• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Entertainment announces new slate of Hanna-Barbera Comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lmo911

I can't handle Shaggy. He's too preened and pretty. No goofy stoner is going to spend that much effort on his looks. And I can't imagine Shaggy not being afraid of needles.

Fred should look like that, it's the modern equivalent of what Fred represents imo. Beard and hair = ascot.

Slayven

I'm sorry...what?

254172-18692-119810-1-wizard--the-comics.jpg

Tansut

Did anyone else read that Space Ghost comic that came out some years ago? It was actually pretty neat, like The Punisher in Space or something.

styl3s

100% in with Future Quest, looks awesome.

Wacky Race Fury Road looks like it could be interesting but Scooby? My eyes can't roll out of my fucking head fast enough at hipster Shag and i don't know who green lit that or that horrific looking Flintstones.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
What part of that looks realistic?

Really, I'd like to know.

It's probably going to be crap, because Jim Lee is writing it, but still.
The proportions and level of detail especially is way more realistic than what you'd expect from scooby doo. I understand it's a comic At most i'd expect something like the Batgirl comic when I think of Scooby Doo in comic form.

Raguel

Ha. I hope this is the "Rebirth" thing dc has been teasing so i can laugh at bleeding cool again. Freaking trash site

Lijik

i hope in the wacky races comic everything is amplified to eleven except dick dastardly who is still trying to do such dastardly schemes as switching signs around

mrplaid

I was working (in my mind) on a dark, gritty reboot of Scooby Doo where Fred was a homeless vet that has just come back from a long tour in the Middle East after being kicked out of the marines. Fred, being homeless and suffering from paranoid delusions after his dishonorable discharge, falls in with Shaggy, his only confidant who also happens to be a drug dealer that lives in a van with his dog, and they roam southwestern part of the US looking for legitimate work. Shaggy also believes he can talk to his dog, Scooby, but he's the only one that can hear him. They meet an ex-prostitute named Daphne who is on the run from her former employers during their adventures and she decides to travel with them. And Velma's there something something...

Nikodemos

The Scooby Doo one is all kinds of confusing. The gang seem to have been Shadowrun-ed, with Fred and Daphne becoming street samurai, Shaggy being a shaman, Scooby a spiritseer and Velma a rigger. The big question is, however, why does it seem like they are fighting against the Tzimisce Cathedral of Flesh from Vampire: The Masquerade? It's from a completely different universe.

I don't think I can take Space Ghost seriously if he's a legit hero. He's still an Adult Swim character in my eyes.
The proportions and level of detail especially is way more realistic than what you'd expect from scooby doo. I understand it's a comic At most i'd expect something like the Batgirl comic when I think of Scooby Doo in comic form.
Well it has Shaggy as a hipster with a sleeve and Scooby shooting out emojis so there's your Batgirl comparison. I'm sure there will also be social media gags.

SeanTSC

I was working (in my mind) on a dark, gritty reboot of Scooby Doo where Fred was a homeless vet that has just come back from a long tour in the Middle East after being kicked out of the marines. Fred, being homeless and suffering from paranoid delusions after his dishonorable discharge, falls in with Shaggy, his only confidant who also happens to be a drug dealer that lives in a van with his dog, and they roam southwestern part of the US looking for legitimate work. Shaggy also believes he can talk to his dog, Scooby, but he's the only one that can hear him. They meet an ex-prostitute named Daphne who is on the run from her former employers during their adventures and she decides to travel with them. And Velma's there something something...

Hrm.... I'd watch that if it was on HBO. Also, it should be done by the guys who did The Wire.

It's hard to get excited by this mostly because Adult Swim has pillaged all of this IP and I can't take it seriously anymore. Seriously, Brak is not a villain that's going to be met with anything but laughter. Space Ghost is going to have that voice no matter how serious he's trying to be. Birdman's still a lawyer. Johnny Quest is still on his way to his first overdose before moving into Jonas Venture's bomb shelter.

Savitar

I'm probably the only one who doesn't mind the changes, you got to try new things now and then. They've kinda followed the same ol formulas forever with little change. Maybe it will be garbage. Maybe it will be good. Who knows until it's out and we find out.

ZarKryn7

If there's a Hanna Barbera property DC should tackle on, its gotta be swat kats.
BTW, I'm glad the show is getting revived.
swat-kats-.jpg

1006272-maxresdefaultcopy-1449585561-620-640x480.JPG

Flintstones-promo.jpg

Fred Redfield's going to punch rocks here and there!

One thing to note is that, thoroughly unlike the Scooby-Doo and Wacky Races books, the characters haven't actually been redesigned at all. That's literally just Amanda Conner drawing the Flintstones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom