• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III leaked info and screenshots [RUMOR - Better Details Write-Up]

AAMARMO

Banned
ZqlwPQ9.png

yuraya

One of the biggest surprises of E3 ruined. Damn the internet is a cruel place. If this is true than the people at FROM and Sony must be pissed. I'm guessing it will be unveiled at their conference.

kewlmyc

The fact that we're talking about a Japanese studio makes it feel more authentic than ever, given their complete and utter inability to understand western markets.

You'd think they'd understand money though. This isn't 3-4 years ago with people signing a petition. They have profits showing that releasing a PC version, even one that is busted to all hell, is highly profitable. Hell, no way Namco Bandai would just be okay with PC maybe getting a release with the way Namco has been porting everything over as of late. We're getting a One Piece musou game on PC of all things. No way Namco would be iffy on From Soft not releasing a PC version.

MrHoot

I really really hope they take more care of bloodborne first before throwing it out the window. I know there's good DLC, i hope it's just not some weak additions.

Good news about DaS3 I guess but i should be way more h yped than this. For some reason i'm not, I guess it's just because BB is still so recent and not even done yet and we're already into DaS3 news...

convo

I'll certainly be. Still hoping for further expansion of magic gameplay, suck it meatheads.
I'll hold on to my character action game then, and maybe some magic in the expansion. But glad people who missed out on a better quality game can have one finally.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Concerning the HUD, it isn't an exact copy of the Dark Souls 1. The soul count at the bottom right is different. In Dark Souls 1 and 2 it was in a box.
The line underneath is similar to Bloodborne but not the same.

One of the biggest surprises of E3 ruined. Damn the internet is a cruel place. If this is true than the people at FROM and Sony must be pissed. I'm guessing it will be unveiled at their conference.

A sequel in an highly regarded franchise is "one of the biggest surprises of E3" now ?

I'm more impressed that people could entertain the notion that those screenshots are fake. They're so believable that I would find it inconceivable.

PC release negotiable? Are you fucking kidding me!?

I mean what more do you have to do as PC gamers when DS 2 sold 2 million+. Japanese pubs are so out of touch it's insane.

Seems like some semi legit photoshop of assets from old Souls and Bloodborne. And maybe a bit of Dragon Dogma and other games.

Patapwn

I don't know about you, but I plan to enjoy any Bloodborne expansions, as well as Dark Souls III next year. Only PS4 is getting both, so consider it a bonus.

Oh don't get me wrong, I would totally be down for both. But It seems way too early to announce DS3 as it needs at least another year of development time and showing this now would only detract people from buying the BB expansion.

In short, this doesn't make sense to me.

Ryan7556

Neo Member
Ok so one thing that seems to be clear for sure (if it's real) is that it's using a similar engine to bloodborne. Actually I'm reminded partially of demon's souls as well because of the atmosphere plus medieval setting.

Skux

A small batch of screenshots... isn't this how the first Bloodborne info "leaked"? Wouldn't be surprised if this is intentional hype building for E3.

Rated-G

What ... does this mean?

One of the members of Funhaus (a part of Rooster Teeth that also helps with The Know), making light of the reception of their Silent Hills rumor news story. They actually did a pretty good explanation of that video earlier this week.

Top Bottom