• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2's PS4 Exclusive Content will Arrive on PC and Xbox One in 2018

alt27

For a game like Destiny that's still a lot of stuff, whether it affects progression or not.

It did effect Destiny 1 though, not the progression but the game was in desperate need for more content.

Dont get me wrong, I think the deal is terrible in its length, I was just saying DLC wont make the exclusives 'pointless' in anyway when it hits other platforms, as I read the post I responded to that somehow they affected the progression.

As for the content point, I can see your points but not sure that one pvp map and one strike make a huge difference to Destiny.

In destiny, if you get bored of running strikes/pvp, one new map wont make much of a difference as you will be bored of the actual activity itself imo. Will wait and see how many strikes etc are in the sequel compared with the original. Hopefully a decent sum more.

I can actually see destiny 2 being way less grindy than destiny 1 at launch and they will be bombarding players with paid dlcs and timed events to keep things ticking over. I dont think they will be making the same mistakes of D1 vannilla. I think thats why the delayed the game partly, to try and get the dlc production line a bit more prepped for more constant releases.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What kind of content is it? Maps, missions, skins?

First is gear sets for each class, most are not worth it stat wise, its more of a fashionista thing than anything else
You don't get handed it to you in anyway, it's just random drops in Loot pool through Engrams
This might change for 2, but I highly doubt it

Next is PvP map, this is a little fucked up, cause MP wise, you would want parity between all 3 platforms, giving extra map for a year, really is salt in the wound

Strike I think is not a big deal, cause even in Destiny, it just felt tacked on item to a bulletproof point of exclusives. The rewards were piss poor, most just ran it once or twice to see what the big deal was and it became an afterthought. It didn't really attach to Destiny and felt one off. No one was grinding those exclusive strikes for Loot.

Last is the Exotic, most of the Exotics kept away from XB1 weren't spectacular, but again fucked up, you give one player base the whole arsenal, while rest have to wait
The Borealis Sniper looks fucking OP, change to all 3 Elements at anytime, kind of sexy exotic that if becomes a staple in say Raids or a sought after exotic, XB1/PC will feel the pain more

I've played Destiny religiously since Alpha, if I didn't get health issues, I would've easily clocked in 10,000 hours gameplay wise, DestinyGAF can attest to that
Hell most DGAF when it started I was there farming patrols and destination materials to such a stockpiling degree, that DrDrizzay (RIP) a true friend of DGAF helped level my chars up to help for my return to the game, that he got them done so quick, cause I future proofed myself by almost 1.5 years worth (that's how long I was sidelined)

Jblanks

I'm surprised the timed exclusive is so long. It's a lot of content to hold back from people. I feel like releasing it so late is kind of pointless (apart from the map).

Also, I'm not sure if this deserves it's own thread (because it's big news), but there'll be no beards in Destiny 2.
I don't kick you guys while you're down, but it's just the facts.
Are they adding anything to customization or are we getting the same shallow crappy character creator, and end up seeing my doppelganger every time I go to 'the farm'?

Drewboy64

At least it'll arrive, I guess. I'm gonna be playing on PS4, but it's still BS that there are so many exclusives for playstation

Skyzard

Banned
Good news really.

Last dlc was platform locked and quite significant from what I've read. A few months of exclusivity I don't really care, though I'm not huge in destiny but I am interested in picking it up on PC, which looks great.

...And the last reason I had to double dip PS4 and PC has vanished, thanks guys!

I'll just be waiting for PC Version (and upgrading my videocard I guess)

Behlel

What? No it would be better for them if this content wasnt exclusive for a whole fucking year.
Why? Those 60 million user benefit the content and know that it's exclusive for an year. What benefit they have if the content is on the other platform?

Why? Those 60 million user benefit the content and know that it's exclusive for an year. What benefit they have if the content is on the other platform?
For that year that it's exclusive:
- Xur will never offer that weapon
- The strike will never be a Nightfall
- The pvp map will never be part of Trials of the Nine

pitchfork

Such a fucking cunt move from bungie/activision/sony (dunno who's the guilty party)

makes the game a no buy for me, but yeah yeah, I'm sure the game will sell millions and we'll be dealing with the same crap when destiny 3 rolls round..

MilkyJoe

I wouldn't buy this turd anyway, but if i were you guys I would buy it then and from CeX

Such a fucking cunt move from bungie/activision/sony (dunno who's the guilty party)

makes the game a no buy for me, but yeah yeah, I'm sure the game will sell millions and we'll be dealing with the same crap when destiny 3 rolls round..

The sad truth.

Caayn

So the only benefit for Playstation players here is: Haha we've got more content than you.

2QU07XO.png

Lom1lo

Nightfall, Iron Banner, Trials, Xur
If the content wasnt exclusive they would have more use of it. The only benefit is knowing that the others can’t get it at all, wow great. If you take this over integrating this stuff properly into the game for a whole year, yeah than you are a blind fanboy imo.

Kuosi

Sony offered Activision money, Activision likes money, this is the result.

Top Bottom