• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*DANGER* Breaking Bad S5 *SPOILER* Thread - Untagged discussion, photos, and leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mononoke

Banned
I'm thinking it might be Elliots place. I'm booting up Netflix now, to get some more screenshots of the outside of the house. I'm thinking because it has the same color scheme as the wall + the stone slab. Plus what is selling me on it being their place as opposed to Marie's (which does have the same design) - the size of the windows/walls look more like Elliot's place (because it's a big house). It also has a lot of treeds and weeds outside of it.

If you notice, Hank's house is kind of on a hill side, and is kind of small. Even the big Windows are kind of barely on the edge before going to the hillside. Whereas Walt is clearly standing outside a Wall with tall windows.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm thinking it might be Elliots place. I'm booting up Netflix now, to get some more screenshots of the outside of the house. I'm thinking because it has the same color scheme as the wall + the stone slab. Plus what is selling me on it being their place as opposed to Marie's (which does have the same design) - the size of the windows/walls look more like Elliot's place (because it's a big house). It also has a lot of treeds and weeds outside of it.

If you notice, Hank's house is kind of on a hill side, and is kind of small. Even the big Windows are kind of barely on the edge before going to the hillside. Whereas Walt is clearly standing outside a Wall with tall windows.

was doing that now, too. I'm seeing Stone wall exteriors, so far.

Rich!

Just ventured into the spoiler thread.

Hahahaha, there's nothing there. AMC have this shit on fucking lockdown.

Edit: oh my god, this is the spoiler thread. Oh, and those look to be more substantial things above...

I'm outta here

Lonestar

Edit: I'll just let you do that then. I'm going to look at Face Off in Season 4, and see that house that him and Saul were at.

Can't bring over pictures, strolling through the episode on my phone.

There's a chance it might be this house, as a scene between Walt and Sklyar, leaving the house, you can see one exterior wall that has a stone bottom, but a flat beige "stucco" type surface, like that picture. Didn't see any windows up close to see if it has matching "frame" elements, or any lamps that match, though.

Just ventured into the spoiler thread.

Hahahaha, there's nothing there. AMC have this shit on fucking lockdown.

Edit: oh my god, this is the spoiler thread. Oh, and those look to be more substantial things above...

I'm outta here

lol

anyway yeah I thought it could be Marie house but I never saw that light before.

Mononoke

Banned
I think we can rule out it being the house that Walter and Saul met in Face Off. It does in fact have the weeds + the stone slab exterior. It also has the 6 panel windows. HOWEVER, I'm not seeing lanterns outside. And also, we get an inside shot, that doesn't match the picture at all. If it had the lanterns on the outside, id say it was it. But yeah.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6tBQSTR.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0RfoYfj.png[/IMG]

EDIT: It could be the backside of the house though - which we didn't see.

Mononoke

Banned
I was not able to get any exterior shots of Gretchen and Elliots place that showed the 6 panel windows shown in that shot. I did however, get a shot of a lantern they had outside. AND it looks exactly like the lantern in the shot. Given how big the house is, I think it would be reasonable that they have 6 panel windows (maybe the side of the house or the back of it). But at least we have the lanterns on the outside (and even in the inside in some shots).
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/QaLdDfo.png[/IMG]

At this point, I'm going to say it's Gretchen and Elliot's place. But both Marie's place + the empty house in Face Off, also have similarities to the shot. So.

Mononoke

Banned
Haha, son of a bitch. Plus, there could be six panels of glass in those windows, we just can't see because it's a little dark.

That's actually very true too. The inside shots are very dark. I think the 6 panel windows are most like the one in Face Off house. But the Elliot house has the same exact lanterns. So it's kind of a toss up.

One thing that is leading me away from the Face Off house, is the fact that while it has the 6 panel windows, the ones in the shot seem more carved into the stone/house. Whereas the ones in Face Off house, are more like Wooden swing out windows. But to be fair, we don't know if this house has the ones we see in the shot at the back of the house or something. Either way, I feel confident narrowing it down to the Face Off House or Elliot's.

Lonestar

Those are single panel windows, or no panels. Lamps are there, but those look like hanging ones. But yeah, it does have some beige stucco walls, but the half stone gives me some doubt.

What about Jesse's house, could it be that?

Mononoke

Banned
I don't think those lanterns look similar.

I thought they did, but to be fair I didn't look as close as I should have, and the shots are pretty far away (and shitty). =/

I think the issue we are going to have with trying to guess, is the fact that these houses are big. They could use the same house as these episodes, but use the backyard for instance. Since we've never seen the backs of these houses, we would never know that they had the exact panels, and the lanterns.

And..for all we know, it could be a house we've never even seen before. I'm only giving my nod to Elliots place, because it has a lantern, has stone stuco walls (similar color), and the wall and window size seems to match (as my belief is that, the shot that Walt is in, the house is a pretty big house due to the size of the window, and where the wall meets the ground).

But I do agree that this requires a lot of assumptions, and jumps in logic. And the reality is, there is nothing to definitively nail down a location. There just isn't.

Mononoke

Banned
Those are single panel windows, or no panels. Lamps are there, but those look like hanging ones. But yeah, it does have some beige stucco walls, but the half stone gives me some doubt.

What about Jesse's house, could it be that?

Yeah you have a point. I figured that the half stone wall was only in the front. But looking at that side shot, it does extend all the way around. The only way it could still be their place, is if it's in the backyard, where the stone doesn't go around, and where the lanterns + the panels are different.

So good point. I'll go look at Jesse's place now.

EDIT: I'm not really seeing Jesse's place as being a viable candidate. He only has some 6 panel windows on the side of his house, but they are really tiny, and close to each other.

Frost_Ace

Sooo maybe if that is indeed Gretchen and Elliot's place, maybe Walt will beg them to give Skyler the money? It's the only way I see this working, go there just to poison/shoot them would be dumb.

I called it!

And it was dumb as hell :(

Just came across this theory on reddit. Holy crap!

This is a little bit out there, but based on Vince's promise of "no loose ends," the reappearance of Gretchen and Elliot, and interviews with the writer/director of "Granite State" that imply we aren't done exploring the Grey Matter plot line, maybe this isn't too far fetched.
We know Walt's mother is alive, his relationship with her is strained and several clues are given that mom and Skyler in particular don't get along. It's also implied that Walt's mom has money.
In "Four Days Out" Walt uses a visit to his mother as an excuse to go cook, telling Skyler something along the lines of, "she needs to know about my cancer, and I need to be sure if something happens to me you and the kids will be taken care of in her will." This implies mom has a significant amount of money - though we're never told how much, it's enough that Skyler buys this as an excuse to visit. When Skyler drops him at the airport and Walt tells her she can call if she needs him, Skyler brushes it off and acts like there is nothing in the world that would make her call. I think Walt used the dislike between Sky and his mom to his advantage, otherwise he'd be taking too much of a chance using a visit as an excuse for a solo trip. In most families it would likely result with a suggestion for everyone to go, an opportunity for the kids to visit granny - but Walt knows Skyler hates his mother and would never suggest this, so it is a great cover for a four-day meth cooking binge.
We get another callback to mom in the episode when Skyler confronts Walt with all his lies and kicks him out of the house. When she is listing off all the things she's investigated that don't add up, she mentions that she called Gretchen and found out that they aren't paying for Walt's treatment. Her next thought was to call Walt's mom - prefaced by a sarcastic, "thanks for that, by the way," indicating her deep hatred for his mom to the point that she can't even stand talking to her. But Sky calls anyway because, "I don't know, I thought maybe when you visited her you worked something out, that maybe she agreed to help you." (Another clue she has money - at least enough that she might have paid for costly treatment).
I think in Felina it will be revealed that Walt's mom is extremely wealthy because she bought shares in Grey Matter when Walt was still a partner, and because she disagreed with the way Walt departed the company and/or Gretchen she refused to sell her shares even though he asked her to. This is the source of their estrangement, and likely will have implications for why mom/Skyler hate each other so much. My guess is that Walt's mom loved Gretchen and sees Skyler as the reason Walt walked away from her.
Saul goes out of his way in "Granite State" to remind Walt that there is no way he can simply give his money to his family without the feds taking it.
But what if Walt's mom were to die? Even if she hates Skyler, surely she would leave her fortune to her only grandchildren?
I think somehow Walt uses the ricin on his mom, whether during a last "making amends because I'm dying" visit or by putting it in some food or drink he knows she loves and mailing it to her with a letter of apology. An old woman dying of flu-like symptoms would not raise any red flags, nor would the inheritance if it is her only family, and the feds could not legally RICO it because it would be "unimpeachable."
The writers have telegraphed the Lydia-tea-Stevia thing on purpose as a red herring. It is too obvious. Lydia will die, but not by poisoning.
Other than that, I just hope Jesse makes it out alive.

Vesmir

Banned
Tons of assumptions made there, and I can already hear the backlash if true. Besides, Walt straightshot from NH to NM and to visit Walt's mom requires that he flies out of Alb.

liquidtmd

Banned
The 'Walts mother bought shares in Grey Matter and will be in the finale' is interesting in its sillyness

No new characters. The M60 not being used in the Nazi massacre it suggests and Walt taking the ricin but not seeing him die would be my bets though to be honest I've no clue how they're going to play the finale and I respect them for that

The 'Walts mother bought shares in Grey Matter and will be in the finale' is interesting in its sillyness

No new characters. The M60 not being used in the Nazi massacre it suggests and Walt taking the ricin but not seeing him die would be my bets though to be honest I've no clue how they're going to play the finale and I respect them for that

There was another theory over on reddit again that suggested Walt calls the DEA to the Nazi compound and provokes a firefight between the Feds and Jack's crew with the M60 from a hidden position.

Dr.Acula

Banned
On the BB podcast they said the actors who played Gretchen and Elliot were on very tight schedules, and were only able to give a day for the Charlie Rose scene. It almost didn't happen, as I think Thatcher died, and Rose had to cancel, and Gretchen's actor came back the next day and was only able to give 30 minutes! So those are the kinds of commitments they have. Seems unlikely they'll be featured in the finale.

Mononoke

Banned
On the BB podcast they said the actors who played Gretchen and Elliot were on very tight schedules, and were only able to give a day for the Charlie Rose scene. It almost didn't happen, as I think Thatcher died, and Rose had to cancel, and Gretchen's actor came back the next day and was only able to give 30 minutes! So those are the kinds of commitments they have. Seems unlikely they'll be featured in the finale.

Yeah - but, they also are going to keep it under wraps if they shot more scenes too. The New York Times I think had a piece, where the actor that plays Gretchen shot another scene that wasn't Charlie Rose.

I'll try to find it, but it was just posted a couple day ago. So maybe someone else can help look for it too. Point is, I would take things said about the finale with a grain of salt. Vince very much wants the finale to be a surprise. Telling people that Gretchen and Elliot are in it, kind of spoils a pretty big plot point.

EDIT: Found the article. The article actually doesn't say much, it only has one line that says she went to New Mexico to film a scene last year. Thing is, the Charlie Rose thing was filmed in New York. So what did she film in NM (a finale scene?):

http://theater.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/theater/jessica-hecht-on-the-assembled-parties.html

Then again, I don't know when the finale was being filmed, and if this lines up with it.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Yeah - but, they also are going to keep it under wraps if they shot more scenes too. The New York Times I think had a piece, where the actor that plays Gretchen shot another scene that wasn't Charlie Rose.

I'll try to find it, but it was just posted a couple day ago. So maybe someone else can help look for it too. Point is, I would take things said about the finale with a grain of salt. Vince very much wants the finale to be a surprise. Telling people that Gretchen and Elliot are in it, kind of spoils a pretty big plot point.

LOL, double fake-out, not surprised.

I think Walt going after Gray Matter makes the most sense thematically. Can't wait for Sunday.

Lonestar

Saw that article, too. It's mostly about the theater role that she was offered, but it started out with "filmed scenes in NM last year", but the article, I want to say, was released in 1st quarter of this year.

Which brings me to wondering when the final episode was filmed. Entirely at the end, or partially back a few months (beard/hair growth, etc)

Dyno

I'm rooting for Walt to win it all and so far he's on course to do it.

He kills the Nazis and frees Jessie; they have both been through harrowing experiences so they bury the hatchet. They build their meth empire into something truly massive.

A man can dream, right? Then let me dream just once more...

Epilogue - Years have passed. A meeting concludes and Grey Matter has been sold to a faceless consortium. Only its... Heisenburg! Ohhhh yeah bitches!

I think Walt going after Gray Matter makes the most sense thematically. Can't wait for Sunday.

Search my post history, but yeah, in a profile about Gretchen's actress, they talk about her filming in ABQ which is definitely not where they filmed Charlie Rose.

Mononoke

Banned

Okay, I found the article. I was kind of wrong. What was said in this article, is that she filmed something in New Mexico last year. Thing is, the Charlie Rose scene was filmed in New York. SO, this is why fans think she filmed something for the finale:

http://theater.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/theater/jessica-hecht-on-the-assembled-parties.html

The article only mentions ONE line about this at the top, and the rest is about her acting in a play.

Mononoke

Banned
Saw that article, too. It's mostly about the theater role that she was offered, but it started out with "filmed scenes in NM last year", but the article, I want to say, was released in 1st quarter of this year.

Which brings me to wondering when the final episode was filmed. Entirely at the end, or partially back a few months (beard/hair growth, etc)

Yep that was it.

EDIT: Thanks for clarifying for me, that the Charlie Rose scene was filmed in NY, and the article mentions she shot a scene in New Mexico.

Lonestar

Yep that was it. I actually had read about this article on another site - and was reading what fans were saying. I just read the article, and there is really nothing to indicate that it isn't the Charlie Rose scene. Plus, the article says NOTHING. Like you said, it barely mentions that one line. lol Should have known better to trust BB fans, they tend to read into shit way too much.

Well, the thing is, she's listed as coming back from filming in NM for the show, and that scene last week was the only shot of the series not filmed in NM (in NYC with Charlie Rose), so it still fits. Don't think she's had an appearance since season 2 or 3.

Mononoke

Banned
Well, the thing is, she's listed as coming back from filming in NM for the show, and that scene last week was the only shot of the series not filmed in NM (in NYC with Charlie Rose), so it still fits. Don't think she's had an appearance since season 2 or 3.

I guess I should have thought before I posted. SO that is why people are saying it. Okay. I didn't know that the Charlie Rose scene was shot in NY (even though I should have).

Time to re-edit my edits again lol.

Yep, this is what I was saying above.

kehs

Banned
I just wanted to say, this is the first and last show I've ever followed so closely. Between rampant off the wall theories, and obvious people privy to inside information about how stories pan out pretending to hypothesize, I'm just jealous of people who will watch this show after all the hype and after all the "speculation" that ruins the element of surprise.

That said, I loved how it all played out.

Lotto

Any relevance to locations always being "New"? Everything started in New Mexico; Walt ended up in New Hampshire under a new name; and if I recall correctly, his journalism banter over the phone at the gas station he mentioned New York. It's probably just all a coincidence but interesting nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom