• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT23| This Train is Bound for Mercury

123rl

Sigh, I have the worst luck in this game...

MBQZZiP.gif

Context: I was levelling up my Hunter, almost to 20, and I had a bounty to hit 9000xp without dying. This happened when I was on 8700. The worst luck!

ocean

Banned
Sigh, I have the worst luck in this game...

MBQZZiP.gif

Context: I was levelling up my Hunter, almost to 20, and I had a bounty to hit 9000xp without dying. This happened when I was on 8700. The worst luck!
Oh man that's worth it just for that GIF. Gold! Haha nice of you to capture the moment. Sucks it didn't happen 300XP later though :p

Also, fuck you Variks! :) STR and Shank burn is just...not funny anymore. On a positive note, I'm really excited about trying Skolas with no burn.

Jinjo

Perfect, thanks! I'm guessing Black Hammer staggering him? Or would the lack of a burn stop that from working...

Titan + Peregrine Greaves + Shoulder Charge

I'm kidding, just play it out legit now, gjallarhorn him to death while handling adds. Lack of burn will get you overrun by adds and you can't kill him quick enough before the mines start spawning.

Spiders

Titan + Peregrine Greaves + Shoulder Charge

I'm kidding, just play it out legit now, gjallarhorn him to death while handling adds.

Taking into consideration the fact that it takes about 30+ rockets with WoL to kill him with Solar Burn enabled I won't even bother trying.

As a PvE player I'm extremely excited I get to show off this ugly Titan helmet while Egyptian gods walk around me.

To be fair, that was the PVP players problem before HoW. Raid gear was only way to be 30 and 32. Iron Banner gear couldn't get one there unless you played several events over months.

Shito

PoE 34 should be easy this week. Nightfall is ridiculous though - why make it so easy?
Because it's fun?
We're running these every week, x3, I think we are way past wanting it to be a "challenge" now. Especially seeing Bungie's notion of "challenge"...

Jinjo

The Sepiks Prime-esque enemy, no burn, modifier is increased damage when airborne. The encounter doesn't have mechanics (cf Quadron, Skolas) IIRC.

Get any good loot?

Ah yeah that's the pre-Skolas boss. How is poe 35? Any changes in the rounds before Skolas? Last week was exactly the same as the week before that except for the different burn at Skolas. Kinda boring that they barely change up the lv 35 one.

Edit; wow, so not a single change to the rounds pre-Skolas on poe 35...

9-0 got on my Hunter right before the reset. I've got seven 9-0 cards under my belt now. Have a full set of ToO armor on my Hunter so unless the roll on the gloves or helmet are better than my current ones I kinda doubt I'll put much effort into getting to the lighthouse on her again. Still no Jewel of Osiris, Eye of Sol, or Astral Horizon tho :(

Highlight of the night's games was definitely coming back from a 4-0 stomping by a team of 3 matador 64 blink shot gunners. Dude's completely choked omg.

Looking at these crummy rolls on the PoE helms makes me think I'll just be skipping PVE content again this week. I don't really need anything from IB but I think it'll be fun to play a more competitive mode with 6 players instead of 3 once again.

MrS

Banned
Because it's fun?
We're running these every week, x3, I think we are way past wanting it to be a "challenge" now. Especially seeing Bungie's notion of "challenge"...
I respect your view but easy isn't fun to me. Trials was fun because it was challenging. The NFs are merely a formality this week due to the modifiers.

Shito

Eh, I mean you can ascend the raid gear so its no big deal anymore.
It's nice to have new shiny things.
The main beef from the PVE side of HoW is that all the new gear is ugly / generally weaker than the old raids gear. It's really cool we can now upgrade all legendaries to the max level, but it would have been even cooler to have new ones to look out for.

I respect your view but easy isn't fun to me. NF is merely a formality this week. Trials was fun because it's challenging.
I don't know, I like challenge in games, but the kind of challenge Bungie likes to put forth really is not my kind of thing.
Having all the modifiers work against you so that you are forced to play the game hidding behind a crate / rock at all time is not fun to me. ^^

Rainmaker

Banned
Eh, I mean you can ascend the raid gear so its no big deal anymore.

The raid gear with all of the gritty spikes and the raid gear that makes me look like a bottle opener. Maybe if I had Etheric light... All I was saying is that I wish all of the gear was good for everyone. ToO armor is by far the best looking thing they've put together and that's fine. I hope to get it all one day. Didn't mean to get anybody all on the offensive. Guess I could have worded it better or something?

Maybe in Comet they will balance it out even more.

Here's to hoping. The game has come a long ways but there's still so much wrong with it.

Top Bottom