• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Entertainment announces new slate of Hanna-Barbera Comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
One thing to note is that, thoroughly unlike the Scooby-Doo and Wacky Races books, the characters haven't actually been redesigned at all. That's literally just Amanda Conner drawing the Flintstones.

well, the extremely tired Flintstones

but also: Mark Russell is writing, and the most recent thing he did is Prez, which is super great and hilarious, so that's gonna own

well, the extremely tired Flintstones

but also: Mark Russell is writing, and the most recent thing he did is Prez, which is super great and hilarious, so that's gonna own

Russell is enough to get me interested, but the contrast between his work with Ben Caldwell on Prez and the barely changed, 1960s-esque character designs here is... odd.

rakhir

I guess the only way they could make Daphne hotter for me is to make Jim Lee draw her. That's cool.

Future Quest looks fun, but I still would have preferred New Jonny Quest, with Jessie Bannon.

Seeing these designs kinda makes me want a tv show with them instead of a comic. Especially the Future Quest one as I'm still waiting for another Johnny Quest show like The Real Adventures. That show was great.

Lol at Space Marine Daphne and hipster Shaggy though.

scooby-doo-jim-lee_612x380.jpg

Jesus

fellow_kids_steve_buscemi.gif

Been saying this for years, Jim Lee is a good penciler, but a terrible designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom