• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 Reveal Livestream [Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dh4niel

pg66SAc.gif

Environments look great but every else looks meh. I look forward to being blown away by whatever they show next though.

This audience will hoot at anything.

Aikidoka

So the dungeons are new? Sounds like it could be pretty good, I wonder if you can just stumble upon them or if you need an NPC to mark your map.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Goddamn that was the longest lead up to a feature reveal ever.

But, it's pretty clear now that Bungie is adding features that they had to cut corners on for Destiny 1. This is the fleshed out Destiny that they tried but didn't completely deliver last time. I can totally see Raid matchmaking coming soon.

InPlosion

It is amusing to see bungie doing the exact same mistakes blizzard has done with wow, like clan/guild based progression+reward system.

hydruxo

If you think this looks like an expansion pack...lol

It's looking great. They're expanding on what everyone loved about the first game.

On the graphics bit, theres definitely better particle and lighting effects.

But they are reusing some animations, most apparent in some of the reloading and when the Sentinel/Dawnblaxe were swinging their shield and sword.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Survival games are not graphical stunners and the performance on every single one of them is sketchy at best.

MMORPG's operate pretty differently, needing individual permanent server clusters that the game runs on. Destiny needs to be client based and allow players from all over to group up.

It's not just that. This game is fully real-time combat. There isn't any kind of the usual FFXIV or WoW like combat here.

Shito

Meh, only game where I could tolerate such an emotional PR would be Destiny, really... anyone who participated in the GAF OTs and played or talked with Drizzay will probably understand...

geordiemp

The way they're talking about this is just infuriating. It seems like they're content to just iterate on Destiny, but Destiny was not good. There was a ton of downtime. "Grinding" was a huge part of the game. The moment-to-moment gameplay wasn't that good. There just wasn't enough content.

"A new raid"
"Updates to crucible"
"A 3-stage boss"

Incremental improvements aren't going to be enough for me :-\

But I bet you will play Mario Kart 21 same old and not wimper a thing.

Whatever man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom