• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

KHlover

Banned
Well it's not photomode, the game looks wonderful and has a depth of field that looks great, there are some bad textures but mostly it looks fantastic
It doesn't look like the trailers that's for sure, I was surprised by how nice the PS4 version is
Look good imo
hzLhtXP.jpg

Yep, there's a option, it's on max by default.
Here it without grain

Image quality in this still screenshot definitely seems to be higher without the film grain, but it also isn't quite as atmospheric. Film grain to the max was overdone and negatively affecting IQ imo, but I think film grain set to 30-50% should be a great compromise between IQ and atmosphere for screenshots.

i-Lo

inF SS:

infamoussecondson_201tfijn.jpg

infamoussecondson_201utz1c.jpg

infamoussecondson_2012wb9a.jpg

It's OK, I heard some complain but I ain't got nothing to write home about, it may drop some frames but I haven't really notice it much.

Thanks mate.

I'm a big fan of all those effects. Blur, grain/digital noise, lens flares (used carefully), depth of field, etc. Imperfect perfection is more appealing to me than a crystal clear pristine visual style which runs the risk of looking sterile and artificial unless the game is insanely detailed.

I, unequivocally concur.

^ Road textures don't look horrid in those shots compared to some others I've seen.

That middle picture though....outside of the road texture...yikes.

Night time looks wonderful as always.

Except it's not the texture rather texture filtering that's in question.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm a big fan of all those effects. Blur, grain/digital noise, lens flares (used carefully), depth of field, etc. Imperfect perfection is more appealing to me than a crystal clear pristine visual style which runs the risk of looking sterile and artificial unless the game is insanely detailed.
You'll love Evil Within then, between this and Alien Isolation......
tumblr_m8tazySDNs1rqgu49.gif

dr_rus

AF is free on PC because GPUs have gobs of their own bandwidth that isn't being siphoned away by the CPU. I think someone in another thread did the math and to apply 16xAF on a 1808p scene is around 15GB/s worth of bandwidth.
AF is nearly free on all modern GPUs because of how it is done in modern GPUs. It doesn't consume any bandwidth because it is a nearly 100% texture cache hit operation. And guess what - both XBO and PS4 use almost the same modern GPU. Going with even 16x AF on those shouldn't bring more than 20% performance hit in worst cases.

Now that's still 20%, sure, but I honestly think that 16x AF would make a lot more to the general subjective perception of image quality of a game than say some more complex SSAO shader which can easily be swapped in favor of a faster one which will in turn allow the usage of AF on key textures.

(I'm saying SSAO here because this is a b/w heavy effect - and I don't see any consoles dropping it because they don't have as much bandwidth as PC GPUs do. Which is complete bollocks in itself by the way because some GTX 650 card while being rather good with AF have less than 50% of PS4 memory bandwidth. And games tend not to show any significant difference between running on 1155 and 2011 CPU sockets which have nearly two times CPU bandwidth difference.)

BratmanDu

With all the P* love going around these days, I finally got around to starting W101.

W101 has been sitting on my hard drive for ages, I've tried playing it before but I didn't 'get it' and gave up. Then I was going through my wii backlog, and did Okami, then I was ready to tackle W101 again.

I've just completed the bits you see here, took me until here to 'get it' (I'm still terrible btw!). Loving it now can't wait to play more and get gud!

mIYvYXH.jpg

RpHrJrK.jpg

4ewRmaz.jpg

Fortunately, my find is borrowing me his copy, so I don't have to buy my own. :D

I can't wait to play it. It looks great.

I am a huge fan of the Batman: Arkham series by Rocksteady, and I felt it at home the moment I started taking control of Talion. And you know what, this is my first time experiencing something that's based off of the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit universe/lore. Liked the story, voice acting, the way the cinematics were directed/sound design and most importantly the core combat and the refreshing feel to the gameplay all thanks to the Nemesis System. I have put in already 40hrs and I can keep going on and on!

Dayummm. Usually in games, NPC's and enemies aren't as detailed as the main characters, but his game has awesome looking enemies. Just as good as Talion, imo.

Precisely, there are a few games out there where npc's do end up looking good(The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption are the two games that quickly comes to my mind)

Some of these uruk's actually look more detailed than Talion(face-wise) sometimes. Also some have mentioned/criticised Talion has a generic look, but I don't share this criticism.

A few more :)

isWO8h8OqYuHd.jpg

iqOKLgFwyeHBE.jpg

iOuynnMk3kTNy.jpg

TheMoon

Might have to pick this up. Never played it and it can be had on WiiU for like $10 new.

Beware, the game might remind of the tragedy that no more AAA multiplats land on Wii U that can potentially have awesome GamePad features like this one. Arkham City really uses it well, especially considering it's tying it into the universe by having Batman use an almost looking device on his arm. Sweet stuff.

Top Bottom