• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
13247404485_30876f58b0_o.png

13247555253_3b0d36d8b2_o.png

I know right? I didn't play SS yet. Anyway, when in motion, KZ's jaggies are very hard to detect, but when you take a screenshot it is really noticeable. It looks good tho, considering it's a launch game!

Yeah in motion I hardly noticed jaggies in ShadowFall.

More SS:
iMpGlwzuhvBcr.jpg

iLt9JVbMiLZu1.jpg

iKEcRF4PximY0.jpg

Power spoiler possibly, so don't click; this is for WeAreStarStuff only:

The
HUD in the top shot is kind of spoiling a power. It's not too hard to piece it together? I'm going to guess: concrete?
Don't confirm if it's true or not.
This is a funny comment but I'll say no more.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Got my inFamous early as well!

1979387_10152054163702620_440898175_o.jpg

Hope I don't get banned for posting pix! No spoilerific pix..

The signs in Seattle aren't that nice haha. At least they don't have logos for the Pacific Science Center or the Monorail, not that they couldn't have that though.

Cuyejo

Nice pics right there.
That SMAA sure gives a nice picture quality, I am amazed on how it handles fine lines and transparencies, that third pic demonstrates it best.
Sony please use this stuff on every game from now on please, everything else would be a letdown now that SS put the bar so high.

Yeah I'm kinda seeing a 'green screen' effect.

Is it just me or does the Main Character in SS look super imposed onto the scene in some of these screens. It's weird as he sometimes looks as though he's way too far in the foreground relative to where he's standing in the scene, as if he's hovering in front of it.

Probably just something that's happening in screenshots.

I see that too, I thought it was just me.

lol @ those downplaying InFamous Second Son - it looks like a Pixar movie level of quality!

Please don't go that far, the game is impressive but please.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Amazing. Shame about the HUD tho:/
Thanks!

Seriously :\ This game DESERVES an option to disable that hud, could've been damn perfect for panoramas/stitches.
We should all tweet at SP and Nate Fox 'till they add it. :p

CCIE

Banned
Very, very underwhelming visually. Quite disappointed, regardless of the whole 'open world' argument.

Game seems fun though.Typical Metal Gear.

Metal Gear is shoe-horned onto multiple platforms and can't take advantage of the hardware. Infamous really shows what Sony's developers are going to do with the PS4. They are some much nicer than any shots I've seen of any game yet - craps all over any game released.

If Sony puts this game up against TitanFall, it will simply massacre it. Look at the graphics! And it looks better in motion judging from the video I've seen. I'm on media blackout the rest of the week so nothing gets spoiled.

Can someone with infamous tell us if your character creates reflections?

I can see he has a shadow thankfully, but even in the scenes with the wet bitumen (that has light reflections etc), he doesn't seem to be included in the reflections.

Cheers

i-Lo

Aside for the sacrifices made to the geometric detail of objects to fit into last gen console, MGS GZ looks darn good, esp. in motion.

Presumably, most quasi/semi/fully open world games will have character models akin to these ones which would serve the future plots and narratives well.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
What exactly do you mean by it has its moments?

The game looks absolutely incredible. Arguably the best looking console game ever made.

I notice it a lot lately. It's like people have already forgotten how good that game looks in single player.

Nicktendo86

I dunno, I'm not feeling SS yet. Might be because I was hyped but ultimately disappointed by infamous 1 & 2. Probs need to see iypt in person to judge property.

Nuke Soda

Looking through the pictures MGS:GZ looked underwhelming, but getting my hands on the actual game changed that. Looks great too me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
GZ sometimes looks amazing and sometimes looks Meh. No in between. So odd.

Second Son is a motherfucker though. Looking forward to tearing into it this weekend.

Not though it matters because of how shit the game looks but you can remove the hud elements, like the gun/ammo etc in the settings :)

edit: May as well use my post to add a couple.

I still say the game isn't much more than a last gen game in HD, to me the lighting really lets the game down. It's so... flat, I think is the word.

1799028_1483578728529152_1966512777_o.jpg

1781117_1483578658529159_2105172447_o.jpg

Timu

Not though it matters because of how shit the game looks but you can remove the hud elements, like the gun/ammo etc in the settings :)
I wish you could do that in game since it's only doable in the main menu and I need to remind myself to do that next time, lol.

-griffy-

Banned
Looking through the pictures MGS:GZ looked underwhelming, but getting my hands on the actual game changed that. Looks great too me.

Yeah after getting to play it tonight it looks a lot better in motion than it does in stills. There's a lot of dynamic movement (lightning lighting things up, rain running down rocks, wind blowing tents, Snake's hair subtly shifting as he runs around, going slow-mo and each individual rain drop being rendered and displacing light, etc) that gets lost when you look at a screenshot. Plus it all running at 60fps is certainly nice. Sort of the same thing that MGS2 had back in the day (and really, all the MGS games since then). Kojima really knows the importance of detail and special effects, something that has made the overall package of his games look pretty impressive even if they haven't always pushed technical boundaries.

I think it really has unfortunate timing too, specifically in this thread, coming immediately after Second Son shots have been hitting.

I wish you could do that in game since it's only doable in the main menu and I need to remind myself to do that next time, lol.

You can do that in-game. To pause the game and access the settings you press the left side of the touch pad, not the options button (which brings up your i-thing).

Top Bottom