• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III leaked info and screenshots [RUMOR - Better Details Write-Up]

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
ff42b13c4b.jpg

This from an older game?

The HUD looks exactly like the first DS.

KarmaCow

It does look like the BB engine, but then these guys made the Silent Hills rumor. I don't know what to believe.

To be fair to them, they clearly painted it as a rumour since it came from one source they trusted in the past and said it does seem crazy but not completely wihtout merit.

RyudBoy

lol buy console version first.

then pay for PC version later with "exclusive lighting" effects.

same shit they did w/DkSII. don't be a sucker.

Pooya

If that's how it looks like I have no complaints. I'm not sure how you fake that. Of course it would look like Bloodborne, it's probably same engine and everything.

My take is that they got those shots but they built a story around it. or someone really good with photoshop,

Neiteio

They seem to suggest that knight boss is a first form of the "demon otter," but it looks like the fights take place in different arenas. They just happen to both have the spectral swords in the ground.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The most unbelievable part of this is that the PC release is not a sure thing...I mean, how would that be possible after how well both DS and DSII sold, come on.

The screens look legit...and so B too. It'd be hilarious if they confused the screens for the upcoming Bloodborne DLC for those of DSIII. Difficult, but hilarious.

Newboi

Wow! This is pretty awesome. I didn't think we would hear about DS3 so soon.

The screenshots definitely look legit. The locations look cool so far. I really hope Miyazaki is directing this one, so we'll get the best possible title.

Once again, I'm hoping this title will bring proper closer to the story/cycle.

Maybe someone is trolling them since they did the Silent Hills rumor.

This would be one hell of an elaborate troll for someone to take the time to make all of those screenshots. Considering we're 10 days away from E3, it doesn't seem very likely.

Some of those screens look like someone shopped a new skybox into some bloodborne shots.

Some of them look original though.

Interesting.

This looks pretty much like the dark souls 1 hud right down the healthbar.

Aye, its the only shot that makes this seem dubious to me, along with the 'PC is negotiable' nonsense. The other shots look like they use a bunch of Bloodborne assets, though it being a PS4 exclusive, I'm not sure how easy that would be to fake.

Seanspeed

Banned
The fact that the PC version of both Dark Souls and Dark Souls II sold gangbusters, but PC release is only "negotiable" makes me not believe this rumor.
The fact that we're talking about a Japanese studio makes it feel more authentic than ever, given their complete and utter inability to understand western markets.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why would those guys even get anything exclusive?

I mean their other Silent Hills rumor turned out to be complete bullshit.

SpokkX

Oh shit looks AMAZING

Souls being my favorite series this makes me happy

This is real for sure, i mean look at the number of screens...

How can from software develop this and bloodborne at ghe same time?!

No idea about what the details they mention but the screens make it look legit.

Edit: between this, Fallout, Xcom and Uncharted Collection, what is there left for E3? It's like we just had half our E3 this week.

Top Bottom