• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

AF is almost free on PC cards which have a fracture of PS4 GDDR5 bandwidth.

It seems that some developers are just not into these things like texture filtering quality and all this.

AF is free on PC because GPUs have gobs of their own bandwidth that isn't being siphoned away by the CPU. I think someone in another thread did the math and to apply 16xAF on a 1808p scene is around 15GB/s worth of bandwidth.

tkscz

iJ3P5Y0sVztjd.jpg
Paper monster recut comes out thursday on Wii U.

Is that taken off the game pad or screen? Looks good, but it's tiny.

Goddamn it. Driveclub is the best looking car game there's ever been. The lighting is simply incredible. It creates such atmosphere and drama. Hopefully they can smooth out some of the wrinkles in there AA system. But damn it even so, sometimes it looks almost real, almost photographic.

I hope they do the business with photomode when it arrives.

benzy

Goddamn it. Driveclub is the best looking car game there's ever been. The lighting is simply incredible. It creates such atmosphere and drama. Hopefully they can smooth out some of the wrinkles in there AA system. But damn it even so, sometimes it looks almost real, almost photographic.

I hope they do the business with photomode when it arrives.

That's all Driveclub's graphics engine really needs for the next game. Improve the AF and AA, and the engine is golden.

iwfibv.jpg

ilfool.jpg

wyoudx.jpg

Toxa

1896739_10205044432017509_8947090486522765009_n.jpg

10392314_10205044438577673_3923560354912197873_n.jpg

10353036_10205044445497846_6120273958471838113_n.jpg

after a few hours it's a really good game but the framerate is choppy ... sub 30fps on ps4

and my broadcast last night on twitch is now banned :( anyway I was playing so badly

Toxa

Seriously? It's almost an insult releasing a badly ported last-gen game to PS4/Xbox One.

it looks ok during the first 2 chapter but afer that the engine fails and the framerate goes down when there's too many things on the screen.

Tango need to fix that with a patch because there's nothing in this game that the ps4 can't handle

Caayn

Rodent Rage (TeamDakota)
projectsparkcaaynscrexvx3h.png

#ARM The Cynbal Wars (xx1MAn1RIOTxx)
projectsparkcaaynscrexpzch.png

和製2D縦スクロールシューティング「撒菱MAKIBISHI」Var1 (SOUTAX)
projectsparkcaaynscreflxcq.png

i-Lo

Is TEW really that good looking during gameplay? Previous showings looked pretty washed out with terrible textures.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Is TEW really that good looking during gameplay? Previous showings looked pretty washed out with terrible textures.
Well it's not photomode, the game looks wonderful and has a depth of field that looks great, there are some bad textures but mostly it looks fantastic
It doesn't look like the trailers that's for sure, I was surprised by how nice the PS4 version is
Look good imo
hzLhtXP.jpg

Is there an ingame way to reduce the film grain? Those screenshots look overly grainy imo :/
Yep, there's a option, it's on max by default.
Here it without grain

oe9IMSt.jpg

The grain in The Evil Within looks great to me, very fitting of the atmosphere they're going for. I'll never understand why people dislike the effect so much.

i-Lo

Well it's not photomode, the game looks wonderful and has a depth of field that looks great, there are some bad textures but mostly it looks fantastic
It doesn't look like the trailers that's for sure, I was surprised by how nice the PS4 version is

Thanks mate and how's the framerate?

The grain in The Evil Within looks great to me, very fitting of the atmosphere they're going for. I'll never understand why people dislike the effect so much.

Internet High-five

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
15342927087_1d5d35c254_o.jpg

15529288862_c4ce4f6ea7_o.jpg

14908542104_644f3fa95f_o.jpg

So, I've reached chapter
, the game has
chapters. I feel like anything from this point on is going to be spoilerific, so I'm not gonna post any more of it. It has a great atmosphere and puts you in some crazy looking areas. If you don't care about location spoilers, here's two of my favorite shots that I just took: 1 and 2.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Thanks mate and how's the framerate?

Internet High-five
It's OK, I heard some complain but I ain't got nothing to write home about, it may drop some frames but I haven't really notice it much.

Internet High-five

I'm a big fan of all those effects. Blur, grain/digital noise, lens flares (used carefully), depth of field, etc. Imperfect perfection is more appealing to me than a crystal clear pristine visual style which runs the risk of looking sterile and artificial unless the game is insanely detailed.

Timu

Yep, there's a option, it's on max by default.
Here it without grain

oe9IMSt.jpg
I honestly think it looks better without it set to max.=O

Film grain is best for horror games, which is what The Evil Within is thankfully, since it creates a mood/atmosphere for the game to match it. Film grain can sometimes be overdone and it doesn't fit other genres that much.

shandy706

^ Road textures don't look horrid in those shots compared to some others I've seen.

That middle picture though....outside of the road texture...yikes.

Night time looks wonderful as always.

Top Bottom