• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy currently listed for Switch on Keymailer

I'd buy it. Haven't gotten it on PS4 yet, so I might forgo that for the Switch version.

I know you're heavily invested in the stupid ass console war but Sony has no say on the timeframe it releases on other consoles. Sorry to burst your bubble. And your opinion contradicts Sony's actions regarding this game and others like Nier/FFX/Diablo 3 amongst many others; they damn well mind and try their hardest to make people think the game is exclusive to PlayStation until they can't hide it anymore. Your original post was pretty cringeworthy.

huh?

And this is how a lot of these marketing deals work... this behavior not exclusive (lol) to Sony.

I didn't get it on PS4, I would love to play this on a portable. I won't get it so soon though. This year I'll only buy Mario Odyssey and maybe Xenoblade 2.

I know you're heavily invested in the stupid ass console war but Sony has no say on the timeframe it releases on other consoles. Sorry to burst your bubble. And your opinion contradicts Sony's actions regarding this game and others like Nier/FFX/Diablo 3 amongst many others; they damn well mind and try their hardest to make people think the game is exclusive to PlayStation until they can't hide it anymore. Your original post was pretty cringeworthy.

Embarrassing post.

Crayon

Two years ago, I thought everyone was trolling when they were begging for crash bandicoot. I thought it was like knack.

Cynn

I can’t even imagine the size of the pool they could fill with money if they ported to Switch.

Ash735

High hopes considering they abandoned the PlayStation 4 version, we're still waiting for a damn patch to fix some of the broken things in the game!

Orbis

Would buy again. Crash was fun on PSP and Vita as portable games, combine that with the awesome remake and it's a hit.

Only thing is I hope they speed up the initial load for the game, having to sit through those logos, wait for the menu to load, wait for the selected game to load, that is tedious currently on PS4 so hopefully they improve that (and on PS4).

Just like those Crash for Gameboy Advance, my dudes

Were there Crash games on the GBA? I wouldn't know, I've never played a game in this series, leaned more towards Spyro myself and that had a decent outing on the GBA.

Still going back and forth over buying this for any platform, it sounds like a bad remake with its physics & control issues and of course only being 30 FPS. Hopefully there's a sale on PS4 so I can see for myself what all the hoopla is about.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The N. Sane Trilogy is undoubtedly just a temporary exclusive. It's an Acti-owned product composed of three Acti-owned games that was published solely by Acti, developed by an Acti studio and belongs to an Acti IP. There is no more room in that pie for fingers as Acti's have taken up all the space.

A CTR remake, on the other hand, would (or rather will, since we all know it's coming) be a hard exclusive as the original is the one and only Crash game Sony actually owns.

Blam

The N. Sane Trilogy is undoubtedly just a temporary exclusive. It's an Acti-owned product composed of three Acti-owned games that was published solely by Acti, developed by an Acti studio and belongs to an Acti IP. It's literally impossible for Acti to fit any more fingers in that pie.

A CTR remake, on the other hand, would (or rather will, since we all know it's coming) be a hard exclusive as the original is the one and only Crash game Sony actually owns.

Which hurts to know that CTR will never be on the Switch.

Fiendcode

It makes sense. Crash is too big to limit to just one platform.

Which hurts to know that CTR will never be on the Switch.
If a CTR remake is limited in any way by Sony I’d expect Activision to probably just forego it in favor of a sequel. Racers aren’t really lucrative for remakes anyway, the genre is generally seen as more iterative. Plus Activision might be able to pull a Mario Kart and include a number of modernized classic tracks anyway.

There’s no real incentive for Activision to produce a game they don’t have control over though. It’s likely either a multiplat possible CTR or else no CTR at all.

JaseC

Maybe Activision managed to buy all rights to it, you never know, it's their right if Sony's willing to sell what they own in that.

Sony's owned the game for almost 20 years now. I think it's safe to say that the remakes doing as well as they have has only encouraged Sony to hold on to it. Acti could make an offer, of course, but that feels like something that would have happened by now if it were going to happen at all.

I held off on buying the PS4 version and decided to wait for it to come to PC. Never really occurred to me this would come to the Switch. If that happens I think i will just buy it on the Switch. Seems like the perfect game for it.

QUOTE=Gotdatmoney;252261449]Even though I'm pretty sure this js a mistake listing I would be hype if this made its way to Xbox One and Switch.[/QUOTE]

That would be a lot of mistakes. this is just one of many

M-PG71C

Strike one down against the Sony Empire! Bow Down to Switch-Lord. /s

Would be pretty sweet portable, I'm sure Activision is going to release this on anything and everything fairly soon. It's Activision.

Feorax

I feel like we've had listing for the Xbox One version of this for ages and nothing has ever some of that. I'm not entirely discounting a switch version, but for the most part, retail listings are definitely not reliable.

phanphare

Banned
I may feel a little blasphemous playing it on non-Sony hawrdware, but being able to play this in a portable is so worth it.

Crashadven.png

the seed was planted long ago

Famassu

Was Crash Bandicoot 1 always this hard? I mean, getting to the end of levels isn't anything too impossible, but holy shit this one "don't die in a level while getting all boxes" level, did the original game even have such goals to get these coloured jewels?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Plus Activision might be able to pull a Mario Kart and include a number of modernized classic tracks anyway.

Unlikely if Sony owns all rights to the original. You can't just remake other people's level designs.

Famassu

It would not surprise me if this showed up on the Switch around Black Friday.
I'd imagine Sony has at least some 6 month exclusivity deal with Activision if this is going to be released on other platforms, so I'd speculate early 2018 at earliest.

iswasdoes

The N. Sane Trilogy is undoubtedly just a temporary exclusive. It's an Acti-owned product composed of three Acti-owned games that was published solely by Acti, developed by an Acti studio and belongs to an Acti IP. There is no more room in that pie for fingers as Acti's have taken up all the space.

This is correct, its not an exclusive.

Hope it comes to switch, as with everything (Though I do agree this is another one that feels like a particularly good fit)

Fiendcode

Unlikely if Sony owns all rights to the original. You can't just remake other people's level designs.
It really depends on the particulars of Sony’s ownership over that game. If they alter the track designs at all it likely wouldn’t matter either way though, Activision still holds all IP rights to everything introduced in CTR (like Nitrous Oxide for example).

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
It really depends on the particulars of Sony’s ownership over that game. If they alter the track designs at all it likely wouldn’t matter either way though, Activision still holds all IP rights to everything introduced in CTR (like Nitrous Oxide for example).

Well, good luck making a new racing game remixing levels from Mario Kart ;). But of course it depends on what they own, but if they own the full game (outside of characters), then Activision would have to rely on new track designs. Which is not a bad thing anyway.

JaseC

There's no real incentive for Activision to produce a game they don't have control over though. It's likely either a multiplat possible CTR or else no CTR at all.

Acti wouldn't be involved with a remake of CTR. It'd be developed internally and published internally.

Top Bottom