• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Discussion (12/2016 trailer)

Ratrat

No? Really? Enjoy your ignorance. As much as you want this one to be a winner it isn't gonna happen. Remember the strong Kojima game that just failed? This is that - just new and bigger and more expensuve. Not enough people care.

You were selfish and precious. & lost.
What do you mean it failed? Its sold really well and is the highest rated original game this generation.

SGABANG

Neo Member
RzH9VEM.png

anyone can read what is written below?

valkyre

So I guess in Death Stranding's world you are connected via an techy umbilical cord thing to a baby you will have to protect? And in general other characters are connected with others in similar fashion, like the evil dude or the tank?

Seems like a weird fusion of organic and tech material.

Weird.

Cant wait XD

mf.luder

That song right at the end has total phantom pain vibes. Love it!

This trailer is fucking crazy, no clue what's going on. Kojima going off the rails and it's fantastic.

Edit: the song I'm thinking of is elegia - new order, used in a mgsv trailer.

No? Really? Enjoy your ignorance. As much as you want this one to be a winner it isn't gonna happen. Remember the strong Kojima game that just failed? This is that - just new and bigger and more expensuve. Not enough people care.

You were selfish and precious. & lost.

...what the fuck are you talking about?

If English is not your first language now is the time to declare it because I'm not accepting that excuse later.

Edit: judging from your other posts here I can see you're just trying too hard.

EVH

When the baby toy touches Mads, looks like he remembers something and appears in a flashback, because he doesn't even have the black woo all over his face in that second.

The baby is silent hills and the zombie army is Konami represented by a mixture of mgs and silent hill imagery. They're coming to kill kojima/del toro/reedus baby

What do you mean it failed? Its sold really well and is the highest rated original game this generation.

Yes! Did so well - sold so well that they abandoned it. Is this the thread that people begin to understand that the AAA party is over? There aren't gonna be enough Kojima supporters to validate this game. You'll see when it releases.

Embearded

Mind blown, body still in place, not really sure what i just watched but it was fantastic!
This is why we love Kojima! He even included Del Toro as a character!

Another SAD day at Konami headquarters.... Play with your fucking pachinko machines you fools!

valkyre

Does Mads look like he is from the Future compared to the other stuff we see in the trailer?

Also the guy with the baby looks like he is from the future as well.

Their gear is way advanced. The rest of the world looks like its like WWII era, while the main characters look more advanced. Look at the weapons, gear.

Foxxsoxx

Okay I was interested before, but now you have my attention Kojima. Love me some Mads.

Crazy just like all the other masterful trailers they produce, I'm on board.

Mads looked amazing. Kojima does enigmatic like no one else. I loved this trailer so much. I also instantly thought of Gyo. Glad so many others in the thread see that too.

I just noticed something, the rainbow is upside down, but at the very beginning of the trailer they show the reflection of it in the water in which it appears "normal"...and it also seems to disappear...hmmm maybe thinking too much or purposefully showed the reflection of it to appear normal?

____

Yes! Did so well - sold so well that they abandoned it. Is this the thread that people begin to understand that the AAA party is over? There aren't gonna be enough Kojima supporters to validate this game. You'll see when it releases.

I feel like someone's gonna be able to dig this up 3 years from now for max damage.

Markoman

Wow, you can say about Kojima's work what you want, but when it comes to trailers this guy is far ahead the competition. Wat did I just watch?

Does Mads look like he is from the Future compared to the other stuff we see in the trailer?

Also the guy with the baby looks like he is from the future as well.

Their gear is way advanced. The rest of the world looks like its like WWII era, while the main characters look more advanced. Look at the weapons, gear.

Yup! Safe to expect that time travel will play a role in the game. A thought that came to mind was the antagonist time traveling back to a certain era, for whatever the reason, and awakening the dead with strands (given the skeletal soldiers and the like).

Firebrand

I don't think this is to me as I don't really like Kojima's stuff, but the setting is intriguing and yeah, it looks pretty darn good.

I hope the tentacle and black goo means Lovecraftian apocalypse!

Ratrat

We'll see. Kojima has a streak of 5 AAA console games with a 93+ Metacritic score. A new IP will attract new players on top of millions of old fans if he delivers.

pronk420

Interesting how the soldiers, tanks and planes make it seem WW2 themed and then Mikkelsen's character comes in with modern gear.

Yeah I thought that was interesting, at first because of the planes I assumed everything was WW2 era, but then looking back at it possibly its just the planes? I'm not sure about the soldiers on the bridge, did they have modern equipment?

Pif

Banned
Just hoping for something that isn't a military sneaky beaky sim like MGSV.

I want something at the last of us level Kojima, please.

hughesta

Banned
The cords going from Mads into the soldiers reminded me of the power cables in Evangelion. Wonder if he supplies power to them somehow, and if they can operate at full capacity only for a limited time when severed from him.

Wonder if the player character can do the same thing.
Quoting this because I feel very confident about it. No proof those soldiers are actually people- maybe we're fighting a war with no soldiers left.

Honest question, how is Kojima friends with so many people in Hollywood and they respect him so much? I find it somewhat hard to believe they all play Metal Gear

Honest question, how is Kojima friends with so many people in Hollywood and they respect him so much? I find it somewhat hard to believe they all play Metal Gear

Dude LOVES hollywood to the point of near obsession I'd say, so it's no surprise he has come onto a couple of contacts in the film industry over the years.

SJRB

Gold Member
Ludvig Forsell did the music in the trailer, so that's another one from the MGSV team.

alt27

So fucking strange,but so fascinating. Cant wait to find out more about the gameplay in the coming years

Embearded

I don't think they play Metal Gear but they must have heard about it and maybe checked it out every time Konami tried to start the production for a movie.

When the baby toy touches Mads, looks like he remembers something and appears in a flashback, because he doesn't even have the black woo all over his face in that second.

Crazy theory but when the right eye opened when it touched him it almost looks like a person awoke from that baby. Almost like it was trapped in that baby following that scream. There has to be a reason why that baby doll has stitches on it's stomach because Del Toro has stitches on his forehead.

I still wonder what type of game this will be. Will it be big on stealth? Will it be like a David Cage game?(lol) First person? Third person? Multiple playable characters?

I could see maybe playing as Reedus and him being more combat oriented and playing as Del Toro and it being more sneaking around and puzzle solving or something.

Whompa02

Either A: they played his games and liked them or B: has a really good recruiting agency and some high up executive producer behind the scenes making some great casting calls.

Top Bottom