• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cuomo/NY state spending over $200M on fancy bridge lights as the NY subway crumbles

NYC survives on the subway. They need to fix it and the state needs to support that. Why the hell is this even an issue for NY? It's a net positive for both parties to fix it.

Not just the subway. The arteries that bring people in and out of the city every day. NJT, LIRR, bridges etc. People rely on that shit to earn their bread and butter.

aparisi2274

"Oooh, look at the pretty lights!" Said no NY'er ever!!

Seriously these two schmucks need to stop with the pissing match and sit down and figure out how to fix the damn subways... even on the weekends its a pain in the ass to get anywhere.

I think I read something yesterday where the MTA was considering banning food on the subway to curb track fires... ummm, no. How about you put trash bins back into most of the subway terminals so that people have somewhere to throw their garbage instead of on the tracks...

I was out in LA in June and used their subway for the first time and was amazed at how clean everything was, especially the tracks. Not a single ounce of garbage could be seen anywhere. It's embarrassing when you see that and then see how the NYC subway system looks. :(

At least when the train stalls on the bridge for the 10
th time that day, people can look out the window and look at the $200 million lights!

FIX THE SUBWAYS

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Am I crazy or did he not call a state of emergency to fix all trains immediately not too long ago?

Yes, he did.

How bad is the subway? I walk everywhere and only use it once a week with no problem.

There are delays, broken signals, derailments, crappy old trains.

This happened the other day:

BrYtoPl.jpg

jMsmSVI.jpg

every time I ride the subways on the newer days with the LED screens inside I always think, "couldn't you have spent the money elsewhere instead of these useless screens???"

Lister

Banned
I just took the subway last weekend for the first time in a year. Took it to get to the Museum of Natural History with my wife and son.

Holy cow! Huge delays, extremely crowded and hot conditions. What a nightmare. As bad as it is to drive in the city, I think I'll do that next time.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
While Cuomo keeps jerking off at his upcoming light show, a Q train derailed this morning.

btrboyev

Someone explain to me why led lighting is so expensive? Not only here, but in all senses.

They are dirt cheap to produce.

Top Bottom