• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*DANGER* Breaking Bad S5 *SPOILER* Thread - Untagged discussion, photos, and leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
jr3ccfSKL6DNg.jpg

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ SPOILERS FOR SEASON 5 OF BREAKING BAD, GET OUT OF THIS THREAD

Since screeners are out to critics and a few things are starting to leak including plot points, promo images for the first few episodes, and interviews, I think it's a good time to put up a spoiler thread for Season 5 of Breaking Bad.

If you want to discuss this sort of thing or post spoilerish images, please do it here and keep it out of the S4 thread and the S5 thread that isn't up yet. There's no need for spoiler tags here, so READ THIS THREAD AT YOUR OWN RISK. You have been warned.

For anyone wondering, Season 5 starts July 15th on AMC. They're splitting the final 'season' into two parts. Eight episodes will air this Summer and the final eight episodes will air in 2013.

I will not be participating in this thread, so please play nice in here. Contact your friendly, local moderator if anything comes up that needs to be resolved.

Thanks and enjoy the new season. The main S5 thread will be up about a week before the new season starts.

By the way, this was sparked by this conversation last night in the S4 thread:
Oh god... I just saw a major spoiler for the first two episodes.

I'm so fucking sad that I saw them. FUUUUUUUUUDDDGGGGGEEEE!

Dany

Banned
Never expected Ted to be dead. I fully see Skyler going to have to take some initiative in order to shut ted up for good.

I saw the huge massive spoilers everyone was talking about. Was I being trolled? I don't think that was very big spoiler.

Dany

Banned
Yeah its not that big. They purposefully left it up in the air at the end of season 4. Its a reveal sure, but not really anything massive I guess

Fry

I promised myself I'd read that spoiler and then be done with them until the end of the show, so I'll stay away from this thread.

But it's pretty cool that Ted is alive. The way people simply assumed he died always seemed strange to me.

An-Det

I promised myself I'd read that spoiler and then be done with them until the end of the show, so I'll stay away from this thread.

But it's pretty cool that Ted is alive. The way people simply assumed he died always seemed strange to me.

Same. Gilligan said he was dead, so I accepted it, but in-show he fell and hit his head and passed out. Was never sure how people could think he was dead given his twitch.

Cant wait to see what he does next, especially after Walt learning that Skyler gave him the money.

Same. Gilligan said he was dead, so I accepted it, but in-show he fell and hit his head and passed out. Was never sure how people could think he was dead given his twitch.

Cant wait to see what he does next, especially after Walt learning that Skyler gave him the money.

that twitch was the exact reason i assumed he was dead

- EW.com: Watch a spoiler-free scene from the premiere
Want to see 90 seconds of spoiler-free footage from the opening moments of Breaking Bad‘s fifth season premiere? The clip takes place right after the July 15 return episode’s cold open segment (a scene that’s going to have more fans speculating about Mr. White’s future than anything we’ve seen since season two’s infamous opener with the torched toy in the pool).

This clip has Walter reuniting with his family soon after season four’s finale shocker. The first two episodes of the new season, both written by showrunner Vince Gilligan, are completely gripping and hit the ground running. Here’s your exclusive first look:

EDIT: Fixed the link.

So I feel like I blanked at the end of season 4 and I missed something that maybe they did not show. Walt tried to talk down Jesse by saying that he never even had a chance to poison Brock. Ok so he did it with the berries instead, but when? I don't remember him getting close enough to even try it? Do they still need to show us?

CrankyJay

Banned
So I feel like I blanked at the end of season 4 and I missed something that maybe they did not show. Walt tried to talk down Jesse by saying that he never even had a chance to poison Brock. Ok so he did it with the berries instead, but when? I don't remember him getting close enough to even try it? Do they still need to show us?

They might...they revisit stuff from time to time.

CrankyJay

Banned
Watched the clip Cornballer posted...can't wait...less than 2 weeks!

I haven't been this excited about a premiere in ages.

Gorillaz

Those spoilers on SA aren't that bad, it's something that an actor like aaron paul has evolved so well over the course of 4 seasons. Supporting characters most of the time don't get that much development as Jessie Pinkman did in season 2-4

I quickly scrolled down to ask why would you want to spoil something that hasn't even aired yet?

Are you going to stick around this thread and wait for an answer? Some of us aren't that sensitive to spoilers.

The one being spoken about in this thread..about Ted, I could care less. I wouldn't cry if someone told me that.

Fry

Ask Ausiello

Question: I must know if Mike is going to be in the final season of Breaking Bad. My heart will shatter into a million pieces if he isn’t. —Ava
Ausiello: Not only is he in it, but he plays a major role in the first two episodes – both of which I’ve seen; they had me (not surprisingly) completely riveted. A few other non-spoilery spoilers about Episodes 1 and 2: Giancarlo Esposito’s Gus may be gone, but his spirit looms large; Walt will literally become a magnet for trouble; and someone we thought was dead isn’t!

VegaNine

http://www.tvovermind.com/tv-news/tv-spoilers-the-good-wife-breaking-bad-and-more/

Mike will be back for the final season of the show. He plays a major role in the first two episodes. Giancarlo Esposito’s Gus may be gone, but his spirit’s not. Walt will literally become a magnet for trouble. Someone we thought was dead isn’t.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1689073/breaking-bad-jesse-pinkman-jesse-plemons.jhtml

"And we're starting a new endeavor."

What kind of new endeavor, you ask? Cranston explained: "We start cooking again. Walt figures out a very clever way to disguise it. Obviously we don't have the means or wherewithal to make another super lab, but we do it like a poor man's super lab ... and in so doing, we need to expand our partnership."

Expansion of the partnership means expansion of the "Breaking Bad" cast, including a role for newcomer Jesse Plemons. Best known for playing unwitting killer of rapists Landry Clarke on "Friday Night Lights," Plemons joins Walt and Jesse's crew as Todd, described by Cranston as "a wild card."

"There's some friction when he joins the group," the actor teased of Plemons' character. "We think we know him, and then it's like, 'What just happened? What did he do?' It's fun for [Plemons] to play because it keeps him guessing, and it keeps [Walt and Jesse] as a partnership guessing, too."

As for Walt's other new recruits, Cranston stayed appropriately cryptic: "There's someone else who comes into play [with the partnership] too, who you'll be familiar with." So place your bets now, "Breaking Bad" fans — which familiar face is about to join Walter White and the Jesses on the dark side?

The pilot was Walt's 50th birthday. The title of episode four is "Fifty-one", take from that what you will.
Regarding the timeline, I was reading through a quick primer on S5 over on Newsday ('Breaking Bad' is back for fifth and final season) and they mention something that doesn't jive with your assumption.
In the opening seconds of the "Breaking Bad" fifth-season opener (next Sunday at 10 p.m. on AMC), viewers will stare straight down into a plate of eggs. Sunny-side up. Two sallow disapproving eyes looking right up into the camera, and into the blighted soul of the blighted man who is about to eat them.

Walter White (Bryan Cranston) grabs a mound of crispy bacon, and places each piece in such a way on the plate so that the bacon spells out the numbers 5 and 2.

It is Walter's joyless 52nd birthday, and as true-blue "Bad" fans will recall, this is almost a flashback to the opening seconds of the series four years ago, when his beloved wife, Skyler (Anna Gunn), placed a plate of eggs before him on his 50th birthday, with the bacon spelling out 50.

Much has changed over those 24 months in the life of the former high-school chemistry teacher.
It's strange because one year makes a hell of a lot more sense than what they mention in the review, though he seems quite adamant that it's been two years.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Wow. That's really nuts. This better not turn into some LOST style alternate dimension shit.

Ausiello's comment ("Walt will literally become a magnet for trouble") combined with the Comic-Con poster revealed on breakinggifs has made it pretty obvious what that object in the middle is. What it's used for, though, who knows.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
So, I basically figured out a good deal of the plot of the premiere from various sources. I was trying to be good :(

Teaser is definitely a flash forward, with a cliffhanger - most likely just Walt staring into a trunk. You don't know what it contains.

Fry

Guys, stay clear of 4chan and reddit, do you remember when they leaked Gus death? They are back with more groundbreaking spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom