• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Discussion (12/2016 trailer)

Gameplay pending, this looks worthy of purchase if it has a same day pc release. But Kojima is rather dumb and weak willed with publishing decisions, so probably... no.

Deadstar

This was such a cool trailer. I wish more games could be more creative instead of giving us the same military garbage that comes out every year.

zoukka

Everything looks cool, but I don't trust Kojimas storytelling skills at all after MGS5 and Peace Walker.

He lost his golden touch a decade ago.

Luq

Fuck you Kojima, srsly.

I'm always trying to keep calm about any game release and dont fall for the hype but your freaking trailers are ruining everything! Even though I still have no clue what this game is about.

Auctopus

I don't really know what real-time means anymore as it's thrown around so much but Mads looked unbelievably life-like.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Interesting. Looks like you have to carry a replacement around for when the goo gets you so you can transfer. Then you're a baby in a container don't know how that works.

Locuza

4chan leaks are so awesome it could be GOAT , daaim I want to forget it :(
Yeah, don't read the 4chan stuff just in case (I idiot did it).
I think the leaks were legit, everything sounds quite awesome.
It might be the Neon Genesis Evangelion of Games.

Is Toro only in the trailer and not the actual game?

Also the skin shader looks similar to the of the Fox Engine.
Unknown. I believe it is just a cameo since Del Toro is definitely not an actor.

I believe they are still using the same tech they used in MGSV to photo capture the actors, that's why they look similar. There's 0% chance Konami gave them the Fox Engine unfortunately.

Unknown. I believe it is just a cameo since Del Toro is definitely not an actor.

I believe they are still using the same tech they used in MGSV to photo capture the actors, that's why they look similar. There's 0% chance Konami gave them the Fox Engine unfortunately.

I hope Del Toro has a proper role in the game. It suits him really well and can be a good supporting character.

sjay1994

Ah man... I love this feeling.

Kojima game speculation feeling.

Anyways, my guess is the fetus in the capsule in Del Toro's character's hand will grow into Norman Reedus's character.

Explains why the dead fetus on the ground had a similar scar to Reedus in the first trailer.

liquidtmd

Banned
Pretentious, deliberately ambiguous trailers for another two years at least and maybe a game at the end.

After MGS V, unless Kojima has hired a new editor, I can't say I'm chomping at the bit for news about it.

Will definitely play and give it a fair shout on release though, he's had more hits than misses.

I don't really know what real-time means anymore as it's thrown around so much but Mads looked unbelievably life-like.

It means the trailer was running in real-time. Simple.

That doesn't mean the final game will look like this because remember that the game should look and run the same on every scene. Whether it's an action heavy scene with AI and real-time physics or a calm and empty scene like the one we just saw. They'll have to compromise.

Uncharted 4's reveal trailer was running in real-time. I still think the PS4 could pull that off but it can't run the tower collapsing scene for example with the same graphics fidelity, so they had to tone the whole game down to make it consistent.

Miracle

Cool trailer, but I also have no idea what's going on here. So at the same time, hard for me to get excited until we see some actual gameplay footage.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I bet it borrows heavily from 2001: A Space Odyssey and Dante.

Using Monoliths/Black Holes to transport Spaceman Reedus between various segments of hell.

Xliskin

Yeah, don't read the 4chan stuff just in case (I idiot did it).
I think the leaks were legit, everything sounds quite awesome.
It might be the Neon Genesis Evangelion of Games.

Yeah it sounds legit but yet somehow conflict with the trailers
isn't he/she trying to say the story will be less focusing on cut scenes and you trying to find it with the world dark souls style but less I would say ?!! but if this the case we have alot of characters need to be developed

Ah man... I love this feeling.

Kojima game speculation feeling.
You feel it too don't you?

I know most people hate that this game was announced before it was even in full production but I'm looking forward to the next few years of hype. I will be there every step of the way.

Trailer has me really interested. This is probably an idea Kojima's had for quite some time, but his attachment to Metal Gear has stifled it until now.

Giving Kojima the freedom to do whatever he wants and all those actors and Del Toro, I think this is gonna be the biggest SIE production.

I agree. I think it'll be a console seller for the PS5 and Sony is banking on that.

That was fucking amazing. Kojima really is one of a kind. I wish more western games tried to be creative like this

I think he's one of the only, if not the only, game director who's been able to successfully marry western game mechanics with the Japanese ethos. And on top of that he has a fantastic cinematic eye. I have a feeling Death Stranding will be a showcase of all those things coming together.

Top Bottom