• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 8 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foliorum Viridum said:
This episode was once again perfect.

The last two episodes have been some of the best in Curb history. Please keep this up!

I thought last week was pure dreck. This shamed it. That episode is a shanda in comparison.

ahoyhoy said:
yQHUj.gif

Perfect. Probably my favorite episode with Funkhouser.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Did anyone else think it was actually a cat until they pointed out it wasn't? 0.o

Also, one of my parents' friends does the LOL thing all the time too...now I can't not notice it next time I see them. :/

Takuan said:
Anne Bedian. She caught my eye immediately as well. What a gorgeous woman.

This is definitely one of the best Curb episodes ever. I'll bet it angered the right-wingers on both sides, though. Pretty ballsy of Larry, I gotta say. Prettaayyyy, prettayyyy, prettaaaayyyyy... prettay ballsy.

huh?

def a good episode.

holy shit whata great episode.

I'm going to do that "LOL" to my friends all the time now, let's see how quickly I get punched in the face :-D

Takuan

Frank Lemon said:
huh?

def a good episode.
I don't think the extremists on both sides of the Israel/Palestine issue would've appreciated how the episode makes light of that whole debacle. I can't say that for a fact, of course, not knowing anyone who belongs to those groups personally.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
BigAT said:
Such a fantastic line for anyone that understands the reference. It had me cracking up so hard.

In case someone didn't get it...it was a reference to Koufax's Judaism and refusal to play on holidays.

LMAO

lljride

Socreges said:
"My friends call me Larry."
"I like you."
"What's not to like?"
"Ehh, you're a Jew."

Fucking LOVED her delivery on that one, plus Larry's indifference.

Great episode.

There were so many L O L moments in that ep, but this exchange might be my favorite. One of the best Curb episodes I've ever seen.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Excellent episode. I thought things were starting to get a little forced in the first two, Leon wasn't as funny and that incisive conversation just wasn't there, but this was much better. I'm not surprised Larry heads for NY after the shit that went down in these first three episodes.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The bedroom scene was amazing. I love when she recited Larry's long form name and he says not to bring his father into this.

Classic Curb. I think season 7's finale would've been a perfect place to end the show creatively, but this episode alone makes the decision to continue worthwhile. The hate fuck... L-O-L

GuessWho

holy shit top 3-5 episodes right there. It really was perfect. As a jew I would of taken the sisters.

Hot threesome with delicious chicken.

LM4sure

Banned
Good episode. Thus far this season, it's been 1>3>>>>>2. Funkhouser is hilarious. I love his raspy voice. No Leon makes me sad though.

Clydefrog

That was one of my favorite Curb episodes EVER

my roommate came home from work just as the sex scene started and was like "what the FUCK are you watching?!"

yacobod

Banned
Ok i was sort of down on the first 2 episodes, but last nights episode was superb.

social assassin, i'm going to fuck the jew out of you, the brownie, so many laughs last night.

Holy fuck this season has been absolutely killing me. Thankyou Curb for washing the bad taste of the new Entourage out of my mouth.

vaelic

Banned
still waiting on this season to produce

- the glaring eye showdown Lary does
- Prettyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Prettyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy good

Meier

AlphaSnake said:
In case someone didn't get it...it was a reference to Koufax's Judaism and refusal to play on holidays.

LMAO
Dodgers fans had to suffer through a modern day Koufaxing as well when Shawn Green sat out a game that fell on Yom Kippur.

I would have guessed Larry had sided with the Palestinians due to the delicious chicken but the preview shows him with the hot chick from the coal company on Justified soooo I guess no more Shara (sp).

Staab said:
"Fuck me like Israel fucked my people! Show me the promised land, you circumcised fuck!"

hahahahahaha

And that was just one of the obvious high points. The dinner party, Funk Man, every single interaction and little foible, just amazing. Perfect from start to finish. This episode was truly a contender for GOAT in the series--my throat is literally raw from laughing.

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
"We seek him here, we seek him there..."

"I'm an occupier"

Two of my favourite Curb moments ever. That whole sequence with the sex scene then the argument with Marty was one of the funniest things ever on the show

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Larry: Look at this woman [motions Jeff to observe Shara]; Could be the next Mrs. David. What do you think about that?

Jeff: If by some chance she’s gonna get over her anti-Semitism, odds are –

Larry: Not with me?

Jeff: Not with you. Just my gut feeling.

Larry: You know what it is? You’re always attracted to someone who doesn’t want you, right? Well, here, you have somebody who not only doesn’t want you, doesn’t even acknowledge your right to exist! Wants your destruction!…That’s a turn on.

Loved that exchange. There's truth to the whole hotness of fucking out of hate.

Margalis

Banned
I thought this season Curb was going to be in New York? Was that scrapped or is that still part of the plans?

Edit: Reading online seems like it is happening.

CrankyJay

Banned
GuessWho said:
holy shit top 3-5 episodes right there. It really was perfect. As a jew I would of taken the sisters.

Hot threesome with delicious chicken.

My Jewish roommate from college told me the same exact thing yesterday. LOL.

Can someone possibly .gif Larry when he's waving his one arm in the air and grabbing his face yelling "WHOAAA SIRENS!! YARMULKE ON THE FLOOR!!"? I'll love you forever.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Is this just a case of me spending too much time on the internet, or did they reference the troll face "problem?" guy when Larry came downstairs to greet Marty. It was more than just the word "problem?" he like cocked his head a little bit and it waited a beat right before it came out.

Fantastic episode, reminded me of that one time he was gonna have sex with the laundry mat lady and bought a sheet to stick his dick through.

Watched the episode again. It's such a genius episode! Things you don't observe in the first viewing will be observed in the second. I was laughing the entire time even on my second viewing. Sammy getting up at dinner is PURE GENIUS! You could see that she was curious what the joke was going to be even when Susie pointed it out, yet she left for other reasons... So good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom