• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 8 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

master15 said:
Season 2 is Curb at arguably it's best. The season is utterly amazing in terms of sheer quality, with there being practically no bad episode;

- The car salesman
- Thor
- The shrimp incident
- The doll
- Shaq
- The massage

Later seasons the quality hasn't been as good nor the scenarios as tight.
Totally with you on that one.

I love all of Curb but season two gave me the most genuine laughs.

Early Curb is so easily the best Curb. The show has never been as good as the first 4 seasons.

I've really enjoyed every other season and I don't think it's had a bad one, but some of the main arcs that have carried later seasons didn't interest me as much.

1-4 are just as perfect as early Seinfeld seasons IMO.

it's not that i think all black people look alike, it's that i think all COMPUTERS, look alike.

omg so hilarious.

and yeah it was booger.

SolKane

Richard Lewis defending his girlfriends is always hilarious.

Have to say that the contrivances/coincidences are getting even more far-fetched as the years go on, though.

Staab

I know what the fuck you're talking about !

God damn it, that episode was hilarious :

who the fuck told you my mother's maiden name ??
You're going through my shit??

I cried.

DevelopmentArrested said:
Richard Lewis defending his girlfriends is always hilarious.

Have to say that the contrivances/coincidences are getting even more far-fetched as the years go on, though.

It got a bit ridiculous, but they were excuses for some excellent, excellent stuff. I can more than forgive it. Great episode.

MMaRsu

Banned
Man this episode was so goddamn amazing, I loved it! So much funnier than the first ep too. The stuff with the computer, the battered women's shelter, Richard Lewis talking about balls and titties..

Leon is on another level, his conversation about knowing all of Larry's details was hilarious.

The scene in the hospital with Larry mirroring a wife's attempt to hide the truth about her bruises from the doctors. Classic Curb right there.

anddo0

Been watching the older episodes of this late night for the past month or so. It's amazing, really. I don't pay for premium tv. So, won't be watching season 8 anytime soon. I do however plan to catch up with the series through other means.

woodchuck said:
yup. S2 is the best. The Doll is the most perfectly crafted episode of the series.

the doll is easily my favourite episode of all time. the "JUDYYYYY!" bit is pure gold.

i liked both s08 episodes so far!

"i think all computers look alike" ahaha

What a great ep.

I love Richard Lewis in every episode he's in, Leon explaining he could've robbed Larry 10x over, Larry arguing with the battered woman, the doctor thinking Leon is beating Larry...

Classic Curb from start to finish.

CrankyJay

Banned
Man, Richard Lewis looks so frail and white. It's ridiculous.

Funny episode...but it annoys me to no end how Larry is put into these situations where he's made out to be the bad guy. Those two women couldn't move one fucking foot over, and we're supposed to believe that?

And LOL @ Dale ... "It looks like you can take care of yourself."

CrankyJay said:
Man, Richard Lewis looks so frail and white. It's ridiculous.

Funny episode...but it annoys me to no end how Larry is put into these situations where he's made out to be the bad guy. Those two women couldn't move one fucking foot over, and we're supposed to believe that?

And LOL @ Dale ... "It looks like you can take care of yourself."
I think Richard Lewis looks better now compared to last season.

season 8 (last night)
CURB-YOUR-ENTHUSIASM-episode-72-season-8-episode-2-21-550x415.jpg

season 7
297416.jpg

k maybe not lol he's looked like shit for years, really.

gdt

God, Richard's girlfriend was pretty hot. Dem boobs.

Awesome episodes. Just watched them back to back.

McNei1y

Pretty damn good episode. I liked the Seinfeld-esque situation at the end of the episode with the guy being taken instead of Leon (Elaine's bald boyfriend being taken instead of George).

I lost my shit a bunch of times and people have already quoted the lines but another one was when the one girl asked if Larry was the inspirational speaker and Larry pauses and then gives a soft whisper "What the fuck happened to her?!". I had to pause for almost a minute I was laughing so damn hard.

woodchuck

my favorite part of the episode is just Richard, Funk, Larry, and Jeff hanging around. They all have great chemistry together and everything they say is hilarious.

Wow, that was a tremendous episode. This show doesn't always have me laughing, but it puts a smile on my face from end to end.

e: also, I will miss Cheryl a bit. She and Larry had great chemistry. She was a perfect foil. So much comedy to be explored through a husband and wife. But there will be a lot of interesting scenarios to come now that he's divorced, so it's all good.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Richard: "You looked at her mole with a goddamn telescope like Galileo jerking off from 40 feet away"

Hahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom