• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daigasso! Band Brothers P |Import Discussion| Project Iwatoid P

Yeah, tomatoes expire. They last 5 months as shown here:

bad.png
(this image is named "bad.png" on the official site which is kinda cute)

The online song listing is a million times easier to navigate for sure, so definitely use that. Finding the song you want using that and then entering the code to locate it in-game is what I've found to be best.

Zornica

Banned
Just got my used copy in the mail. Fortunately it still had the code, which also still worked! And apparently the tomatoes expire? Anyway, is there any place that has a good list of downloadable songs? Searching in game can be a little slow. Anime songs also seem to be kind of spotty, though I was pleased to find a little pillows and Tokyo Jihen!

http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/release/newRelease/
there's also the wiki if you're looking for something in particular
http://wikiwiki.jp/bandbrosp/

having the worst ranked song in the entire game gotta be hard... Not a single download apparently
poor guy
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/55150
The song isn't even bad actually...

btw: We should play again soon
(I also feel pretty confident about Culdcept by now)

edit: this happens everytime when there's a new page -_-

Spikey

Neo Member
So as I'm sure those with the game, and thus Japanese 3DSs, have become aware that there was a PuzzleSwap puzzle released for this game recently. And if history has proved anything, it's that games with puzzles generally end up with a localization(I really didn't expect Rusty's Real Deal Baseball to be a thing). So there is now a high probability this game will be leaving Japan! Obviously nothing is confirmed or for certain, but there's reasonable hope for such a thing now. :)

Well, uh, I guess Western 3DSs will need something to play between Codename STEAM and MonHun 4U... and... uh... Detective Pikachu? Wouldn't be too surprising if Nintendo were to look at one of the few first party games that has yet to come over.

I'd be totally on-board, though.

sorry to double post but whoa what the fuck is going on

customizable outfits, proper karaoke mode, retooled menus... what else?

oh free tomatoes for playing with friends neat

also what in the world is this fan system

edit: Huh, it seems that "fans" are a new leveling system in the game that lets you unlock new outfits and stuff. Neat.

Zornica

Banned
tumblr_mdzyelvzWQ1qgcpoz.gif

omg. so it's going to look like the original oO
To bad, I kinda liked the interface with the island and the muted radio in the back.
And they finally gave "recording" its own button...

I guess that's what you'd call a relaunch ;)

I'm glad they're doing it, although following sep. 17th it's going to get harder for us to play as I'm moving into an even more inconvenient time zone...

Okay, tried out version 2.0, basically what's new is:

Fan System: For scoring well in a song (80+), you gain fans, the number of which are dependent upon your difficulty. After reaching certain numbers of fans, you unlock new customization parts. Note that for each song, it only keeps the maximum number of fans you've acquired in a single performance, so you can't, like, grind the same song over and over. Each song has a limited number of fans you can gain from it.

Artist Customization: Making your artist look how you want is a hell of a lot easier now. In addition to being able to quickly take new photos, change names, change gender, etc, all the face options from the base game are selectable right off the bat, and more can be unlocked. Additionally, you can unlock new outfits (with customizable color).

Karaoke Mode: Remember how dumb it was that you had to re-record a song to do karaoke mode? Well now you don't have to do that anymore.

New Menus: Bid farewell to Kyockefeller Center & co. The new main menu lets you get to the important stuff a lot faster. Plus, the shopping section of the radio is way more organized.

And there are some other changes too like being able to get to practice mode from the instrument select menu and having the ability to hide songs from your song list. But... I think that about covers it? Though there might be other minor stuff I'm missing.

oh also still no random button for single player nintendo please

Zornica

Banned
charged yet?

anyone interested in earning some tomatoes tonight?
btw. where did you get that from? I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere...

Can anyone point me in the direction of some menu translations? Preferably of the new version... Google translate is struggling to pick up the text in the menus for some reason :\ Had a look on Google but couldn't find anything

anyone interested in earning some tomatoes tonight?
btw. where did you get that from? I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere...

I'm dumb and it's not for playing, but for getting people to download the free "Band Bros P Debut" app. So hit up people in the new JP 3DS thread up if you want to get some free tomatoes, heh. Details, including how to get them the app, are on this page. It seems that Band Bros P Debut lets you play and download songs, but not do any of the creation stuff.

And sorry for not responding sooner, I've been moving, but I'm pretty much settled now if anyone's down to play.

Shurayuki

~~~
For the owner of BandBros.P

1. Update BandBros.P to version 2.0
  2. In the main menu, access the tomato shop while holding the L button
  3. The bottom screen will display ten 16 digit codes after connecting to the internet
  4. Give one of the codes to your friend (the code will not work anymore after it is redeemed)
[Important Points]
* For the promotional codes to show up you need to have redeemed the 100 free tomatoes included with the full version of the game. After redeeming the free tomatoes it will take approximately 1 week until the promotional codes will be displayed for you, so please make sure to redeem the tomatoes in time for the campaign.
* Please redeem your free 100 tomatoes before January 12, 2015 23:59 [JST]. If you miss this date the promotional codes will not show up for you.
* Promotional codes can be displayed even of the user has redeemed the tomatoes before upgrading to version 2.0.
* The promotional codes will be displayed until January 31, 2015 23:59 [JST]. Regardless of the time the codes have been requested, they can also only be redeemed until January 31, 2015 23:59 [JST],
* Please refrain from actions like posting the promotional codes in places where many people can see them, such as miiverse, and giving them to people you don't know, as it may cause problems.

For the user who downloads BandBros.P Debut

Put in the code you received into the software retrieval section [ソフトの引換] of the eShop to download BandBros.P Debut for free.

[Important Points]
* Regardless of the time the codes have been requested, they will expire on January 31, 2015 23:59 [JST],
* Access to the recording feature in BandBros.P Debut costs 15 tomatoes.
* Since BandBros.P and BandBros.P Debut use the same save data, you can use your purchased tomatoes and downloaded music if you activate them on the same 3DS system.

About the 10 tomatoes
* The campaign runs until January 31, 2015 23:59 [JST].
* If a code that was issued by an owner of BandBros.P is used within the time frame of the campaign, one tomato will be granted to the user.
* After a code is redeemed, the tomatoe will be granted to the user within the first 10 days of the following month, starting October, 2014.
~~~

Preset songs in the debut version are: 「STARLIGHT」(not changed) 「Super Mario Bros. BandBros. Edition」 「Eine Kleine Nachtmusik」 「Russian Dance (from 'The Nutcracker')」

Registration of BandBros.P Debut doesn't include any of the in-game currency 'tomato', it has to be purchased separately.

Zornica

Banned

so basically January 31, 2015 23:59 [JST], got it

any idea what would happen if I'd use one of my own codes? would I be able to download it? If I could do that, it would be like havin a digital copy.
question is, would I still be able to use all the songs I bought?

kubus

I got a trial code from Zornica and shavldlbsbsbsja as soon as I entered the song shop and saw RUN!RUN!RUN! in there I was aready sold on this game.

Is there some sort of option to upgrade to the full version from the trial? Or does this version have all the features from the normal game but without the 100 tomatos?

I'm sad the vocaloid stuff is locked out :( need to buy tomatos to access it but I've never purchased something from the Japanese eShop before. My boyfriend has a credit card I could borrow. The Japanese eshop accepts foreign (european) cards right?

I don't think you can upgrade directly from the trial, but you can just purchase the actual game from the eShop and everything should carry over. I haven't tried the trial myself, but I believe that all the composition parts are locked out. There might be other stuff locked out too, which would likely be indicated by the menu option being grayed out. I take it the trial doesn't give you any tomatoes, though?

And yeah, you can use a foreign credit card for the Japanese eShop, and you just purchase tomatoes from the store in the bottom left.

Shurayuki

so basically January 31, 2015 23:59 [JST], got it

any idea what would happen if I'd use one of my own codes? would I be able to download it? If I could do that, it would be like havin a digital copy.
question is, would I still be able to use all the songs I bought?

I'm passive aggressively correcting your "comes with 15 tomatoes" from the other thread, it doesn't come with any (says so on the code page) x.x

Well I'd wager it would work, Nintendo doesn't seem particularly good at discerning physical and digital registration.
Thing is of course if they found out (it would still be easy to tell because you'd have to have used the 100T on that account) if they wouldn't do the same thing or smth. similar...

As far as saves are concerned well games usually put saves on the cartridge, right? There's the backup thing that puts it on the SD card but who knows.

As far as saves are concerned well games usually put saves on the cartridge, right? There's the backup thing that puts it on the SD card but who knows.

The songs are all on the SD card so that part should work, at least. I'm not sure if all the user data is also saved to the SD card, though.

kubus

I don't think you can upgrade directly from the trial, but you can just purchase the actual game from the eShop and everything should carry over. I haven't tried the trial myself, but I believe that all the composition parts are locked out. There might be other stuff locked out too, which would likely be indicated by the menu option being grayed out. I take it the trial doesn't give you any tomatoes, though?

And yeah, you can use a foreign credit card for the Japanese eShop, and you just purchase tomatoes from the store in the bottom left.
Hmm yeah the composition part is greyed out in the menu and when I select it, it says it's not available in this version. I'm not too bothered by it though, I don't have the patience nor the time to mess with that stuff.

It seems everything else is available, except the Vocaloid stuff which is locked behind a Tomato-paywall. I might just buy some tomatos and stick with this version then...

One question though, have the prices changed at some point? I see that the prices listed in the OP don't match up with what the in-game prices say. It's 62 yen for one tomato, and 3086 yen for 75 in my game. Is that right? Or is there some sort of "trial version tax" being applied here :p

Thanks for the help so far!

Shurayuki

There's a 2ch thread for sharing promo codes here. Should we like, make a thread to share codes? If we all post ours it will make any thread look pretty shitty.
Might be something for people to look at when the N3DS releases and some import.

Post 19 recommends using one of the codes for yourself if you have a cartridge version and says that your songs work, so apart from the possible ramifications that's a thing that should work.

One question though, have the prices changed at some point? I see that the prices listed in the OP don't match up with what the in-game prices say. It's 62 yen for one tomato, and 3086 yen for 75 in my game. Is that right? Or is there some sort of "trial version tax" being applied here :p

Trial version tax no, consumption tax yes. The prices in the OP are without tax.

Preset songs in the debut version are: 「STARLIGHT」(not changed) 「Super Mario Bros. BandBros. Edition」 「Eine Kleine Nachtmusik」 「Russian Dance (from 'The Nutcracker')」

There's a 2ch thread for sharing promo codes here. Should we like, make a thread to share codes? If we all post ours it will make any thread look pretty shitty.
Might be something for people to look at when the N3DS releases and some import.

Making a thread would be a good way to give it more exposure for sure, I just worry about the fact that it applies to a small subset who have Japanese systems. Maybe something like a new OT for Band Bros P 2.0 + Debut? I'm just sorta seeing if people are interested in that one import 3DS thread, but a better way of saying "Hey everyone with an import system, get this cool game for free and play with GAF" would be nice.

Shurayuki

Making a thread would be a good way to give it more exposure for sure, I just worry about the fact that it applies to a small subset who have Japanese systems. Maybe something like a new OT for Band Bros P 2.0 + Debut? I'm just sorta seeing if people are interested in that one import 3DS thread, but a better way of saying "Hey everyone with an import system, get this cool game for free and play with GAF" would be nice.

I don't know, my idea is basically having the stupid wall-of-numbers posts locked away in another thread which makes it easy to refer to and gives you the opportunity to link to that post on twitter or something like that (I'm totally getting banned by Nintendo aren't I).
The link to the numbers thread could then be linked to in every import threat that springs up after the release, who cares if that stays inactive in community.

With a little update to the OP with fancy pictures with how it looks like, ditching this thread seems unnecessary?

kubus

Trial version tax no, consumption tax yes. The prices in the OP are without tax.

Ohh that actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

I don't know, my idea is basically having the stupid wall-of-numbers posts locked away in another thread which makes it easy to refer to and gives you the opportunity to link to that post on twitter or something like that (I'm totally getting banned by Nintendo aren't I).
The link to the numbers thread could then be linked to in every import threat that springs up after the release, who cares if that stays inactive in community.

With a little update to the OP with fancy pictures with how it looks like, ditching this thread seems unnecessary?

Ah, okay, I gotcha. So I'l just make a Band Bros P Debut code distribution thread or something and we can dump our codes in there. Cool, cool.

kubus

Why not make a public google doc or something and link that in the OP?

In my experience seperate code giveaway threads always die miserable deaths. We had one for the Tomodachi Life demo and it was quickly abandoned. Now, that game actually had a tiny bit of pre-release hype. The amount of people with a Japanese 3DS is even smaller.

Not saying you shouldn't open the thread, just a warning. If you do make the thread I'll try to keep it bumped :).

Slightly unrelated: I've been juggling the thought of opening a Japanese 3DS Import "community" OT as right now most discussion is being held in a random member's LttP thread. I think I'm gonna pitch the idea in the OT OT and see if it's okay with mods. If it goes through, that might also be a good place to share the codes :)

Yeah, I think an import 3DS OT is a good idea. Lots of people seem to be getting into it with Smash coming out. I'm just sorta dumping the code stuff in another thread because maybe it'll generate interest and it gets some clutter out of other threads, heh. It should be up in a min, hopefully.

edit: Actually before I make the thread: is there anything else that's missing in Debut that I should know about? Are any options locked out in multiplayer? Also, what happened to the free DX songs? I don't see them on the store anymore. And Debut doesn't come with tomatoes, I assume?

Zornica

Banned
[...]

Post 19 recommends using one of the codes for yourself if you have a cartridge version and says that your songs work, so apart from the possible ramifications that's a thing that should work.
[...]

maybe we should use each others code ^^ It wouldn't be as obvious that way. Or maybe I'm being paranoid, who knows

Slightly unrelated: I've been juggling the thought of opening a Japanese 3DS Import "community" OT as right now most discussion is being held in a random member's LttP thread. I think I'm gonna pitch the idea in the OT OT and see if it's okay with mods. If it goes through, that might also be a good place to share the codes :)
Yeah, I've been waiting for something like that to happen. Just call it Japanese 3DS OT | WE GOT FREE CANDY GAMES!
(or something like that

edit: Actually before I make the thread: is there anything else that's missing in Debut that I should know about? Are any options locked out in multiplayer? Also, what happened to the free DX songs? I don't see them on the store anymore. And Debut doesn't come with tomatoes, I assume?

just download it yourself and see ;)
(or as I said above, lets exchange codes :p

I generally have my cart on hand, so I think I'm good. If you want a code, I can hook you up, though. As long as it doesn't end up being bad news for me, lol. Do the ToS specifically say anything about stuff like this?

Zornica

Banned
I haven't seen any TOS...
But I also don't want to cause you any trouble. (I guess they'd revoke that tomato if they found out?)

I haven't seen any TOS...
But I also don't want to cause you any trouble. (I guess they'd revoke that tomato if they found out?)

Eh, doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with it. I can maybe see them not liking giving it to yourself because it specifies that you should give it to other people, but it shouldn't be a problem to give it to someone else, even if they have the game. I'll PM you a code. Let me know what you can and can't do in the Debut version.

in other news i hit one million fans and

what the fuck

Zornica

Banned
wtf... it's 4314 blocks!

I'm going to edit this post when I'm done downloading and a chance to try it out

seems pretty much fully featured.. the only thing missing is the editor - which apparently can't be unlocked, even with using tomatoes. Seems like a very strange thing to withhold..

I was able to unlock the recording option because I already used my 100 tomatoes voucher, so maybe my Version isn't the best to tell you what works and what doesn't ^^
(it probably need to be unlocked buying a set amount of tomatoes)

So, basically for people who own the full game, this is like a fully featured digital Version minus the editor. Everything carried over: Songs, vocaloids, my character, my fans, even my shopping basket...

tweder

Neo Member
Hey everyone. I can't believe it took me so long to find everyone here. Activating my NeoGAF account also took forever. I am a long time band bros fan and music game lover. I own the first band bros, the extension pack, jam with the band, and now the new 3ds game. 

I didn't get a Japanese 3ds, but rather an exploit to play Japanese games on an American 3ds. This prohibits me from playing online because I need the 1.3 patch, which I can't download from the American eshop. ಠ_ಠ 

So far, the game is excellent, even with only having the first four songs. I have been playing with the song composer and trying to enjoy the game.

Because it can't get online, I am trying to research if there is another way for users to exchange songs via files on the SD card. I don't know if there is encryption for these files, but I figured it would be worth trying to exchange them. If you want to participate, make sure you backup your files first. 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tKlz07HjbQc

Here's something that I put together as a test to share between different users. It's not completed, but rather a proof of concept. You can download the file here: https://www.mediafire.com/?a466ynyy7uze5ys to try to put it on your own system. Those were the folders that were associated with my Nintendo 3DS, but yours might be a little different. I don't know the it will work, so it'd be great if someone could give it a try and see if we can exchange songs this way. Let me know what you think and if it works on your system.

I may have to give in and buy a used Japanese 3ds or something in order to play online and download new songs. I just don't want to spend too much money for a system to play one game. Also, Daigasso! Band Brothers P is only $30 with 2-day shipping on amazon. It's such a good deal. I only wish it sold more copies. 
Anyway, it's nice to be among people who appreciate the game as much as I am. It's also cool to find a group of people who enjoy earthbound music too. I'm a huge Mother fan too. 

Zornica

Banned

my old card reader from the early '00 can't handle sdhc cards, so I have no means to side-load stuff onto my 3ds atm. I'll try as soon as I can get hold of a new one.

When the new 3ds hits the shelves, there are probably going to be lots of old used units... you may get lucky

So, it seems all the codes I've posted in this thread have been used up. You guys should post your codes too!

Anyways, I'm pretty down for playing tonight or maybe some other time this weekend, if anyone else is.

Zornica

Banned
I guess "tonight" is already over?
how about today then? I won't be coming home until 7pm gmt+2 but that shouldn't be a problem for most of you. Although I'll probably get really really tired really fast, so the earlier we play the better.

I'm not sure about posting my codes, I'd rather have them pm me so I know which ones have been used yet and which ones haven't...

extralite

I have the second game for the old DS.

3DS versions of some of my favorite songs that were already downloadable in the old game:

Shiina Ringo/Tokyo Jihen
Gibusu
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/2147625794
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/2415929160 (new version by Nintendo)
Honnou
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/35420 (different uploader than on DS)
Jusui negai
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/2147625143

DQIV
O-tenba-hime no koushin (Alena's theme)
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/2147626687 (different uploader than on DS) (there was a nice Famicom version of the song but it's not on 3DS apparently)

Pikmin
Ai no uta (CM song)
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/36224 (different uploader, on DS I had one by Nintendo)

Ico
You were there
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/48046 (different uploader)

FFIV
Tsuki no akari
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/2147627079 (different uploader)

Earthbound series
SNOW MAN
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/2147627565 (different uploader)
POLLYANNA (I BELIEVE IN YOU)
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/11867 (different uploader)
EIGHT MELODIES
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/2147626781 (different uploader)
WISDOM OF THE WORLD
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/2147628168 (different uploader)
MOTHER EARTH
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/10290 (different uploader)
FALLIN'LOVE AND
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/20091

Judy and Mary
Sobakasu (Rurouni Kenshin)
http://bandbros-p.nintendo.co.jp/music/musicDetail/index/2147624893

kubus

Is it normal that I'm absolutely shit at this game? I can't even hit all the notes on Beginner. I'm too ashamed to go online :'(

Downloaded Music Hour, Mezase Pokemon Master and RUN!RUN!RUN with my first batch of bought tomatos. For some reason I thought just buying 15 or more tomatos would unlock the Recording part of the game but it actually costs 15 tomatos. So screw it then, I'll just buy a retail copy :p.

Shurayuki

Downloaded Music Hour, Mezase Pokemon Master and RUN!RUN!RUN with my first batch of bought tomatos. For some reason I thought just buying 15 or more tomatos would unlock the Recording part of the game but it actually costs 15 tomatos. So screw it then, I'll just buy a retail copy :p.

Damn they know how to twist the knife.

Gotta spend money to make money eh? I wonder how much tomatoes the top contributors got by making songs, there's probably something on the wiki but bleh.
(It's not exactly steam workshop if you can't convert it into money though...)

Top Bottom