• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III leaked info and screenshots [RUMOR - Better Details Write-Up]

1433540215849ngsus.jpg

How this can't be legit?

I don't believe those guys got anything exclusive.

Did they say where they got that information from?

From watching the video they say it was an anonymous source. It seems the whole channel is built upon leaks from anonymous sources. Most of the time they are wrong but the amount of evidence in this case seems like too much to ignore.

LAA

Sheeittt. E3 is looking cooler by the second! Bloodborne really got me into the DS gameplay (Or at least a "variant" of it if you will), so looking forward to more.
Was actually wondering if this could be Bloodborne dlc instead, but I notice they seem to be wearing more knight like armor and theres a shield, though if was, it would seem quite different than the base gameplay going back to sword/shield gameplay. Whatever the case, looking forward to both!

Only weird part is the "PC port is negotiable", although the first DS is probably one of the worst ports in history for PC, I thought DS games have sold pretty well on PC, and it's pretty shitty of them too to hold DS3 hostage, espicially after the DS1, and charging PC owners again to pay for scholar version (On DX11 at least, not sure for the lower versions)

wrowa

I'm more impressed that people could entertain the notion that those screenshots are fake. They're so believable that I would find it inconceivable.

The screenshots are absolutely believable, but it's just hard to believe a source that made up the dumbest rumor in years just one week ago.

rhandino

Banned
It's sarcasm...

They're making a joke about people saying they themselves made up the Silent Hill thing, they aren't actually saying this is fake. Jesus people.

sarcasm is hard

I know internet sarcasm can be hard to understand sometimes, but come one dude. They make the same joke in the video.

I'm still watching the video when that post happened, my hype is too strong rn, I'm kind of a mess.

Let the celebration continue then!!!

81wlM3u.gif

Durante

There is literally zero chance Dark Souls 3 wouldn't be day and date on PC.

Complete bullshit.
It's a Japanese company. There is a chance it's not day and date.

There's zero chance it's not coming to PC though, which is good enough for me.

The screenshots are absolutely believable, but it's just hard to believe a source that made up the dumbest rumor in years just one week ago.

They didn't make it up. They just passed it on from an anonymous source that they trusted. The same thing is happening here.

yuraya

A sequel in an highly regarded franchise is "one of the biggest surprises of E3" now ?

Of course. I am guessing there will be a trailer if its all true. It would have been big surprise but sadly the rumors and leaks started early. Now it won't be as big when they do show it.

ironcreed

Banned
Oh don't get me wrong, I would totally be down for both. But It seems way too early to announce DS3 as it needs at least another year of development time and showing this now would only detract people from buying the BB expansion.

In short, this doesn't make sense to me.

If the Bloodborne expansions come way before Dark Souls III then it is not going to be a problem. Souls fans on PS4 will enjoy both. Easy peasy.

Zornack

No way it doesn't come to PC. ~36% of DS2 sales were on PC, it has to be worthwhile for them to port it over. I'm betting on a delayed release like with DS2.

Vire

Looks a lot like Bloodborne and not a lot like Dark Souls aside from the armor.

Hmm... not sure if I like.

Dinda

Yeah that sounds like bullshit. Someone really stupid has to have gathered legit leak stuff and his own mad ramblings or something. Or this could be very early prototype stuff.

One other, bad, possibility is that they are trying to fuck over PC players, well knowing that a lot oft them are also people who would buy the game on the Consoles and then if they release it on PC 6 months later buy it there again. Scummy stuff like this of course only works if they don't announce it at first, so that people think they have to buy it console.

But like i said, this would be very scummy, because there is no way they aren't bringing this to PC after how well the first 2 games sold.

Molemitts

Holy shit. I'm convinced. I kinda didn't want Dark Souls 3 so soon, so would this mean Miyazaki rumor is true also? I found that hard to believe but I'd at least like to see him write the lore.

0racle

Guys this is the bloodbone DLC for sure ! No way its a new game 5 months after bloodborne.

Its new weapons armor and monsters in a bloodborne setting.

zma1013

looks like Bloodborne. Could be the DLC. It even looks like the kirkhammer on the second screen.

I would have said the same thing if not for the regular swords and shields and knight armor. It's Dark Souls 3. And where is this Kirkhammer looking thing you see in the second screen? I don't see it, certainly not on the character.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm.... so baffled right now. I can't tell if it's obvious fakery or legit.

Arguments for:
1) Many of those screens look legit.
2) There are many screens and assets being posted, that'd take a lot of effort to fake.
3) This can't be Bloodborne DLC despite some resemblences because you clearly see shields, magic, knight armours, etc.

Arguments against:
4) PC release being only "negotiable" has to be utter BS. PC was the lead platform for Dark Souls II, and both From and Namco know the game sold extremely well on PC.
5) The HUD is ripped straight from Dark Souls 1. Why? If it were a placeholder it'd be from Dark Souls 2 or maybe even Bloodborne, no?
6) The HUD also makes no sense. The asset for Sunlight Blade, a spell, is now an item that can have 99 of it?
7) Some of those assets are straight, and I do mean straight from Bloodborne. Statues, architecture, clothing and equipment, etc. This looks more like Bloodborne DLC at times. But, consider point #3 above...

So, to summarize:
- Some of these screens/concept artworks/assets look a lot like Bloodborne far more than anything from Dark Souls, suggesting Bloodborne DLC (especially gothic spires, statues, some articles of clothing and weapons that look like several of the BB trick weapons).
- Some of the screens/concept artworks/assets look very credibly Dark Souls, more than Bloodborne (especially shields, heavy armours, magic, castles -- yes I know BB has a castle area too), suggesting it's indeed Dark Souls 3.
- No PC version being confirmed is a red flag that throws the whole thing into question.
- The weird use of Dark Souls 1 HUD elements suggest forgery.

So yes... I'm very confused.

The fact that we're talking about a Japanese studio makes it feel more authentic than ever, given their complete and utter inability to understand western markets.
That was true of the Dark Souls days, but they learned their lesson, and the PC version of Dark Souls 2 wasn't a half-assed port coming out a year later.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Dark Souls II came out a year ago, the current-gen version 2 MONTHS ago, Bloodborne 3 months ago and there's DLC on the way.

Just how big is From Software?

PC negotiatable must be referring to the release date. With how Gung-ho Namco is about PC and how well 1&2 did it'd be idiotic to not do a PC version.

Top Bottom