• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Discussion (12/2016 trailer)

An honest one.

6n0UG5l.jpg

Jesus holy fuck; do you think this about everyone who has any kind of skin blemish?! What a weird thing to say.

KORNdoggy

by far the most intriguing game coming out. it's kinda funny though how they've managed to make cinematics in an off the shelf engine look exactly the same as the fox engine, which they spent years crafting in-house for konami...you gotta wonder, what was the point?

____

by far the most intriguing game coming out. it's kinda funny though how they've managed to make cinematics in an off the shelf engine look exactly the same as the fox engine, which they spent years crafting in-house for konami...you gotta wonder, what was the point?

I can only think mechanics since we haven't seen gameplay yet but also hope that's not the reason since the Fox engine was rock solid.

Then again GGs engine is also pretty impressive.

Guymelef

But it's only the scenes, we don't know what are the aiming for in game.
Maybe it's an open world 30fps game under the new engine.

mejin

There is no confirmation regardless. I'd say the chances are high that the opposite is the case and that the game does come to PC but published by Sony, and they recoup more money that way from a wider audience. Still, you'd have to wait and see since there is no way Sony or KojiPro will talk about it till the time comes

Sure, it's just speculation for now. I'm just saying that the potential for this game is great to have as an exclusive for Playstation since I feel Sony does not need or want (for now at least) to take MS route. I understand multis are the what sell consoles nowadays, but big exclusives still matter for manufacturers like Sony and Nintendo. People expect this from them, people buy their systems for it.

It's not about worry to recoup more money from the game IMO but about value and appeal for the playstation platform. Yoshida already told us that 2 or 3 games of 10 they launch are sucessful. It's enough for them to maintain the risk to invest in new ips. Sure, Kojima's project will be expensive but I don't believe it will be so much more as other behemoths from others first party like ND, GG or SM. We can remember how unfortunately The Order was a big disappointment too and was an expensive project.

So I have watched the trailer again and I'm having a hard time believing that what I'm seeing is running real time on the Pro. It. looks too good!

But then again, I thought the same when MGSV was revealed.

MGSV is an impressive accomplishment on current gen, but sometimes forget that it was still a cross-gen game. With last gen not holding them back I have a lot of confidence in what they will be able to pull off.

I'm so happy to see Kojima free.

Nzyme32

Sure, it's just speculation for now. I'm just saying that the potential for this game is great to have as an exclusive for Playstation since I feel Sony does not need or want (for now at least) to take MS route. I understand multis are the what sell consoles nowadays, but big exclusives still matter for manufacturers like Sony and Nintendo. People expect this from them, people buy their systems for it.

It's not about worry to recoup more money from the game IMO but about value and appeal for the playstation platform. Yoshida already told us that 2 or 3 games of 10 they launch are sucessful. It's enough for them to maintain the risk to invest in new ips. Sure, Kojima's project will be expensive but I don't believe it will be so much more as other behemoths from others first party like ND, GG or SM. We can remember how unfortunately The Order was a big disappointment too and was an expensive project.

Well, if I had to bet, I'd bet the opposite. We'll see several years after it launches.

Either way, it is still a big "exclusive" whether it comes to PC or not. Sony and KojiPro will say nothing and it will sell PS4 systems as big exclusive marketed as such, because it is till it isn't.

KORNdoggy

Well, if I had to bet, I'd bet the opposite. We'll see several years after it launches.

Either way, it is still a big "exclusive" whether it comes to PC or not. Sony and KojiPro will say nothing and it will sell PS4 systems as big exclusive marketed as such, because it is till it isn't.

if they're using a sony owned engine (sucker punches, or GG's, whatever), i don't think you'll ever see it on PC. if it's some third party engine like unreal, then maybe.

Mar Nosso

Banned

Off the shelf?

Guerrilla Games has spent years polishing their engine, just like Kojima did with the Fox Engine. Hence probably why he went with it now. Mayhap you're a bit too much in love with the dude to the point of disrespecting others' work.

Holy shit what a trailer!! The visuals and aesthetic are insane, I'm sure that's basically gonna be near gameplay quality visuals.

Mads and Del Torro in this too, I cant. Just what the fuck is going on with the babies, strands dead sea creatures, planes and skeleton soldiers?? Ahhhhhh Kojima!!!

The only fucked up thing is we have to probably wait until 2020 to play this.

Off the shelf?

Guerrilla Games has spent years polishing their engine, just like Kojima did with the Fox Engine. Hence probably why he went with it now. Mayhap you're a bit too much in love with the dude to the point of disrespecting others' work.

I think he's questioning why did they bother making their own engine when they could have worked with another. Cuz you know, game engines with day and night cycles and everything else they need just fall out of the sky.

They didn't have access to Sony exclusive engines made by their teams when they were with Konami. I'm baffled at the question.

I think my favorite part of the teaser was the bit after it ended when Geoff Keighley says "Oh my God! Death Stranding, Hideo Kojima. Absolutely incredible. I gotta tell you, what you just saw there-" like, come on Geoff, you're as clueless as the rest of us!

Nzyme32

if they're using a sony owned engine (sucker punches, or GG's, whatever), i don't think you'll ever see it on PC. if it's some third party engine like unreal, then maybe.

That's why I said we'll see. Things do indeed change, but you won't know for years anyway

WOW just wow. There is a flipped grey crab at the beginning of the video that has eggs hooked to it and the black wire is tied to the eggs. It seems that wires are tied to anything that gives birth: Human stomach, fetuses, eggs etc.. The amount of details in this game is astonishing.

n4K1NsH.jpg

I'm so happy that in this day and age Kojima got the chance to just go fucking mental and do whatever he wanted. Honestly, this just looks a breath of fresh air with all the crazy shit going on.

Top Bottom