• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*DANGER* Breaking Bad S5 *SPOILER* Thread - Untagged discussion, photos, and leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

We know that Walt digs up his money next episode, not in Granite State.

Marie bludgeoning Skyler doesn't make any sense. It'd be incredibly out of character for her.

Todd becoming "the bad guy" doesn't make any sense. He's a follower, not a leader. He's doing this because his uncle and Lydia are expecting these things from him and Todd has no backbone.

I don't see any way for Hank to survive that kind of encounter to be "kidnapped" for so long without being admitted to a hospital. The timeskip is almost completely unaccounted for.

The show ending with Hank and Walt looking at a sunset would be absolutely awful. Hank is a bad character to cap off the entire series with.

Ricin kills the victim by simulating symptoms of flu. I really can't see an attempt at a heartfelt ending work if Walt uses it on himself unless Walt vomitting everywhere is a good sight.

This is a pretty rubbish theory.

VegaNine

Yup, those spoilers are bunk. And (according to TIME and A/V Club) screeners aren't being sent out for the final three episodes, so leaks may be scarce.

S'all good, though, we can do this on our own. Walt's empire may fall, but our smoking hot predictions will survive here forever. Yeah, bitch!
This thread will be a ruin.

5x14: "Ozymandias" ; Everyone copes with radically changed circumstances.

We all know the title comes from the famous Shelley poem about the fall of kings. We also know that Walt is about to disappear, but nothing about the preview or the promo pics tells us how.

slR3KiA.jpg

RRlTNWv.png

Many mysteries, little evidence. Let's ask some questions and examine the clues.

ze8mK6V.jpg

QUESTION #1: Will Hank be killed?

aqV7hvZ.gif

• Evidence A: This quote from this week's Entertainment Weekly:

"Answer the phone!" Walt barks into his cell. "Pick up!" In the conversation, which is loaded in all sorts of ways, he thunders lines like "Toe the line or you'll wind up like [REDACTED]!" He ends the call by saying cryptically, "I still got things left to do," and breaks his phone in half. The one who has destroyed everything in his path must leave no trace.

"Toe the line or you'll end up like [REDACTED]!"

I don't imagine they'd have to redact "Mike" or "Gus," or any name we've already heard the end of. "Gomez'" doesn't have much weight, unless the call is to Hank, and that's unlikely. On the other hand, if the redacted name is "Hank," it could simply mean that he's crippled again... but that'd be retreading useless ground at this point.
  • Evidence B: Dean Norris is on Talking Bad next week, and they've been good about matching guests to the right episodes. Also, should both Hank and Gomez be killed, it'd retroactively make more sense that Gomez was on last Sunday's Talking Bad, to give Norris his own private send off.
  • Evidence C: For story purposes, as well as for having only three episodes left, they might as well just kill Hank now rather than let another good "death march" go to waste. Also, that was a lot of fucking bullets.
  • Defense:
    1. The writers are fanatically attached to their characters.
    2. On the Insider Podcast, Hank's call to Marie was almost forgotten about, and Gomez's actor was lauded more than Dean Norris.
ACCUSATION:
Colonel Mustard!
That is, "a very good chance."

tumblr_mod04mfGAk1qaqw6po1_500.gif

QUESTION #2: Does THIS happen next week?

wdzXC60.png

The clip is @ 2:35. It shows Walt throwing a suitcase into the bed of a pickup, next to (what looks like) at least one barrel of his buried money. Skyler then pulls into the driveway with Junior, and Walt hurriedly tells them to pack up, because they have to leave immediately. Walt is sunburned, dirty, and bloodied.

ACCUSATION: Colonel Mustard! Walt will have the truck. He'll be on the run. Skyler is wearing the same clothes in this clip as she is in the promo pic. And 5x15 will probably need to be spent establishing his life in "The Granite State."

QUESTION #3: How does Walt get away from the shootout?

tohajiilee-shoot-out.jpg

• Scenario A: Walt makes a deal with Jack (to give up the money, to give up Jesse as a cook, or to continue cooking himself)
  • Scenario B: The APD/The tribal police arrive and engage Jack's Gang, Walt gets away while everyone is preoccupied
  • Scenario C: A combination of A & B, or of neither.
ACCUSATION: Like this:
UlwIN0t.gif

QUESTION #4: Walt escapes the shootout with "something that someone wants back." What is it?

According to EW, Walt escapes with "something more important than 1,000 gallons of methylamine, something that a certain someone wants back." There's a few things this could be:

• A Barrel of Money - Jack's Gang is unaware that Walt has money buried in the desert, and Walt probably wouldn't give it up before offering to cook, or offering up Jesse. If Jack finds out about the money, it'll probably be from Jesse or Hank, and Walt would have steal one back if he hopes to "vanish" his family. Maybe he keeps the last barrel secret somehow, or has one buried a bit separately. (Note: If Walt has $80M buried, per the EW article, the value of any one barrel is somewhere around $11M.)
  • Walt Himself - Jack's Gang already "had" Walt as a cook, so it makes sense they'd want him "back" if he escapes. But this only works if Jesse gets away. I think they'll catch him eventually, even if not next Sunday, and Walt will come back in the finale to save him (Walt returns to ABQ to "protect someone," per Rolling Stone.)
  • Jesse - Walt escapes with Jesse in the barrel, then cheats the vanisher out of $125K by loading him as luggage. The barrel is variously dropped, kicked, rolled, thrown, and crushed on the road to New Hampshire. Jesse's face becomes deformed enough that he no longer needs a new identity.

tumblr_mrk3rqNXIl1s6krrko1_500.gif
ACCUSATION: "Himself" (Mr. White with the Money in the Pickup Truck)

QUESTION #5: Where, and how, does Walt get that pickup truck?

tumblr_m786ehrwQC1rziw5ao1_500.gif

ACCUSATION: Chekhov's gun! As Walt was being arrested in the desert, Jesse reminded him that they were at the site of their first cook... and if you remember the pilot, Jesse saw a "cow house" just over the rocks. I think either Walt finds the truck there, or the cow house owner drives over with the tribal police. The dropped handgun may come into play.
tumblr_mk7gkb7bIN1r8xbmno1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2n3bznzY21qdhs9do1_500.gif

FINAL QUESTION: Is the IMDb cast list for 5x14 a hot load of bullshit?
  • Krazy-8
  • Mike Ehrmantraut
  • Gale Boetticher
  • Tuco Salamanca
  • Jane Margolis

I mentioned earlier that this is either a flashback, a nightmare, or another IMDB brainfart. 5x14's director denies any undead cast members in his episode, but FWIW, he also denied that the leaked "Blood Money" summary was legit, when in fact it was.

IMDb also lists a pair of "APD Detectives" for Ozy, so the heat may officially be on Walt. We'll see.

tumblr_me07k5caDB1qakh43o11_r1_250.gif

Many more questions, days left to answer them, sadly...

Rojo

My idea is that walt gets busted as heisenberg because hank had jesse's cell with a mic so his confessions about the murders link him as the meth king this is revealed by the DEA agent taking care of huel.

knicks

My idea is that walt gets busted as heisenberg because hank had jesse's cell with a mic so his confessions about the murders link him as the meth king this is revealed by the DEA agent taking care of huel.

Pretty much. That was such a stupid scene that I wish didn't happen. Typical television way of finding something out.

kehs

Banned
Here's Dean Norris telling Jimmy Kimmel that he survives until the final episode. He could just be blowing smoke up our asses (what else is he gonna say?).

And here's Anna Gunn explaining that the script for 5x15 (or 5x14, she doesn't seem too sure) was so intense that it brought the cast "to their knees."

His fingers went on overdrive after he said that. lol

I think he messed up.

Odenkirk apparently isn't in the last episode at all. He was on the daily show and he mentioned that he didn't read the script for it even though they sent it to him.

His fingers went on overdrive after he said that. lol

I think he messed up.

Odenkirk apparently isn't in the last episode at all. He was on the daily show and he mentioned that he didn't read the script for it even though they sent it to him.

Haha yeah he seemed to be fidgeting after he said that. I'll still be very surprised if he gets out of it.

Yup, those spoilers are bunk. And (according to TIME and A/V Club) screeners aren't being sent out for the final three episodes, so leaks may be scarce.

S'all good, though, we can do this on our own. Walt's empire may fall, but our smoking hot predictions will survive here forever. Yeah, bitch!
This thread will be a ruin.

We all know the title comes from the famous Shelley poem about the fall of kings. We also know that Walt is about to disappear, but nothing about the preview or the promo pics tells us how.

Many mysteries, little evidence. Let's ask some questions and examine the clues.

ze8mK6V.jpg

QUESTION #1: Will Hank be killed?

aqV7hvZ.gif

• Evidence A: This quote from this week's Entertainment Weekly:

"Toe the line or you'll end up like [REDACTED]!"

I don't imagine they'd have to redact "Mike" or "Gus," or any name we've already heard the end of. "Gomez'" doesn't have much weight, unless the call is to Hank, and that's unlikely. On the other hand, if the redacted name is "Hank," it could simply mean that he's crippled again... but that'd be retreading useless ground at this point.
  • Evidence B: Dean Norris is on Talking Bad next week, and they've been good about matching guests to the right episodes. Also, should both Hank and Gomez be killed, it'd retroactively make more sense that Gomez was on last Sunday's Talking Bad, to give Norris his own private send off.
  • Evidence C: For story purposes, as well as for having only three episodes left, they might as well just kill Hank now rather than let another good "death march" go to waste. Also, that was a lot of fucking bullets.
  • Defense:
    1. The writers are fanatically attached to their characters.
    2. On the Insider Podcast, Hank's call to Marie was almost forgotten about, and Gomez's actor was lauded more than Dean Norris.
ACCUSATION:
Colonel Mustard!
That is, "a very good chance."

tumblr_mod04mfGAk1qaqw6po1_500.gif

QUESTION #2: Does THIS happen next week?

wdzXC60.png

The clip is @ 2:35. It shows Walt throwing a suitcase into the bed of a pickup, next to (what looks like) at least one barrel of his buried money. Skyler then pulls into the driveway with Junior, and Walt hurriedly tells them to pack up, because they have to leave immediately. Walt is sunburned, dirty, and bloodied.

ACCUSATION: Colonel Mustard! Walt will have the truck. He'll be on the run. Skyler is wearing the same clothes in this clip as she is in the promo pic. And 5x15 will probably need to be spent establishing his life in "The Granite State."

QUESTION #3: How does Walt get away from the shootout?

tohajiilee-shoot-out.jpg

• Scenario A: Walt makes a deal with Jack (to give up the money, to give up Jesse as a cook, or to continue cooking himself)
  • Scenario B: The APD/The tribal police arrive and engage Jack's Gang, Walt gets away while everyone is preoccupied
  • Scenario C: A combination of A & B, or of neither.
ACCUSATION: Like this:
UlwIN0t.gif

QUESTION #4: Walt escapes the shootout with "something that someone wants back." What is it?

According to EW, Walt escapes with "something more important than 1,000 gallons of methylamine, something that a certain someone wants back." There's a few things this could be:

• A Barrel of Money - Jack's Gang is unaware that Walt has money buried in the desert, and Walt probably wouldn't give it up before offering to cook, or offering up Jesse. If Jack finds out about the money, it'll probably be from Jesse or Hank, and Walt would have steal one back if he hopes to "vanish" his family. Maybe he keeps the last barrel secret somehow, or has one buried a bit separately. (Note: If Walt has $80M buried, per the EW article, the value of any one barrel is somewhere around $11M.)
  • Walt Himself - Jack's Gang already "had" Walt as a cook, so it makes sense they'd want him "back" if he escapes. But this only works if Jesse gets away. I think they'll catch him eventually, even if not next Sunday, and Walt will come back in the finale to save him (Walt returns to ABQ to "protect someone," per Rolling Stone.)
  • Jesse - Walt escapes with Jesse in the barrel, then cheats the vanisher out of $125K by loading him as luggage. The barrel is variously dropped, kicked, rolled, thrown, and crushed on the road to New Hampshire. Jesse's face becomes deformed enough that he no longer needs a new identity.

tumblr_mrk3rqNXIl1s6krrko1_500.gif
ACCUSATION: "Himself" (Mr. White with the Money in the Pickup Truck)

QUESTION #5: Where, and how, does Walt get that pickup truck?

tumblr_m786ehrwQC1rziw5ao1_500.gif

ACCUSATION: Chekhov's gun! As Walt was being arrested in the desert, Jesse reminded him that they were at the site of their first cook... and if you remember the pilot, Jesse saw a "cow house" just over the rocks. I think either Walt finds the truck there, or the cow house owner drives over with the tribal police. The dropped handgun may come into play.
tumblr_mk7gkb7bIN1r8xbmno1_500.jpg

tumblr_m2n3bznzY21qdhs9do1_500.gif

FINAL QUESTION: Is the IMDb cast list for 5x14 a hot load of bullshit?

I mentioned earlier that this is either a flashback, a nightmare, or another IMDB brainfart. 5x14's director denies any undead cast members in his episode, but FWIW, he also denied that the leaked "Blood Money" summary was legit, when in fact it was.

IMDb also lists a pair of "APD Detectives" for Ozy, so the heat may officially be on Walt. We'll see.

tumblr_me07k5caDB1qakh43o11_r1_250.gif

Many more questions, days left to answer them, sadly...

.... amazing.

Simply grand.

Quester

Neo Member
Walt has something more valuable than 1,000 gallons of methylamine, something that a certain someone wants back.

Holly's more valuable that 1000 gallons of methylamine? Hmm, wouldn't have guessed that.

Mononoke

Banned
Walt is dressed like he's in a hospital gown. Death bed?

Nah, it's just the way the light is hitting his shirt (plus it being black and white). It's the same beige shirt he wore under the green jacket. You will notice it's the same jeans he has on too.

VegaNine

Only two envelopes left...

5x15 - Granite State ; Events set in motion long ago move toward a conclusion. [PROMO VID]

WADSWORTH: Allow me.​

ze8mK6V.jpg

MYSTERY #1: Are Hank and Gomez recovered?
tumblr_ltsvubYi2v1qc86xvo1_500.gif

This is second-hand hearsay, but REPORTEDLY, REPORTEDLY the crew shot scenes in a church back in December. However, filming for "Granite State" took place in March, and I haven't heard of any scenes being shot in advance this season--although few were shot in reverse.

The only thing that makes me want to believe this "funeral rumor" is that Hank and Gomez, in all likelihood, are going to be found. Their grave is the money pit, so Walt only has to send someone the coordinates. In fact, I reckon he may have already done it:
nJBip4D.jpg

The note he left on Holly is several pages thick [OBJECTION], so it may give more info than just her name and address.

But to poke a hole in my own theory, Saul reminds Walt in the 5x15 promo, "Two DEA agents missing, presumed dead..." Unless this conversation occurs before Walt gets in the van (doesn't look it), or unless Walt corrects Saul afterward, it means that he hasn't given the coordinates in the Holly Note. An oversight he'll correct eventually, I think.

ACCUSATION:
34 59 20 106 36 52

MYSTERY #2: Does 5x15 have the "time jump"?

Here's Marie leaving the White house in her black jumpsuit, telling us that 5x15 begins around where 5x14 left off--probably with the return of Holly.
5A52ed4.png

But here's a promo pic of Jesse with a few months of hair [OBJECTION] possibly confirming our predictions that 5x15 speeds us forward.

laFWVcb.jpg

Nazi generosity strikes again when Jesse gets a pissy bucket.

ACCUSATION: Jesse in the Future with the Pissy Bucket​

MYSTERY #3: Who's stalking Skyler?

R6ZdVge.png

Someone's staking out the White residence in the promo, and Skyler peers through the curtain at him. Given her unfazed demeanor, it's probably just the feds. Here she is looking a bit more perturbed, possibly under questioning.

Also, she's either smoking around the kids again, or they've been taken into protective custody.

ACCUSATION:
clue_gif_5_by_solaris_ember-d4g6bq4.gif

MYSTERY #4: Does Gretchen return next week?

tumblr_maiux4Wlpg1qedb29o1_500.gif

Charlie Rose has a guest appearance in "Granite State," presumably to interview someone. Gretchen is the safest bet, not only because she's high profile (Rose often interviews millionaires), but because this might be the best way to learn more about Walt's past and tie up loose ends.

Gretchen's actor confirmed her return, but didn't say for which episode. At "the very end" is all we know. 5x15 is near enough, I think.

ACCUSATION: Grey Matter.​

MYSTERY #5: What's happening with Lydia and Todd?

Fq2hAtj.jpg

Lydia and Todd share a scene at a restaurant called "The Grove." I don't think Todd got all dressed up just to tell Lydia that her meth is a shit-ton bluer. That may be part of it, but I think he's also there to tell her about Jesse's confession tape, which implicates them both.

In the scene where Todd pulls Jesse out of the cell, Jesse screams about the tape and Todd tells him, "We're on it." Hank and Marie's address should be on the SUV's registration, so... what happens when they get there? Let's Play Clue!

• Suggestion A: The tape is already in evidence [REJECTED]
  • Suggestion B: The Nazis got it, or will get it [CONSIDERED]
  • Suggestion C: Whether the Nazis get it or not, they'll kill anyone they think might've seen it [ACCEPTED]
Vince Gilligan described Lydia this season as "Darth Vader in Louboutins." I don't think she's lived up to that title yet, so there's a good chance she'll want to cover her tracks by killing anyone close to that tape, including the rest of Walt's family. Lydia's already known to Skyler via the spat at the car wash.

Also, I've heard it related that Todd and Lydia's "relationship" will continue (and that Todd's feelings for Lydia are possibly reciprocated), but I can't source it. In any case, that's probably the real reason Todd is all dressed up.

ACCUSATION: Meth, murder, amour.

tumblr_mkcr6gVpJt1qghhsvo2_500.gif

tumblr_lgfh5euPUh1qzpoc7o1_500.gif

MYSTERY #6: Walt was picked up by the vacuum guy. How does he meet with Saul?

The promo vid shows Walt meeting with Saul, but it's unclear how that happens. Walt has already been picked up by the incredibly unbudging vanishing guy.

0NMDyYy.png

Some people think this is a flashback, but that'd be messy in an episode that speeds several months FORWARD (not to mention that Walt has a change of clothes). So how does Walt meet Saul? Let's Play Clue!

• Suggestion A: The vacuum guy takes Walt to Saul. [REJECTED]
  • Suggestion B: They meet at the vacuum guy's temporary safe house [CONSIDERED]. Maybe Saul is disappearing too.
  • Suggestion C: Saul is the Vacuum Guy. Search your feelings, bitch. We've never seen the man. We've never heard him either, and Saul called him for Jesse. And Saul, somehow, breaks the vanisher's crazy defenses to meet with Walt. Obviously, Saul isn't driving the van since Walt would've reacted to him, but maybe he owns the vacuum business itself or launders money through it. Also, if that's Saul standing across from Walt in the promo, he looks like very much at home and almost like an authority figure. And while I don't think the writers are above a cheesy little twist, NO, I'm not buying my own bullshit here. Maybe somebody else will!
Further evidence: Saul may have one final trick up his sleeve--

Bob Odenkirk: One of the things you think when you watch him, in the fifth season, is that he knows he’s in trouble, so why doesn’t he get the hell out of there? Can’t he figure a way to get away? You’re right to think that he would be thinking that. That’s all I can say.

ACCUSATION: Walt and Saul meet at the safe house before Walt vanishes. Saul isn't the vanisher, but is maybe vanishing too.​

FINAL MYSTERY: Who does Walt return to Albuquerque "to protect" in the finale?

1WC4Bmb.jpg

Walt returns to ABQ to protect someone, per Rolling Stone.

A year ago, I predicted that Jesse would be kidnapped when Todd failed as a cook, and that Walt would return to save him. I've stuck by it since, only now I think that Walt saving Jesse will be the side-effect of coming back to defend his family against Lydia.

That is, if Lydia doesn't kill Walt's family first, in which case Walt would either be coming back for revenge, or for Jesse specifically (if he finds out the blue meth is back on the streets, he might figure that Jesse is alive).

ACCUSATION: Walt returns to protect/avenge his family, thereby saving Jesse as a side-effect. Jesse thanks Walt by killing him.

tumblr_m7qe5ap6Oq1qakh43o1_500.gif

WADSWORTH: AH, FUCK!

Wonderful post. One thing you haven't accounted for is Brock and Andrea's roles. She's on the cast list for Granite State and I can't help but think that Walt letting the Nazis know that Jesse cares about them is going to have some sort of horrible repercussions.

Mononoke

Banned
People keep saying Jesse's hair has grown in that Granite State promo shot, but it looks similar to his hair in Ozymandias IMO.

Ozymandias

jesse.jpg

breaking-bad-514-jesse-at-gunpoint.jpg

(notice the back of hair is similar length there, to that in Granite State).

Granite State

laFWVcb.jpg

But I personally think the hair is the same length in that promo shot. So my guess is that it's NOT a flash forward scene. Plus, in the behind the scene Felina shot (which is flash forward), Jesse's head is shaved again.

DdkI0X3.jpg

VegaNine

Of course not! ;)

Your Clue posts are brilliant. I was actually referring to people on other forums (like Reddit) who keep saying his hair is longer. But I'm personally not seeing it. Just me though.

Nah, I think you're right. Jesse's hair isn't much (if any) longer than in Ozy. I still think Granite State will jump some time, though, whether or not we'll see it through Jesse.

Wonderful post. One thing you haven't accounted for is Brock and Andrea's roles. She's on the cast list for Granite State and I can't help but think that Walt letting the Nazis know that Jesse cares about them is going to have some sort of horrible repercussions.

On this, I have no Clue. IMDb listed Andrea correctly for 5x13, so I'll assume she's back again. But Jesse understands the threat against Andrea (and has already pledged to cook) so anything done to her might need a new justification. But I don't fear for her or Brock's life. Andrea's murder wouldn't be good for morale at the meth lab... unless, of course, the Nazis were to kill her and threaten to do the same to Brock.

Speevy

Banned
Nah, I think you're right. Jesse's hair isn't much (if any) longer than in Ozy. I still think Granite State will jump some time, though, whether or not we'll see it through Jesse.

On this, I have no Clue. IMDb listed Andrea correctly for 5x13, so I'll assume she's back again. But Jesse understands the threat against Andrea (and has already pledged to cook) so anything done to her might need a new justification. But I don't fear for her or Brock's life. Andrea's murder wouldn't be good for morale at the meth lab... unless, of course, the Nazis were to kill her and threaten to do the same to Brock.

:(

kehs

Banned
From the regular thread:

Man, I feel like I just heard a spoiler, but i guess that was inevitable
that walt and jesse are going to be in the end? Obviously walt will be there, but this pretty much confirms Jesse lives to the end, right?

very very serious spoiler follows

I read some random article about the last scene being between two characters in some "room or confined area"

From the regular thread:

very very serious spoiler follows

I read some random article about the last scene being between two characters in some "room or confined area"

Knew it. Wouldn't have it any other way.

edit: I guess I'll just subconsciously steal JustProgress's sentence structure .

Speevy

Banned
Aight guys...where is he at?

Wherever he is has tall windows and is surrounded by weeds and trees. You can see both.

He's discovering something, or he's concerned with something. He's either walking or has been walking, and he's come to a stop.

Conjecture: Does the Nazi compound have high windows like that? Does any other house shown so far in the show have windows like that?

Also, he's outdoors, right? The lighting in this scene is strange.

kehs

Banned
I'm trying to find the article where I read that, but I just realized it may have just been the last scene they shot, and not necessarily the last scene of the show. sorries

Mononoke

Banned
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RPINEu3.png?1[/IMG]

So, looking at that picture of Walt outside that house - can we guess any location that might have looked like that before? Places that came to mind:

* Walt's Condo
* The vacant house that was on the outskirts of New Mexico where Saul and Walt met to discuss their plans to take out Gus.
* Gretchen and Elliot's mansion/house.

Now, I'm not saying either of those are actual candidates, because to be honest, I don't remember how those places looked. So if someone goes back and compares, we could probably rule them out, or confirm. I think the key is to look at the stone walls, and see if any of those places have that same design (I know it's New Mexico, and that is a popular house design. But for instance, Walt's house didn't have that design).

EDIT: I assume he's outside the house, because the trees next to him. I don't think those kind of trees would be indoors. Then again, on the other side of the window it looks like large weeds/bushes, which certainly wouldn't be inside (maybe they are plants on the window sill?) I guess whether he's outside or inside is irrelevant here though.

Hmmm. Marie's house kind of has that design, with weeds outside her house:

Code:
[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7450/9050351392_fe587cb6f0_o.jpg[/IMG]

Walt's Condo (definitely doesn't look like Walt's place). BUT it does have the large windows, and stone slab look (although the colors don't match. Whereas Marie's house has the same color). The size of the place makes me think it's definitely not it:

Code:
[IMG]http://homesalesabq.com/web/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/morningside-park-condos-breaking-bad-locations.jpg[/IMG]

Okay, so Elliots place seems like a dead wringer. Need to find more shots, but it has the stone slab look. The same color. And unlike Marie's place, the windows/wall looks more proportionate to the screenshot we have:

Code:
[IMG]http://d.fastcompany.net/multisite_files/fastcompany/imagecache/inline-large/inline/2013/09/3018116-inline-i-1-gray-industries-matter-walter-white.jpg[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RPINEu3.png?1[/IMG]

So, looking at that picture of Walt outside that house - can we guess any location that might have looked like that before? Places that came to mind:

* Walt's Condo
* The vacant house that was on the outskirts of New Mexico where Saul and Walt met to discuss their plans to take out Gus.
* Gretchen and Elliot's mansion/house.

Now, I'm not saying either of those are actual candidates, because to be honest, I don't remember how those places looked. So if someone goes back and compares, we could probably rule them out, or confirm. I think the key is to look at the stone walls, and see if any of those places have that same design (I know it's New Mexico, and that is a popular house design. But for instance, Walt's house didn't have that design).

EDIT: I assume he's outside the house, because the trees next to him. I don't think those kind of trees would be indoors. Then again, on the other side of the window it looks like large weeds/bushes, which certainly wouldn't be inside (maybe they are plants on the window sill?) I guess whether he's outside or inside is irrelevant here though.

What's throwing me off is the dead trees on one side of the window, and the waist-high grass on the other. Is it just a wall, and it's not even "inside" anywhere?

edit: I obviously posted this before your edit. haha

Mononoke

Banned
What's throwing me off is the dead trees on one side of the window, and the waist-high grass on the other. Is it just a wall, and it's not even "inside" anywhere?

edit: I obviously posted this before your edit. haha

I made another edit (will probably keep editing as I find more stuff). BUT - look at Marie's house. It has large windows, and a stone wall. Plus it has weeds outside. I don't know if the windows are lare enough to be the same size. Nor do I see the lanters outside (but if its inside?).

I made another edit (will probably keep editing as I find more stuff). BUT - look at Marie's house. It has large windows, and a stone wall. Plus it has weeds outside. I don't know if the windows are lare enough to be the same size. Nor do I see the lanters outside (but if its inside?).

Yep, my first thought as well. I could only find exterior shots of the Schrader house on Google image, so I'll have to re-watch a few episodes. But it makes sense that he'd be back at the Schrader house for one reason or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom