• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0: Phantom Liberty | PC/Console Performance|Screenshots

I've been getting some bugs evrr since 2.01. Occassionally rival factions don't fight each other. They're just standing side by side. Multiple instances of NPCs clipping through geometry too.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's been a strange switching between standard Ultra ad Overdrive RT... I've been finding myself liking Ultra non-rt mode more recently. It's more stable in motion and less grainy.
Also, some scenes seem a bit weirdly lit with RT overdrive. Let me explain with shots below.

Scene 1, OD. Car interiors are sometimes way too dark and exteriors get very overblown. only at some angles but still. It's weird
buzRp39.jpg

This is how it looks just with Ultra raster
gqf3dzu.jpg

Scene 2 OD. I like the color light bounce but I think the car is more "planted" in raster mode with how dark the camera side is. but this scene is good in both
mzUZhV9.jpg

Ultra, raster
kMkhOMS.jpg

Scene 3, OD - floaty car, funky water reflection, a bit funky interior.
Slvgoig.jpg

And now the Standard Ultra raster. Car looks like it sits ont he ground, wreckage in the corner is a bit more contrasty, interior lighting makes a bit more sense in daylight.
8rg3FDp.jpg

Consider all that + huge performance boost of just playing in raster? not bad. Game runs much better than on release now. You can pump out 4k with dlss on raster and have very nice, clean stable image

Last edited:

Alex11

It's been a strange switching between standard Ultra ad Overdrive RT... I've been finding myself liking Ultra non-rt mode more recently. It's more stable in motion and less grainy.
Also, some scenes seem a bit weirdly lit with RT overdrive. Let me explain with shots below.

Scene 1, OD. Car interiors are sometimes way too dark and exteriors get very overblown. only at some angles but still. It's weird
buzRp39.jpg

gqf3dzu.jpg

Scene 2 OD. I like the color light bounce but I think the car is more "planted" in raster mode with how dark the camera side is. but this scene is good in both
mzUZhV9.jpg

Ultra, raster
kMkhOMS.jpg

Slvgoig.jpg

And now the Standard Ultra raster. Car looks like it sits ont he ground, wreckage in the corner is a bit more contrasty, interior lighting makes a bit more sense in daylight.
8rg3FDp.jpg

Consider all that + huge performance boost of just playing in raster? not bad. Game runs much better than on release now. You can pump out 4k with dlss on raster and have very nice, clean stable image
Yeah, in scene 1, that's one of the things I don't like about OD, the overblown contrast between dark and light, it's probably something to simulate the way your eyes adjust, like when exiting a dark tunnel, but it's a bit too much.

Scenes 2 and 3, imo there's no contest, it's more natural with OD, the light bounce, color, shadows, yeah the reflections don't align sometimes, but I think it's mostly because there's no interaction between the object and the scene, the placement.

Other than that, yeah, it's more noisy, there's ghosting, bugs, it's not perfect, I think that's for everyone to consider what are they willing to sacrifice for better visuals.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yeah, in scene 1, that's one of the things I don't like about OD, the overblown contrast between dark and light, it's probably something to simulate the way your eyes adjust, like when exiting a dark tunnel, but it's a bit too much.

Scenes 2 and 3, imo there's no contest, it's more natural with OD, the light bounce, color, shadows, yeah the reflections don't align sometimes, but I think it's mostly because there's no interaction between the object and the scene, the placement.

Other than that, yeah, it's more noisy, there's ghosting, bugs, it's not perfect, I think that's for everyone to consider what are they willing to sacrifice for better visuals.
I mean it's 4 vs 60fps difference for me too, so I am a bit biased :p
I can get OD mode to 40fps with 1440p though but looks soft and noisy af.

The way some devs are doing "eyes adjust" is kinda not needed since we have HDR. These shots were taken with HDR. And it works correctly without RT, so maybe something is bugged
edit: shots taken with HDR using windows gamebar, so it creates tonempped png and .jxr file, so the comparison is still fair

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I can get OD mode to 40fps with 1440p though but loos soft af.

The way some devs are doing "eyes adjust" is kinda not needed since we have HDR. These shots were taken with HDR. And it works correctly without RT, so maybe something is bugged
Turn off rtgi, shadows and sun shadows and only use rt reflections. They make the biggest difference.

4k 60 fps dlss performance with rt reflections and some other settings toned down should be possible.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Turn off rtgi, shadows and sun shadows and only use rt reflections. They make the biggest difference.

4k 60 fps dlss performance with rt reflections and some other settings toned down should be possible.
yes, I've checked. Without OD, all toggle RT settings barely do anything. Only reflection is actually visible and rt AO destroys performance (less than path tracing but still).

It's a big shame you can't enable Ray Reconstruction just for RT reflections.
I would be perfectly happy playing this full raster + RT reflections with ray reconstruction. 4k, dlss balanced is near 60fps. I am cpu limited, so even when I use "steam deck" preset, I get 80fps max.

Alex11

I can get OD mode to 40fps with 1440p though but looks soft and noisy af.

edit: shots taken with HDR using windows gamebar, so it creates tonempped png and .jxr file, so the comparison is still fair
Yeah, I would be too, lol, think it's natural.

Don't know, I'm playing without HDR, as Windows HDR is weird and it still produces some overblown light, but not so much as you.

Bojji

yes, I've checked. Without OD, all toggle RT settings barely do anything. Only reflection is actually visible and rt AO destroys performance (less than path tracing but still).

I would be perfectly happy playing this full raster + RT reflections with ray reconstruction. 4k, dlss balanced is near 60fps. I am cpu limited, so even when I use "steam deck" preset, I get 80fps max.

You can enable RR with normal RT:

SlimySnake

alfred-pennyworth-batman.gif

whenever I turn off rt lighting I go like, "damn I don't want to miss out on this"

im not even cherry picking
look you and i cant do 60 fps RTGI medium without dropping resolution on top of using dlss upscaling. I think the difference in performance (roughly 40% just isnt worth it. i tried capping it to 40 but it feels janky like i said earlier.

SlimySnake

Did you guys try the PS5 settings released by Digital Foundry? I got 114 average using PS5 Performance settings, and 69 fps using PS5 quality settings. Using 3080. Basically confirming that the 3080 is roughly 2x more powerful in standard rasterization and a bit more when you turn RT on. I was actually able to get all RT effects turned on with RTGI at medium and got 54 fps. Game doesnt look that great without RT reflections so I would not recommend using PS settings on PC.

Figured that ray reconstruction hack would get me close to 60 fps but nope, cost me 4 fps instead. its clearly not ready for release yet. i get 10% more performance when turning on RR in path tracing.

I was able to get path tracing to run at around 30 fps in 4k dlss performance mode. very proud of that lol. sadly it drops to 26 fps at times and i have to set most settings to medium or low to get close to 30 fps in problem areas. the benchmark gave me 35 fps average but the game has some severe dips in wet conditions at night in some areas like this one below. 54 fps with medium rtgi, reflections and shadows, 31 with path tracing with drops to 26 fps when you down the underpass.

F79UgR3WEAATwg7

F79UgR5WUAEKft2

I am so close to either 4k 60 fps in standard rt or 4k 30 in path tracing. just need that extra 3 fps or 10% more performance. really wish i had kept that 12 gb 3080. it gave me a flat 3 fps increase in every game lol. 3080 ti wouldve been good enough too. changing settings dont make a big difference with path tracing on since a lot of the stuff like reflections and AO is turned off i believe.

SlimySnake

Just tried the steam deck preset and got 100 fps average in the benchmark. All rt effects turned off at 4k dlss balanced. what CPU do you have?

The local shadows and sun shadows rt settings are very cheap so i just turn them on along with rt reflections and stick with dlss performance at 4k to get a locked 60 fps at all times. dlss balanced has some framedrops and i really hate this game's jerky feeling nature so id rather have a locked framerate at all times. i dont think the game has a RTAO setting.

Difference between RT psycho and RT medium lighting isnt that great. you lose 8 fps and gain what exactly?

F7-A_OKXkAEihM3

F7-A_OKW8AAr3le

hlm666

Figured that ray reconstruction hack would get me close to 60 fps but nope, cost me 4 fps instead. its clearly not ready for release yet. i get 10% more performance when turning on RR in path tracing.
RR is not designed to increase performance, it's to increase image quality of ray tracing. The reason you get a bump in overdrive is because it's replacing multiple denoisers, when your using it just for reflections your replcaing less denoisers. Just say it costs 4ms, in overdrive your replacing say 2 denoisers costing 2.5ms each. This scenario has saved you 1ms, now when you turn it on for 1 effect using 1 denoiser your costing yourself an extra 1.5ms.

Those numbers are totally made up but that is what is happening.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Just tried the steam deck preset and got 100 fps average in the benchmark. All rt effects turned off at 4k dlss balanced. what CPU do you have?

The local shadows and sun shadows rt settings are very cheap so i just turn them on along with rt reflections and stick with dlss performance at 4k to get a locked 60 fps at all times. dlss balanced has some framedrops and i really hate this game's jerky feeling nature so id rather have a locked framerate at all times. i dont think the game has a RTAO setting.

Difference between RT psycho and RT medium lighting isnt that great. you lose 8 fps and gain what exactly?

F7-A_OKXkAEihM3

F7-A_OKW8AAr3le
Psycho RT just adds 1 bounce lighting to the sun light. So you will not see a difference in night time lighting compared to medium. When its daytime you can see the sunlight bounce in half lit areas where the sun is shining on some areas.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

F7-A_OKXkAEihM3

F7-A_OKW8AAr3le
3700x. No matter what I do it caps around 83fps. Even lowest 720p with ultra performance dlss, so 144p :p

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

buzRp39.jpg

Ultra, raster

And now the Standard Ultra raster. Car looks like it sits ont he ground, wreckage in the corner is a bit more contrasty, interior lighting makes a bit more sense in daylight

This happens to me to. I suspect they may fix it or its a result of HDR. I turned it off because the screenshots were too big in a proprietary nvidia format but I'm also certian CDPR may know about this. I hope.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

Yeah, it's been known that turning on ray reconstruction without path tracing has a slight performance cost on 30 series cards at the very least. Not sure about 40 series, haven't tried it there. It's still not officially supported. I assume it'll also be lower on 40 series because the denoisers with regular RT are less performance-intensive than with PT so you're basically enabling denoising meant to offset the massive cost of PT but for RT where there's much less denoising to do. This is also probably the best way to play the game. For all the good path tracing does, it shits on the image quality when used in conjunction with ray reconstruction. Too much ghosting and smearing.

Did you guys try the PS5 settings released by Digital Foundry? I got 114 average using PS5 Performance settings, and 69 fps using PS5 quality settings. Using 3080. Basically confirming that the 3080 is roughly 2x more powerful in standard rasterization and a bit more when you turn RT on. I was actually able to get all RT effects turned on with RTGI at medium and got 54 fps. Game doesnt look that great without RT reflections so I would not recommend using PS settings on PC.

The consoles have an fps cap though. The 3080 isn't 2x as fast as the PS5's GPU in rasterization. More like 70-80%. You need a 3090 to get around twice the rasterization performance of a PS5.

Last edited:

Exentryk

I'm using a 3080 (10 GB) and playing at 4k with ray tracing. Seems like the game is capping the VRAM because every time I open the map or menu screen, the game comes to a halt for a few seconds. I've reduced the shadow stuff to low but it's not helping much.

Maybe I'll try turning off ray tracing (or just use reflections).

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I'm using a 3080 (10 GB) and playing at 4k with ray tracing. Seems like the game is capping the VRAM because every time I open the map or menu screen, the game comes to a halt for a few seconds. I've reduced the shadow stuff to low but it's not helping much.

yeah that's vram. Same here on my 3080.
Without RT or with lower res, it's ok

SlimySnake

The consoles have an fps cap though. The 3080 isn't 2x as fast as the PS5's GPU in rasterization. More like 70-80%. You need a 3090 to get around twice the rasterization performance of a PS5.
Right, but consoles also have drs and regularly drop frames below 60 fps. That said, they might also be CPU bound so who knows. I was very surprised by my 3080 results. I have created a pretty decent system with nothing bottlenecking each other. I guess that 10 GB is the bottleneck and i shouldve never returned the 12GB card. But it was crashing a lot in the Matrix demo and RDR2 so I freaked out and returned it.

BTW., Every PC game needs console optimized settings. Thats a great little DF initiative.

It's a bug introduced by Patch 2.0. I never had this in vanilla Cyberpunk.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Right, but consoles also have drs and regularly drop frames below 60 fps. That said, they might also be CPU bound so who knows. I was very surprised by my 3080 results. I have created a pretty decent system with nothing bottlenecking each other. I guess that 10 GB is the bottleneck and i shouldve never returned the 12GB card. But it was crashing a lot in the Matrix demo and RDR2 so I freaked out and returned it.
Seems Cyberpunk is underperforming a bit on consoles in that case. The 3080 is roughly 60-70% faster than a 2080 so it should be around 70-80% than the consoles which tends to perform a tad bit worse, VRAM bottlenecks notwithstanding.
BTW., Every PC game needs console optimized settings. Thats a great little DF initiative.
Yeah, surprised Sony stopped doing that. GOW and Horizon had an "original" preset which was just PS4 Pro settings. I wish they did that with PS5 games too.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Seems Cyberpunk is underperforming a bit on consoles in that case. The 3080 is roughly 60-70% faster than a 2080 so it should be around 70-80% than the consoles which tends to perform a tad bit worse, VRAM bottlenecks notwithstanding.

Yeah, surprised Sony stopped doing that. GOW and Horizon had an "original" preset which was just PS4 Pro settings. I wish they did that with PS5 games too.
Maybe they stopped doing so because there was barely any difference between original and ultra.
But yeah, that's a great idea. Original at least wouldn't make you feel like playing on low or medium which it otherwise would be

yamaci17

It's a bug introduced by Patch 2.0. I never had this in vanilla Cyberpunk.
nice, console settings are not so bad

turns out crowd density is heavy on vram. turning it to med like ps5 on performance mode allowed more stability

here's my go at 1440p dlss balanced psycho rt lighting + reflections

it stutters when I shoot rounds or special effects but its not obsctructing my enjoyment or gameplay capabilities. no idea why it hard stutters still but it is matched with gun animation so it is not affecting actual gameplay (aiming or moving around)

other than that lock to a 40 most of the time, in dogtown center (heaviest open world section in dlc probably)

it looks preem on my end but encoding quality is horrible sorry

SlimySnake

Maybe they stopped doing so because there was barely any difference between original and ultra.
But yeah, that's a great idea. Original at least wouldn't make you feel like playing on low or medium which it otherwise would be
Horizon and GOW were using PS4 presets too so yeah, those 2017 and 2018 games were likely using low to medium settings. Ratchet, Spiderman, and Returnal should all have PS5 presets which are typically equivalent to high settings. Even Cyberpunk's quality mode is mostly all high settings.

F8AbgRzXkAA0NIy
F8AbgR0WAAA6UaW

Cyberpunk seems to favor nvidia GPUs but only at 1440p and 4k with RT off. so not sure whats going on or if it would impact the ps5 performance mode which is 1800p dlss quality so 1296p.

4K_Ultra.png

nice, console settings are not so bad

turns out crowd density is heavy on vram. turning it to med like ps5 on performance mode allowed more stability

here's my go at 1440p dlss balanced psycho rt lighting + reflections

it stutters when I shoot rounds or special effects but its not obsctructing my enjoyment or gameplay capabilities. no idea why it hard stutters still but it is matched with gun animation so it is not affecting actual gameplay (aiming or moving around)

other than that lock to a 40 most of the time, in dogtown center (heaviest open world section in dlc probably)

it looks preem on my end but encoding quality is horrible sorry

lol what class is that? looks fun.

And yeah, i have the same stutter/jitteriness whenever my combat starts which is why i am sacrificing a lot of GPU power just to get a 60 fps locked at all times. the game's combat just feels wrong. i have no such issues in starfield even when i drop below 60 fps.

yamaci17

Horizon and GOW were using PS4 presets too so yeah, those 2017 and 2018 games were likely using low to medium settings. Ratchet, Spiderman, and Returnal should all have PS5 presets which are typically equivalent to high settings. Even Cyberpunk's quality mode is mostly all high settings.

Cyberpunk seems to favor nvidia GPUs but only at 1440p and 4k with RT off. so not sure whats going on or if it would impact the ps5 performance mode which is 1800p dlss quality so 1296p.

lol what class is that? looks fun.

And yeah, i have the same stutter/jitteriness whenever my combat starts which is why i am sacrificing a lot of GPU power just to get a 60 fps locked at all times. the game's combat just feels wrong. i have no such issues in starfield even when i drop below 60 fps.

at least cyberpunk is genorous with using available vram budget:

Cyberpunk2077_1696695030_19-10-30-518.png

as a matter of fact, cyberpunk not only fills the dxgi budget all the time, it can also get above it (at times). as long as you're not SUPER overloaded, you still get stable frametimes most of the time

forspoken is quite the opposite for example;

image.png

despite dxgi budget being available, it swaps to n64 textures :messenger_tears_of_joy: its not even using the budget. their engine is probably whacked. I personally prefer frame drops here and there to this mess

back to the topic, this is what my build looks like

Dynalar sandevistan (any sandevistan would do really, it leverages combat against very hard enemies)

projectile launch system (don't remember this being a thing at launch?) it's fun to use and very powerful (even more powerful with relic upgrades)

blood pump (combo with adrenaline skills, makes you almost invulnerable like, makes all other health items redundant)

Kerenzikov + Kerenzikov boost system (slowmo when you dash while aiming to precisely hit weakpoints or headshots)

Weapons are usually tech weapons such as The order, Laika and or Widowmaker

Topher

Gold Member
The number of twin NPCs in this game is a bit over the top. I imagine they are meant to be spread out all over the city, but I'm constantly finding them right next to each other. I'm counting 15 dupes in this one screenshot.

F5gBMNL.jpg

yamaci17

The number of twin NPCs in this game is a bit over the top. I imagine they are meant to be spread out all over the city, but I'm constantly finding them right next to each other. I'm counting 15 dupes in this one screenshot.

F5gBMNL.jpg
what's your hdd mode setting at? maybe it is on auto and defaulted to on for some reason? I don't see a lot of duplicates but that setting implies that if you use HDD mode, the game renders more duplicate NPCs

I have waited 3 years to finally play Cyberpunk and it is hands down the best game I've played since Elden Ring. No open world game set in a contemporary society has been as well designed as Cyberpunk. Very little of the game feels copy and pasted as even the side gigs have great variety of locations. And I can't think of another open world game that has this many interiors. The most surprising aspect is how solid the combat is. It all feels incredibly satisfying. And it wasn't until I was about 50 hours in that I even attempted melee combat, which is phenomenal. It's the first game CDPR developed in first person and they knocked the combat out of the park

yamaci17

I love my V
and goodbye dogtown. I will both miss you and not miss you.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

drew me like one of your french girls... (literally french costume)

manlisten

Game crashes whenever I change any setting, anybody else dealing with this? Saw a bunch of topics about this online that go back to pre-2.0 but no real fix.

Tried removing all mods, completely deleted my install folder and reinstalled clean, no luck.

It’s to the point where I get paranoid when I change settings in other games. I’m shellshocked, man.

Edit: Turned out disabling GOG overlay fixed it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom