• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT4| Get your ass to the Vault of Glass and help Timmins find better pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously now, what on earth is this? I love the game, but for fuck sake Bungie, if you say you're going to add content, add some fucking content.

I love you, but boyyyy something ain't right in an MMO based game that haves you grinding the same story points over and over.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23506-1360638936-4.gif

This is basically how I feel right now.

I at least expected some exposition on the story with the Queen and the fallen. A little intrigue is good for the Soul dontcha know.

The Queen's event so far is

- Bounty to repeat the first mission of the game
- Bounty to repeat the 4th moon mission
- Bounty to headshot 200 Fallen
- Some PVP bounties just because
- Do a random story mission playlist that has been renamed "Queens Wrath" but still has all the same story cutscenes and dialogue it had before. After finishing this you get legendary loot.

ibi0nZ5fls6nq7.gif

What a fucking joke.

Seriously now, what on earth is this? I love the game, but for fuck sake Bungie, if you say you're going to add content, add some fucking content.

I love you, but boyyyy something ain't right in an MMO based game that haves you grinding the same story points over and over.

Yo but guaranteed legendaries. The number will be slightly higher.

Is there any other gear going off this event or just the helmet and chest? It would be a nice opportunity to get some more mats and gear for my warlock and titan if it would drop something for the legs and arms.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

We need to stop thinking of this game as an MMO. That said, grinding in an MMO is like getting wet while swimming.

I got this flying, phallic bus. Honk honk!

Oh god. That's awesomely hideous.

"Guardian, you have been charged with navigating the public transportation engines of the Last City. This is a crucial job, Guardian. We are prepared to offer you 2... no... THREE... Vanguard marks for your service."

I christen today "Cryptarch Appreciation Day"!

You give him all of the junk that you found laying around, and he gives you money. You throw 20 encrypted orbs at him and he does his best to hack the alien tech for you. Occasionally he does such a great job, he turns a purple into gold. He even gives you gifts for your loyal patronage.

The Vanguard on the other hand keeps pestering you to do them favors. You fight the darkness for them at every turn, helping other Guardians and slaving away to do their dirty work. Then you go to them with your money and they tell you to get lost. You ask, "How can I help more"? All they say is "Keep working for us, but now...for free".

Cryptarck - Patience and Time Sniper Rifle
Vanguard - Zero

Juraash

Super excited for today. Should get rank 2 with FWC have my 200 crucible marks to go nuts on their gear. My weekly vangaurd marks will get me near a new weapon. Queen's stuff will hopefully give me more legendaries that are either statted more to my liking or can be sharded (and I'm starving for shards). I should be pushing 29 if that jerk Xur stocks a warlock helm this weekend.

Hopefully I'll get to tackle the nightfall and raid stuff this week. Destiny life is good.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
If you didn't get anything - go back to to the tower. The postmaster will have marks and a shard for you. If you do 2 events in a row without seeing the post master then you won't get anything. Not sure if that's a glitch or not.

Well, that explains that. Happened to me too, I did like 6 or 7 in a row.

Forgive the stupid question, but I'm at work and can't check. Is the nightfall strike this week that 'Nexus' strike? And is Void damage amplified?

Also guys this extra content is free
Take that into account
Who's prepped for the hellstorm that will be Iron Banner?

It looks like there's no new content so far--just rehash of existing content. The new story missions aren't available until the DLC is available, though I don't know if they just "unlock" for all players or require the DLC.

So it gives you a mission on the Orbit screen, but if you don't want to do that one you can, for example, go to the tower and then back to orbit and it will give you a different one?

You don't have to go back to the tower. You go there first to get a bounty, complete the bounty and turn it in. At that point go into orbit and pick the queens mission which will be on the top left, above the weekly strikes.

Launch it, and if it's mars, or venus or anything other than earth. Just go back into orbit and try again. Unless you want to do the harder ones, if you just want to farm for legendary then do earth as its short and easy.

Once you've finished her story mission once, you'll notice you can't choose it again, to be able to choose it again just complete another bounty.

- Do a random story mission playlist that has been renamed "Queens Wrath" but still has all the same story cutscenes and dialogue it had before. After finishing this you get legendary loot.

tumblr_l5se1iTR0T1qz4w1go1_500.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I ended up getting the Black Garden as my mission when I played. WELP. At least it wasn't too difficult.

Quick question: Can you team with people for Queen's Wrath Missions who don't have the marks you earn from Queen Bounties?

Probably, since the exotic weapon strike works with people who don't have it.

And if you get that mission you can just boot to orbit and reload, the mission will change. Though so far I have...queen's robes and queen's robes, when I want the helment.

MechDX

So if we don't really do PvP we are basically fucked?

Nafai1123

Banned
You don't have to go back to the tower. You go there first to get a bounty, complete the bounty and turn it in. At that point go into orbit and pick the queens mission which will be on the top left, above the weekly strikes.

Launch it, and if it's mars, or venus or anything other than earth. Just go back into orbit and try again. Unless you want to do the harder ones, if you just want to farm for legendary then do earth as its short and easy.

Once you've finished her story mission once, you'll notice you can't choose it again, to be able to choose it again just complete another bounty.

Excellent, thanks for the info! :)

realcZk

It looks like there's no new content so far--just rehash of existing content. The new story missions aren't available until the (paid) "Queen's Emissary" DLC is available, though I don't know if they just "unlock" for all players or require the DLC.

I'm confused, Bungie calls it "DLC" on their website. I got the "Expansion Pass" in my limited edition, does this not include DLC? Are expansions larger content packages than DLC?

Einbroch

Banned
What a lackluster event.

Run same missions as before, but there's a new icon for bounties, I guess.

If this is what we can expect from updates, my love is waning fast.

For Queen's Wrath, has anyone gotten anything *other* than the Helmet and the chest piece? I got a ship, but that's about it.

I'm just wondering if they're breaking up the rewards so you have to keep coming back every day; day 1 offers only helmet and chest, day 2 offers something different, etc.

Calcium

Banned
Wow, this event is incredibly lame. They couldn't even make new bounties for the event? Really Bungie? Even the damn kill orders are just story missions made to be annoyingly difficult. I was hoping the event would utilize The Reef in some way, but I guess that location does really exist for one cutscene. Disappointed yet again.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Probably, since the exotic weapon strike works with people who don't have it.

And if you get that mission you can just boot to orbit and reload, the mission will change. Though so far I have...queen's robes and queen's robes, when I want the helment.

I just got the Queen's Helmet twice. I wonder if it gives you the same thing all the time as a way to farm Ascendent Shards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom