• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Don't need 7 headshots, just 3 to proc triple tap. Rest can be body shots as long as they kill in one bullet.

I thought that I did that multiple times and didn't get that part of the quest completed. I found it hard to like up three quick headshots on thrall on siege of the Warmind with that gun though... They bounce up and down a lot and run at you pretty quickly. Aiming for the head caused me a lot of misses. Ugh.

Hard to win Iron Banner when youve been up for 24 hours, lol. Just wanna hit rank 3.

Side note, i haven't seen anything besides the class items drop

i've also been up for 24 hours designing some stuff. was about to go to bed but the thought that luke might be watching scared me so looks like i'm staying up for a few more hours.

been learning google sketchup. using this with a touchscreen feels so good. i wish there was a modelling community for destiny so i could download some of its maps in 3D and fly around them.

I thought that I did that multiple times and didn't get that part of the quest completed. I found it hard to like up three quick headshots on thrall on siege of the Warmind with that gun though... They bounce up and down a lot and run at you pretty quickly. Aiming for the head caused me a lot of misses. Ugh.

Kill the 2 knights, get your triple tap on the acolytes and then rest of the kills on thralls.

Number45

Can anyone confirm if Banshee is giving out the Sleeper Simulant quest? I have the exotic piece in my mission inventory, but he didn't give the quest because I apparently finished it too late. :'(
Quoting myself, but has anyone checked this since Armsday rolled around?

I don't really care if they sell Spark of Light like items for Silver. Several MMOs do it. It's just a way to "auto-unlock" current content without the initial grind in "outdated" content

This 100%. I'm still hoping and praying they sell some Sparks or other straight-to-40 buffs for creating new characters for a few bucks. I'd buy the shit out of them.

Tovarisc

I can't be only one who sees the irony in needing to do 7 kill killing spree with Imprecation, can I? It has 6 shot mag with Triple Tap perk, but that one time you actually want gun to have good aim assist Bungie has decided that there is no need for it. Ironic part being that most of weapons in the game are bathed in aim assist for super easy headshot doing, sniper rifles being worst of the bunch.

GutZ31

Oh man, Off topic, but there is a really funny fail that VG247 did in gaming side.

Wrote a review on Uncharted 4, by playing Uncharted 2.

The lulz are real.

FyreWulff

I just woke up.

Appears everyone collectively forgot Destiny has consumable cosmetic items - the Halloween bat spawners and pumpkin head, and completely misread the consumables line in the silver screen while I was asleep.

Yeah. I got the four legendaries and did the follow up warsat grind so all five objectives in the exotic piece are filled, but with no quest forthcoming I don't know if I should just trash it.

:'(

When did you finish up the Warsat part and handed in the core to the Gunsmith? The next part should pop up the day after handing in the core.

Has anyone noticed an increased drop rate for exotics from the piston puzzle chest?

Yesterday, after not personally seeing an exotic drop since the raid launched, I saw two drop back to back. Including a 310 Graviton for myself.

GutZ31

Yeah. I got the four legendaries and did the follow up warsat grind so all five objectives in the exotic piece are filled, but with no quest forthcoming I don't know if I should just trash it.

:'(

you turn that fusion core into Banshee once its complete, he will say he wants to show it off around the tower.
The next day, you should get a mission to do the SABER strike in your directory after talking to him, he does not give you any items at this time, and you shouldn't have any items.

To give him the fusion core, you have to press triangle on the item in your inventory, and equip each part that you got from doing warsats, archive mission, and destroying a heavy weapon.

Deku Tree

I just woke up.

Appears everyone collectively forgot Destiny has consumable cosmetic items - the Halloween bat spawners and pumpkin head, and completely misread the consumables line in the silver screen while I was asleep.

Or people also noticed that level booster type consumables are in the data files and Luke Smith went out of his way to specifically deny all the other types of consumables by name... But for some reason he declined to mention the subclass booster consumable at all in his denial.

WoW sells level boosters for real money. Bungie has never denied that they might in the future sell level boosters.

I get where you are coming from but there is also another side to the argument that is not ridiculous and has not been refuted by Bungie.

Tovarisc

Has anyone noticed an increased drop rate for exotics from the piston puzzle chest?

Yesterday, after not personally seeing an exotic drop since the raid launched, I saw two drop back to back. Including a 310 Graviton for myself.

I don't think two different people getting exotic from one chest opening means increased drop rate, it's still RNG at personal level. In my personal experience exotics from that chest are still very rare.

noomi

Yes!

I got a 310 stag and a 310 nightstalker helmet from it yesterday, a few others in our group also received some loot. Definitely an increase there.

Also.... we noticed something about the gorgoroth maze order of plates being kinda of funky.... The order and sounds of activation were working differently.

So the first footage of First Curse has emerged, so far it docent seem to be impressive at all, 8 bullets, 3 head shot kills usual stuff , the exotic buff is ok but not game changing, if you have a Hawkmoon stay with it - I do not have it just posting opinions from you tubers.
I will still get it in my collection though.

Yeah it needs a larger mag for pvp or to be a 2 hit kill. As it stands proccing The First Curse makes the following kill on the mag marginally easier. The signature perk is a lamer version of The Chaperone one

I don't think two different people getting exotic from one chest opening means increased drop rate, it's still RNG at personal level. In my personal experience exotics from that chest are still very rare.

Yeah, you're probably right. Just took me by surprise since I've never seen one and only heard stories.

Yes!

I got a 310 stag and a 310 nightstalker helmet from it yesterday, a few others in our group also received some loot. Definitely an increase there.

Also.... we noticed something about the gorgoroth maze order of plates being kinda of funky.... The order and sounds of activation were working differently.
But then again...lol

FyreWulff

Or people also noticed that level booster type consumables are in the data files and Luke Smith went out of his way to specifically deny all the other types of consumables by name... But for some reason he declined to mention the subclass booster consumable at all in his denial.

WoW sells level boosters for real money. Bungie has never denied that they might in the future sell level boosters.

I get where you are coming from but there is also another side to the argument that is not ridiculous and has not been refuted by Bungie.

They already sold those with the CE and Redbull codes.

The difference is those are just rep/exp boosts, which don't give you a gameplay advantage. And become completely useless once your subclass is maxed anyway. And the class item doesn't give you best light level.

Personally I don't have an issue if they did sell a consumable to level subclasses. That shit is grindy. Some people enjoy it, but for those who don't...buy it and be done with it.

I'd only feel differently if it was for something like ToM or the Swords. Some things should be earned.

Mupod

tonight will be I think my 12th or 13th clear of the raid depending how you're counting them - will I finally get a ghost shell?

it's becoming comical at this point, I found a 297 blue ghost like day 2 of the expansion and since then have yet to find a single one above 289. I was hoping IB would have something I could grind for but nope still depending on RNG. I have zero luck with heavy weapons either, but at least the exotic swords exist so I can put something in that slot.

I think Onyxia deep breaths more after the patch

Tovarisc

How fucking fast I need get these 7 kills? Within one second from killing 1st? <.< Waking up the Hive seems to give poor results thanks to Thralls running all over the place and gun having next to no aim assists. Is there any PvE mission where AI runs in actual line, not back and forth and to sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom