actuality(though we don't know how they are behind closed doors).

Phamit

Soule is taking a play out of Gillen's book and just taking a Star Wars paycheck while focusing on creator owned books.
The SW stuff is like a safe zone from most of the BS because they're always going to sell.

Is Astonishing X-Men a limited/ mini series? It wasn't mentioned once in this leak and make it sound like that Soule is only Star Wars

Sandfox

Is Astonishing X-Men limited? It wasn't mentioned once in this leak
Based on interviews they made it sound like the book will be a 12 issue story Soule planned out and set up something new. I don't know if it's continuing after that though. He also still has Daredevil and that doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Starfire Vol 1 was sooo much fun. How sad it is that it got cancelled while Harley Quinn - a much worse book - is thriving.

I wouldn't say it got cancelled, it seemed like Palmiotti and Conner just wanted a 12 issue run like Power Girl. It had an ending that wrapped up the story and everything.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is the Ghost in the Shell Manga as good as the movie?
Because I just saw that one right now and while beeing a little bit underwhelmed I really love the anime.

Messi

Hey VanWinkle look what I own

12zD9re9_1309151852471.jpg

Is the Ghost in the Shell Manga as good as the movie?
Because I just saw that one right now and while beeing a little bit underwhelmed I really love the anime.

It has a way different tone. More humorous and a little pervy in some scenes. It's not bad but don't go in expecting it to be exactly like the anime.

He might have been drunk when he drew that orgy scene, which he would take out in future reprints, but I doubt he was during it's entire creation.

I think the story goes that when it was being translated into english the translator asked what some passages meant and he was straight up like "I don't know I was drunk". Jonathan Clements told that story before a screening of GitS I was at.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It has a way different tone. More humorous and a little pervy in some scenes. It's not bad but don't go in expecting it to be exactly like the anime.
Hm, still gonna look into this.

I have really problems articulating my feelings regards the movie. It was ver good but I felt bummed of from the ending, its to open.
And yeah, I could watch the TV show but I am not sure if I want because I think the art styl is super ugly.

I think the story goes that when it was being translated into english the translator asked what some passages meant and he was straight up like "I don't know I was drunk". Jonathan Clements told that story before a screening of GitS I was at.

Huh, interesting. I don't remember there being any dialogue that felt weird.
The guy is well known for being a hentai artist.
This was pre-hentai Shirow.

Have you read much Harley lately? I'm just curious. I remember you mentioning you were really behind.

It was fun seeing Hellcat turn up in Hulk. I'm enjoying a Hulk enough to keep going, but not super loving it. Not sure what else I'd want from it though.

Messi

Have you read much Harley lately? I'm just curious. I remember you mentioning you were really behind.

It was fun seeing Hellcat turn up in Hulk. I'm enjoying a Hulk enough to keep going, but not super loving it. Not sure what else I'd want from it though.

I am about 5 issues behind. It's fun at times and doesn't aspire to be anything better. It's fine.

Messi will never be honest about the quality of a Harley book even if it is completely terrible. Such is his devotion to Harleen.

This isn't true. Their mini series were crap.

That sejic comic proves that a different take could be interesting. I love that comic. It's so dark :/. Poor Harleen tho.

Top Bottom