• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CVG: Microsoft to reveal 'major 3rd party game' comes free with X1 [MCV: FIFA 14]

LQX

If the XB1 comes with a free game I would be willing to pay the premium as Kinect is worth at least $50.

RulkezX

It's hilarious the MCVUK story is being posted over and over given the usual reaction to anything they write.

Edit : A FIFA bundle is possible of course, exclusivity is not happening, not ever.

This page is filled with people who saw the title but not the article. Exclusive people. An exclusive third party game is not CoD, Fifa, BF4, Watch Dogs

Please be Fifa. I'm an NA gamer, but I love me some Fifa!!!

If it's an exclusive Xbox One game, Dead Rising 3 or Ryse would be cool as free pack ins :)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
How many copies does ea sell of FIFA? That is basically a huuuge check. Ea must be happy.

For people who say CoD, Battlefield, deadrising 3 or other M-rated games. No... They aren't going to pack in a game that can't be played by children/teens, because that would mean they couldn't sell the xbox1 to a lot of people.

sunnz

This page is filled with people who saw the title but not the article. Exclusive people. An exclusive third party game is not CoD, Fifa, BF4, Watch Dogs

And its filled with people who don't see the other article posted in the OP that says it could be fifa 14.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Not to be a negative nancy but why not just drop the price a let people choose the game? It's not like they're going to buy the console without buying a game.

Boke1879

I did read the OP. No next-gen version of GTA V has been announced. Hard to say what this is or isn't with the conflicting reports, but Microsoft and Rockstar do have a history.

Very doubtful it's GTAV. Rock* and Sony have a deal and GTAV is already being bundled with the PS3.

Not to mention it would be very unwise for Rock* to announce a next gen version when the current gen game hasn't even released yet. people need to keep their expectations in check.

Iacobellis

Read OP. OP says exclusive. Call of Duty is not exclusive, nor are any of these.

It says "third party" and "exclusive". I don't see FIFA being described as a holiday release, it comes out in September. Minecraft doesn't make sense because it wouldn't be a new release. Call of Duty is one of the biggest franchises in the world, and I think Microsoft wants to do all they can to keep the US marketshare they earned with the 360.

"Exclusive" could just be thrown around loosely, Call of Duty is basically an Xbox game right now. All of the marketing and DLC for the series is based around Xbox.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
That desperate Microsoft cash. Hilarious if its Fifa since theyre not even releasing Europe-wide in 2013. EA: sure we'll take that 200 million dollars, why not eh.

Carroway

Considering How big a Success FIFA is for EA, on playstation consoles. I can't even fathom the amount of money Microsoft would pump into EA, for making it platform exclusive, maybe Next gen exclusive. But Not take away PS3 or 360 sales. That would hurt EA in the long run and i am sure they thought about the same things aswell.

iMax

For people who say CoD, Battlefield, deadrising 3 or other M-rated games. No... They aren't going to pack in a game that can't be played by children/teens, because that would mean they couldn't sell the xbox1 to a lot of people.

Might be something in this actually, as the MCV article alludes that it'll be available as an optional bundle for the same price, i.e. not included in every Xbox One, which could suggest an adult rated game.

Man that would be a huge advantage for Microsoft over Sony if they bundled Fifa in for free. That game sells like hot cake there and they must have money hated EA a fuck ton of money if true.

If it's FIFA then it's not an exclusive acquisition, it's probably just a platform exclusive bundle.

If it's not FIFA then it'll be a third party exclusive that's currently unannounced.

RulkezX

This is also only for the countries that got the delay, right ?

So the Tier 1 countries wouldn't get it.

If MCV says it's Fifa I would tend to believe that.

The same MCV that said that the UK sold out its entire WiiU allocation day 1 and you couldn't get one anywhere ?

Top Bottom