• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Discussion (12/2016 trailer)

Markoman

How about starting speculation on what kind of game it will be: stealth, shooter, melee based? Any ideas?

If it's another story-driven, cinematic, 3rd person cover shooter, I will eat my own balls. Fuck that...

Elixist

looked awesome. gave me MGS4 vibes with the living machines and color pallette. Mads is a great get, dude was amazing in Hannibal.

sappyday

How about starting speculation on what kind of game it will be: stealth, shooter, melee based? Any ideas?

If it's another story-driven, cinematic, 3rd person cover shooter, I will eat my own balls. Fuck that...
It'll be a mixture of a bunch of genres I think . I can't wait to see it in action

Cepheus

The trailers look like something from Cool 3D World with a bigger budget. More please! I didn't expect to be interested in this game, but it's starting to look like I'll definitely be getting it.

Wow looking back in this thread at the rumours Idris Elba might be involved.
Kojima is going all out with casting!

Too good for PS4, at least looking like that. It's meant to have a PC version, so I'm guessing that's what trailers will represent.

I don't see how these visuals can't be accomplished on the Pro with 3+ years of development ahead.

UC4 on base PS4 is incredible visually.
This doesn't seem out the realm of possibility on the Pro machine at 30fps.

Forkball

cyp7drduuaaaxiw7qsv4.jpg

Cannot wait for the Del Toro amiibo.

That was a trailer. A trailer for a video game. I don't know what you do in it, or what it's about... but it was 100% a thing I saw.

Feels a lot like MSG, only turned up to 11 and on crack, cannot wait for this.

The in engine cut scenes looks great, wonder how good the actual gameplay will look.

Luq

Huh what? Amazing visuals surely pre-rendered or uncharted 4 teaser level of trickery...Running on ps4 PRO you say? well then.

IN YOUR FACE NAYSAYERS!! This is the real reason to upgrade :p

Well, maybe we should first compare it with version for classic PS4? No? Ok.

Angry Fork

This is so pretentious and silly to me. I don't get excited by famous faces and unexplained randomness. I'd rather them just wait until they had something real to show.

monreader

Neo Member
Holy shit, this game looks insane. Going to be balls to the wall crazy. I would love to know what goes on in Kojima's mind. I have never once asked myself so much question's after seeing a trailer. After this, I want too know so so much. Hopefully there is more to come tomorrow at PSX.

hwy_61

Banned
Once they show some gameplay, I'm checking out of watching anymore trailers. Yes, Kojima is a fantastic trailer director, but that motherfucker shows too much.

Kain

Kojima can't do no wrong, he just can't. Of all the actors in the world he picks Mads. MADS. This is insane

Nibel

This looks absolutely outstanding and is my most anticipated game together with Zelda.

Some thoughts

- It seems like there is some kind of parasite that is capable of controlling machines such as those air planes and that tank; I also think that the parasite is capable of taking over human corpses like those dead soldiers and making them move. Question is: do they that on their own or is there something controlling them?

- The themes of life/birth and death seem to play a major role in this game; the enemy soliders are basically human skeletons, there are carcasses of dead animals everywhere and Del Torro is carrying a human baby (which I assume is something rare and something that Mads' character is looking for)

- Del Torro's badge says "United Cities of America"; could this take place in a futuristic post-apocalypse US?

- Del Torro has those same handcuffs on his right hand as Norman Reedus; I assume both have been kept in captivity and managed to escape. Could that baby be the child of Reedus? Del Torro also has a huge scar on his head

- Mads is capable of controlling the skeleton soldiers and has that weird black substance on his face that you see everywhere; I assume that this black substance comes from the parasites and could be the cause of the wildlife being dead. Could this kill humans as well? Del Torro wears gloves and shit, and if that substance is dangerous then Mads appears to be immune

Really pumped for this shit

Mads being in is a plus for me as I'm a fan. Would have still preferred some gameplay but at least we've transitioned from the initial trailer which was great but looked more like concept to a trailer that you can see some of the game settings as well as the atmosphere it's going for. Kojima met a lot of actors recently so who knows who might show up.

filly

Without a shadow of a doubt, that was Kojima telling us all Del Toro is part of this project. He made that character just different enough to give you a seed of doubt, but that is the intention here, don't be fooled though, it's all intentional.

saher

Banned
This looks absolutely outstanding and is my most anticipated game together with Zelda.

Some thoughts

- It seems like there is some kind of parasite that is capable of controlling machines such as those air planes and that tank; I also think that the parasite is capable of taking over human corpses like those dead soldiers and making them move. Question is: do they that on their own or is there something controlling them?

- The themes of life/birth and death seem to play a major role in this game; the enemy soliders are basically human skeletons, there are carcasses of dead animals everywhere and Del Torro is carrying a human baby (which I assume is something rare and something that Mads' character is looking for)

- Del Torro's badge says "United Cities of America"; could this take place in a futuristic post-apocalypse US?

- Del Torro has those same handcuffs on his right hand as Norman Reedus; I assume both have been kept in captivity and managed to escape. Could that baby be the child of Reedus? Del Torro also has a huge scar on his head

- Mads is capable of controlling the skeleton soldiers and has that weird black substance on his face that you see everywhere; I assume that this black substance comes from the parasites and could be the cause of the wildlife being dead. Could this kill humans as well? Del Torro wears gloves and shit, and if that substance is dangerous then Mads appears to be immune

Really pumped for this shit

It feels like an otherworld, Del Torro character looks a bit different from the rest...more modern.

Pachimari

Del Toro is in this? What character is he playing?

And do we know what Nicolas Regan's involvement is?

I love that my favorite actor Mads Mikkelsen is in this!

raven777

I assume Del Toro's name is not on the poster is probably because his role will be small compared to main cast like Reedus or Mads.

Top Bottom