• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Sorry, I'm probably the 24th person to ask about this but, how do we get HD quality pictures from Twitter? I'd like to add some shots via imageshack but all I get out of twitter is some tiny screens!

Also, MODS should add the instructions in the OP. =)

right click to get the image url. replace "large" with "orig"

Timu

iW9rWvze9kzh.png

iZdDQI81jAZ7W.png

idMs06ArTZ5yc.png

Thats actually the replay mode.
I actually forgot about that feature somehow.o_O

How's Crimson Dragon look in motion? Pretty unimpressive from what I have seen in screeners.
Better from what I played but not a major difference or anything.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Which mode did you play to get those icons to pop up like that?=O

I dont know what icons you are talking bout but this is the steps I took to get those screens.

Go to your fight archive, replays. From there go to options and turn off the HUD and all that. As you are watching the replay, you can press the A button I believe and it does a freeze frame.

Best part is if you catch it right, you see the shadows coming out in like matrix motion.

Sorry, I'm probably the 24th person to ask about this but, how do we get HD quality pictures from Twitter? I'd like to add some shots via imageshack but all I get out of twitter is some tiny screens!

Also, MODS should add the instructions in the OP. =)

in the image url change large to orig.

Because of the those differences in lighting, better subsurface scattering, and differences in texture filtering.

A bit of hyperbole since I know Crytek used the same models. But the point should still come across. Because of how they were represented they barely look like the same models.

Edit: Thanks for dedicating some of your time to me though.

syoaran

Uploaded via a capture card, not the internal UI of either device. Bit of compression going from card > flickr:

Killzone SF PS4:
11141210556_ed36042e14_o.jpg

11141197526_08371c3fc6_o.jpg

11141261774_c757671175_o.jpg

11141276914_091c7c7ac7_o.jpg

11131933485_a7c2d363a2_o.jpg

Zelda WW HD Wii U:

11148576946_fcee20e0ee_o.jpg

11148735883_d728f05679_o.jpg

Animal Crossing Plaza, Wii U:
11141414273_c8a42f3813_o.jpg

KKRT00

Lighting is only one of the changes between the two.

I mean two entirely different levels of SSS, realistic lighting on the pre-rendered, harsher lighting on the realtime model, sizable texturing differences (could be up to filtering differences between the realtime renderer and offline) they barely look like the same assets. A chunk of that is because of the brute force approach of offline rendering. Don't have to worry about render times there. But yes there is a pretty sizable difference if you know what to look for.

Sorry I haven't been here praising the awesome guys. I got Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen for $13 on XBL and have been kind of absorbed.
Have You even played Crysis 3? I can You post a world difference shots of cutscene Psycho and gameplay Psycho. And i can post shots, where he looks the same.

And judging shaders and textures from shots taken from 720p 3mbps video? Or judging SSS in completely diffferent lighting conditions?
Come on ...

Pre-rendering has nothing to do with anything You said, because some cutscenes are real-time and look exactly the same as pre-rendered ones.

Have You even played Crysis 3? I can You post a world difference shots of cutscene Psycho and gameplay Psycho. And i can post shots, where he looks the same.

And judging shaders and textures from shots taken from 720p 3mbps video? Or judging SSS in completely diffferent lighting conditions?
Come on ...

Pre-rendering has nothing to do with anything You said, because some cutscenes are real-time and look exactly the same as pre-rendered ones.
I'm not insulting the game nor am I the one that made the comparison. I even made mention of the vastly different lighting conditions earlier. If that's not a representative gameplay screen, find one that is. Because what I'm seeing there is not of the same fidelity. They look like they are the same models, but with vastly differing shading, lighting, SSS, and texture filtering. The prerendered was the better image in that comparison.

In every way.

That's not an insult to the game. It has some of the best male character models I've seen. With some of the best skin shader tech out there on consoles until The Order releases. If I would have known arguing against someone else assertion that there's no difference between the two screens when in fact there are distinct differences between the two screens was going to garner this much irritation I would have just kept playing DD. Because I do think the game is beautiful, but that comparison was slanted in favor of the prerendered image at the outset.

thelastword

Banned
Ok, thanks for the help with Twitter guys.
Let's start with some Knack!!

This game is criminally underrated visually.
I'm with you here, one of the cleanest looking games that I have seen. It's IQ is what I really wanted for Ratchet all last gen though. I hope Insomniac takes note, also, if Sony gets Crash back I believe we will see similar levels of IQ on perhaps a more established franchise.

McLovin

Some of those killzone shots look great. Its a shame the ps4 captures lose so much detail after being uploaded :/
Wii U captures look impressive.

Panthers

After playing a good amount of single player and online, I think I can safely say KZSF is the most underrated game so far this gen. Im loving single player, and online is as awesome as ever. Issues are there, but the game is amazing.

These shots are really showing off what this game can do. Its so easy to get immersed in it.

Oneself

Some more Knack. Because.

Impressive lighting, reflections & shadows
0NWW65a.jpg

Some cutscenes aren't pre-recorded and look just as amazing.
6Tqe9qc.jpg

I wish I was playing a new Jak&Daxter...
UUyKgVk.jpg

Knack designers really have a thing with rocks, don't they?

Does somebody have shots of Knack that aren't environments with a bunch of rocks? If what's been shown in this thread is any indication the game's got a really bad case of launch jank copy-paste-itis.

I'm sure someone will call me out for this but..hell Skylanders Swap Force looks fantastic on the Wii U (and to be fair, I've heard it looks great on the Xbone and PS4 as well). It's more of a true sequel to the first game than Giants was.

uNMAHdu.jpg

(summoning screen)

vnzDOlJ.jpg

(If you squint really hard, you can pretend its a brand new Spyro game)

YANwUE8.jpg

(the lighting effects were pretty impressive to me)

VanWinkle

I'm sure someone will call me out for this but..hell Skylanders Swap Force looks fantastic on the Wii U (and to be fair, I've heard it looks great on the Xbone and PS4 as well). It's more of a true sequel to the first game than Giants was.

uNMAHdu.jpg

(summoning screen)

vnzDOlJ.jpg

(If you squint really hard, you can pretend its a brand new Spyro game)

YANwUE8.jpg

(the lighting effects were pretty impressive to me)

Man, I wonder what resolution that's running at. It looks way below 720p. It does look nice at native 1080p on PS4 though (images taken from horribly compressed Twitter):

BZfJSaZIEAA38kY.jpg:orig

BZPtqRxIMAAJ-pL.jpg:orig

Man, I wonder what resolution that's running at. It looks way below 720p. It does look nice at native 1080p on PS4 though (images taken from horribly compressed Twitter):

BZfJSaZIEAA38kY.jpg:orig

BZPtqRxIMAAJ-pL.jpg:orig

Ah neat. Maybe I have to change some settings around? Admittably, this is my first time trying to get the images off the Wii U so I probably messed something up.

Top Bottom