• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 (XB/PC, Sumo Digital) E3 Trailer out Nov 7th

That is some strange wording with the multiplayer.

Reminds me of GTAO, treated as a separate game that happened to come with GTA5.

Reading that the PvP is about destroying the enemy tower before yours gets destroyed, I wonder how far down the DoTA/MoBa rabbit hole they're going here.

And with the server-side physics in multiplayer and whatever costs are associated with keeping those servers going, I'd expect this game to have some aggressive monetization schemes. Maybe Terry Crews is a premium character to play in multi?
I wont be surprised if the multiplayer Arena gets delayed and patched in a few months after the game is released.

It will be a complete package at launch they said.
That would be ideal but Id be surprised if they managed to. When will they be showing the Multiplayer Arena? Has MS set a date?

Im not a fan of how the single player looks too but Sumo Digital has impressive pedigree, so them I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

That would be ideal but Id be surprised if they managed to. When will they be showing the Multiplayer Arena? Has MS set a date?

Im not a fan of how the single player looks too but Sumo Digital has impressive pedigree, so them I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

They said later this year. So I assume they will have the game at perhaps Gamescom? No freaking way are they going to release the game only with SP and no MP. That would be ridiculous after this long of a wait.

They said later this year. So I assume they will have the game at perhaps Gamescom? No freaking way are they going to release the game only with SP and no MP. That would be ridiculous after this long of a wait.
There would still be coop MP for the campaign. I was talking only about the Multiplayer Arena.

Gamescom makes sense, considering thats where they premiered the destructible arena 2 ywars ago.

AlStrong

Anyone who says this deserves to be slapped in the face with a dildo bat.
Wow.

Reasons Saints Row IV is worse than Crackdown:

Well, I was more referring to what I've seen of Agents of Mayhem, but ok.

- the control system is Prototype's hacked crudely onto Saints Row The Third's, lacking the tightness of both Prototype and Crackdown.
Never played prototype, but I don't recall Crackdown 1's controls being good either.

- you don't have to platform since you can just run up the side of buildings, making moving around the city feel mindless.
I liked the running and movement felt less of a struggle. Even CD2 added gliding, so...

- 50 gazillion more orbs than Crackdown so collecting them is now a chore and they don't increase your abilities in real time like agility orbs do so they are less satisfying to pick up..
Let's not kid ourselves, the orbs are still a chore. Being less of one in your opinion doesn't make it good. Not even having a map for them in the first game just made it all the more tedious and rote. Exploration is fun for a while, but I could do without it being the mainstay.

Regarding upgrades - they're just different on the outside. You still have to collect a certain number, only in SRIV you had choice of upgrades. Big whoop?

- linear progression instead of non-linear like Saints Row 1-2 and Crackdown.

I actually prefer a directed story. If all they aspired to was a sandbox with the same gameplay, they could have spent less money remastering the first game instead. As it is, it's disappointing to see how things have turned out.

Alx

Nah, the objective is those two buildings. It doesn't say that there's not other ones to smash.

I remember in the reveal trailer, agents were making a building collapse on its side to create a launching pad for a truck, which was clearly aimed at a boss. I hope they keep that possibility in the game, with such a destruction being obviously more scripted than the MP full destruction (there were glowing explosives appearing at the base of the building).

It would be nice for some more information on this game. After the lofty promises I feel they have done a poor job of advertising since it's official 're-reveal' at E3. Sure they have now shown the campaign, which I think looks fine. But there is still much confusion and lack of clarity about the multiplayer. Why can we not see it? If the multiplayer now 'sucks' compared to what was proposed back in 2015 then it's best to get that out in the open, not hide it away. Or if it is indeed really cool, why not show it to us?

Drip feeding of information for a game releasing in a few months, of which we have been waiting for years, is just annoying and bad form. IMO!

It would be nice for some more information on this game. After the lofty promises I feel they have done a poor job of advertising since it's official 're-reveal' at E3. Sure they have now shown the campaign, which I think looks fine. But there is still much confusion and lack of clarity about the multiplayer. Why can we not see it? If the multiplayer now 'sucks' compared to what was proposed back in 2015 then it's best to get that out in the open, not hide it away. Or if it is indeed really cool, why not show it to us?

Drip feeding of information for a game releasing in a few months, of which we have been waiting for years, is just annoying and bad form. IMO!

I would assume they have a marketing plan around different reveals leading up to the game. I would guess that they might reveal multiplayer at Gamescom or do a series of videos / streams in the months leading up to launch.

I would assume they have a marketing plan around different reveals leading up to the game. I would guess that they might reveal multiplayer at Gamescom or do a series of videos / streams in the months leading up to launch.

I am going to assume Gamescom is where we will see more in depth information at Gamescom as well. That is where they showed off some early gameplay years ago.

Possibly, they have to show it at some point. But they have been quick to dismiss any discussion surrounded the multiplayer, or even reassure that the multiplayer component lives up to the promises. Just a brief mention of what it may entail on the website.

The cloud destruction stuff was the big selling point a couple of years ago, and if it still exists I don't see why they couldn't show both it and the campaign. Even if only a teaser for a full showing at a later date. All they have done is left people with more questions, a problem the game has had since it was first announced.

mas8705

Still crossing my fingers that Crackdown 3 will turn out well. I know that I loved the first game and was one of the few that actually got it for just the game and not the Halo Beta.

Trup1aya

Nothing short of MP gameplay will get my excitement back to where it was.

I'm sure campaign will be fun, but I wanna see the MP asap.

Theorry

Full comic con panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogcRALzq_4U

Edit: Oh shit the character of Crews in the game is named after his son.
Gun in the game that can scan stuff and create stuff you can then throw.
Bosses will appear on the side of buildings and will talk to you while you run through the city.
Terry Crews his character is a playable character.

Mauddib

Banned
This game isn't too far out, and they haven't shown the multiplayer at all (apart from the small demos they played at a few tech conferences). For something that will require Azure servers to conduct complex physics related calculations on the fly, this is pretty worrying news.

At the very least they should have beta tested the multiplayer on a large scale like some of the Halo games have. I have zero faith that they can live up to the promise of the cloud straight out of the box. I'm not saying that I don't think the technology can do what it claims to do. We've seen it demonstrated. I just can't believe the launch will go smoothly for technology that is cutting edge but also in its infancy.

This game isn't too far out, and they haven't shown the multiplayer at all (apart from the small demos they played at a few tech conferences). For something that will require Azure servers to conduct complex physics related calculations on the fly, this is pretty worrying news.

At the very least they should have beta tested the multiplayer on a large scale like some of the Halo games have. I have zero faith that they can live up to the promise of the cloud straight out of the box. I'm not saying that I don't think the technology can do what it claims to do. We've seen it demonstrated. I just can't believe the launch will go smoothly for technology that is cutting edge but also in its infancy.
If they show it at Gamescom in a month, which I expect they will, there's still ~3 months until release.

I agree it's a bit worrying, but it seems obvious they are saving it for Gamescom for whatever reason

Theorry

Those last two bullets sound very cool.

They also talked about retaliation. Bosses get pissed and will attack you suddenly with different things are even attack you themself.

---

Echo. New "voice in the ear". Voice of the agency is stil there. But she just gives more info on the world etc.

untitledi7suj.png

W.S.

They also talked about retaliation. Bosses get pissed and will attack you suddenly with different things are even attack you themself.

---

Echo. New "voice in the ear". Voice of the agency is stil there. But she just gives more info on the world etc.

untitledi7suj.png

She looks very reminiscent of Elodie Yung.

EvB

rolled eyes at the

"oh Hai, I'm Jason from San Diego, ith it true that the whole single player thity will be destructible?"

It's like a Crackdown thread in real life

Anyway, I've extracted that image from the video again, so we have a less compressed one to look at (it's actually about 200frames of that still image averaged)

r4ITMIV.jpg

Looks really nice here, I can't tell if this is "in game" or "promo" shot?

peppers

I think the game should look pretty close to that at least in day time. Resolution shouldn't be an issue in the 1X, plus the fog is there in the game, and there seems to be some areas more geometrically complex than others, an example of which would be shown in that picture. IMO the lighting is the only thing that remains quite different, since we've only really seen night time footage with not many bright neon lights and such.

Then again that photo might've been taken from a PC in Ultra settings as well, so...

Edit: I'm wrong. Maybe next time.

peppers

https://youtu.be/cb0rwWUPcBo

If you go to exactly 59:00 you can hear Jez Corden (he has played the game) saying that Crackdown 3 does not look like that screenshot. It is in-engine for sure, but it's closer to concept art than real time graphics.

I stand corrected, sorry bois.

lcd

After watching the comic-con panel I'm still hyped to play some Crackdown 3. Hoping they bring back the wingsuit as well since I always enjoyed gliding over the city in Crackdown 2.

Top Bottom