• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0: Phantom Liberty | PC/Console Performance|Screenshots

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
cp2077_ep1_phl_concephieiz.png

Phantom Liberty Release Date:
September 26, 2023

Platforms:
PC | PlayStation 5 | Xbox Series X|S
  • PC - Sept 26,1 AM CEST
  • PS5 and Xbox Series X - Sept 26, 12 AM local time
2.0 Patch Notes

2.0 Patch
On September 21st, you can experience DLSS 3.5 and Ray Reconstruction in Cyberpunk 2077’s Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode. DLSS 3.5 makes your games even more beautiful, immersive and realistic, and is available for all GeForce RTX users. And on September 26th, Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty will be available for you to jump back once more into Night City, with full ray tracing and DLSS 3.5.

A table of the system requirements to play Cyberpunk 2077 with and without ray tracing enabled.

Non ray tracing requirements:
Minimum: In-game graphics preset low. Resolution: 1080p. Expected FPS: 30. OS: 64-bit Windows 10. Processor: Core i7-6700 or Ryzen 5 1600. Graphics card: Geforce GTX 1060 6GB or Radeon RX 580 8GB or Arc A380. Vram: 6 GB. Ram: 12GB. Storage: 70 GB SSD.
Recommended: In-game graphics preset: high. Resolution: 1080p. Expected FPS: 60. OS 64-bit Windows 10. Processor: Core i7-12700 or Ryzen 7 7800X3D. Graphics card: Geforce RTX 2060 Super or Radeon RX 5700 XT or Arc A770. Vram: 8 GB. Ram: 16 GB. Storage: 70 GB SSD.
Ultra: In-game graphics preset: ultra. Resolution: 2160p. Expected FPS: 60. OS: 64-bit Windows 10. Processor: Core i9-12900 or Ryzen 9 7900X. Graphics card: Geforce RTX 3080 or Radeon RX 7900 XTX. Vram: 12 GB. Ram: 20 GB. Storage: 70 GB NVME.

Ray tracing requirements:
Ray tracing minimum: In-game graphics preset: ray tracing low. Resolution: 1080p. Expected FPS: 30. OS: 64-bit Windows 10. Processor: Core i7-9700 or Ryzen 5 5600. Graphics card: Geforce RTX 2060 or Radeon RX 6800 XT or Arc A750. Vram: 8 GB. Ram: 16 GB. Storage: 70 GB SSD.
Ray tracing recommended: In-game graphics preset: ray tracing ultra. Resolution: 1080p. Expected FPS: 60. OS: 64-bit Windows 10. Processor: Core i9-12900 or Ryzen 9 7900X. Graphics card: Geforce RTX 3080Ti or Radeon RX 7900 XTX. Vram: 12 GB. Ram: 20 GB. Storage: 70 GB NVME.
Ray tracing Overdrive: In-game graphics preset: ray tracing overdrive. Resolution: 2160p. Expected FPS: 60. OS: 64-bit Windows 10. Processor: Core i9-12900 or Ryzen 9 7900X. Graphics card: Geforce RTX 4080. Vram: 16 GB. Ram: 24 GB. Storage: 70 GB NVME.

Additional information:
Ray tracing Overdrive was measured with DLSS Frame Generation switched on.
PC Audio Solution containing Dolby Atmos required for a Dolby Atmos experience.

e4fde54e7fcfca001f98ag4coy.jpg

dlss-3-5-geforce-rtx-gpu-support.jpg

DRIVERS:
NVIDIA - 537.34 (09/20/2023)
AMD - 23.9.2 (09/20/2023)
INTEL- 31.0.101.4826 (09/21/2023)

SOURCE

screenshot2023-09-201pwfc0.jpg

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

I just ran some benchmarks to figure out how I'm going to play when 2.0 releases. I'd like to stay out of the settings as much as possible.

I don't think Path Tracing is worth the performance hit. This game also has a ridiculous amount of latency, which feels bad.

3840x1600
DLSS - Quality
Frame Generation On
7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5, Gen 4 WD Black SN850X SSD

Max Settings / Ray Tracing Psycho
BF4ADIE.jpg

Max Settings / Path Tracing
lsvy4N1.jpg
Interesting since I ran the same test and this is what I got with the the same settings (maxed/PT).

cyberpunk2077screenshbzi15.png

Same settings with just Psycho RT maxed

cyberpunk2077screenshw8fz1.png

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
lol at the CPU requirement.
Would be very interesting to see how it runs on ps5/ series X

LiquidMetal14

Never have I been more burned by playing a game at launch.
This game is forever ruined for me. I can't get excited for all this new stuff because of it.
If we judged everyone and everything like this then we would never forgive anything.

I believe in putting in the work to make things right. Hello Games did this and CDPR has done so even prior to this patch. It hasn't fixed some of the core issues which subjectively it deserved to be panned for but it has certainly made up a lot in other ways and continues to do so.

LiquidMetal14

You're at a higher vertical resolution as well, but DLSS is on Auto instead of Quality. That could have something to do with the difference.
You're right!

My settings got reset and didn't even pay attention to that. Will come back tomorrow as I have an early call (5am fml).

This actually isn't the first time that setting changed back to auto.

nikos

You're right!

My settings got reset and didn't even pay attention to that. Will come back tomorrow as I have an early call (5am fml).

This actually isn't the first time that setting changed back to auto.

I just ran it at Auto and got results that make sense in relation to yours. The difference probably had to do with that, the resolution and other random variables such as chip quality.

LiquidMetal14

I just ran it at Auto and got results that make sense in relation to yours. The difference probably had to do with that, the resolution and other random variables such as chip quality.
Share those if you get a chance. Just to reference and compare given we share identical HW, minus vendors.

I'll go back and rerun after work tomorrow.

drotahorror

Yeah I'm going to wait til 4080 prices drop in a year or 2 or get 5xxx series and build a new PC before I play this.

It looks so much better with pathtracing that I can't accept not playin it like that. And honestly, 2fps isn't going to cut it.

Freeman76

I wish you could turn RT off on consoles. Its so bad in this game. I get ghosting when driving, surfaces look awful. Its so bad I thought something was wrong with my TV but its the only game that looks like it. Im on series X and have a S95b Oled.

lefty1117

Gold Member
so per their requirements I should be able to play RT Overdrive at 60 fps, but I'll be playing in 1440p so should be higher. Sounds great can't wait let's gooooooo

GymWolf

Do we know if dlss 3.5 get release with the 2.0 patch, the dlc or by nvidia with new drivers?

Hopefully it's the former.

Edit: yep it's out with the patch, nice.

Last edited:
On the benchmark getting about a 4fps increase with overdrive on a 4070ti after the update.

Edit: hold up, forgot ray reconstruction had to be toggled on.

Okay, original overdrive, 57fps
Updated without RR, 61
With RR, 65.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I can't play the game until tonight, so what are the first opinions on dlss 3,5? Saviour of framerates or not?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I can't play the game until tonight, so what are the first opinions on dlss 3,5? Saviour of framerates or not?
DLSS 3.5 fixes issues with noisy RT reflections and artifacts generated by DLSS upscaling. it does not improve framerate. maybe 2-3% but thats it. The main improvement is them fixing the upscaling issues DF and other DLSS defenders like to pretend never existed.

Basically the same story as DLSS 1.0 vs DLSS 2.0. DLSS 1.0 was the greatest thing since sliced bread until DLSS 2 came out and showed just how awful it was in comparison. DLSS 3.5 does the same but only for RT effects.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Need some console graphical data. Hope it copes well, although this game truly shines on PC.

Last edited:

GymWolf

DLSS 3.5 fixes issues with noisy RT reflections and artifacts generated by DLSS upscaling. it does not improve framerate. maybe 2-3% but thats it. The main improvement is them fixing the upscaling issues DF and other DLSS defenders like to pretend never existed.

Basically the same story as DLSS 1.0 vs DLSS 2.0. DLSS 1.0 was the greatest thing since sliced bread until DLSS 2 came out and showed just how awful it was in comparison. DLSS 3.5 does the same but only for RT effects.
Well shit, now overdrive mode really is off the table.

Yesterday with the game maxed out except some stupid shit with no visual difference, i was getting between 47 and 85 frames depend on the location.

The ingame benchmark is dogshit tho, it was locked 60 the entire time.

Managed to get around 55fps with path tracing on in the benchmark tool at 1440p with my 3080. Most settings medium or high, DLSS performance.

I may just drop resolution to 1080p and upscale to quality to see if that makes a difference. If I can hit 60+ I’ll leave PT on but otherwise I’ll use normal ray tracing and go from there.

It does seem very well optimised though which is good!

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
3.5's main benefit isn't performance, it's a new AI denoiser that replaces the old ReSTIR method when playing with Overdrive Raytracing.

My quick impression is that it makes a big difference; it's game-changing actually. Path-traced Cyberpunk always looked great, but there was a lot of noise and instability in dark shadowed areas, as well as a lag with dynamic lighting, and other areas where the image would looks a little mushy. DLSS3.5 changes all that, everything works perfectly. It's frankly the most graphically impressive game I have ever seen.

Peformance is fantastic on my 4070Ti thanks to frame generation, everything runs silky smooth.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Something's off certain textures look blurry, low res. the board above and the spikes especially look bad, not sure if pre-patch looked the same, been a year or so since I played.

NO RT/PT, NO RR

JVyLFN4.jpg

RT PSYCHO, NO RR

4k7kHuy.jpg

PT NO RR
YXV2TO8.jpg

PT RR

L7VAu5C.jpg

better comparison here between PT RR OFF vs PT RR ON, i disabled sharpening. Looks like they apply some extra sharpnes to certain parts and less to other stuff?

You can tell by the buildings in the distance or the close wall.

Last edited:
Top Bottom