• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT4| Get your ass to the Vault of Glass and help Timmins find better pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry, I mixed up info from here. There is no Queen's Emissary DLC but the new story missions apparently aren't available until DLC (House of Wolves?) is released.

It seems the House of Wolves have betrayed the Queen, and are attempting to raise a new Kell to lead them.

6 new story missions (which won’t be available until the DLC is released) and new gear from the Queen’s Emissary to buy!

I'm confused, Bungie calls it "DLC" on their website. I got the "Expansion Pass" in my limited edition, does this not include DLC? Are expansions larger content packages than DLC?

I think the pass covers all DLC.

Conspiracy Theory Warning
Bungie made the cave(i.e. Skywatch Loot Cave) with farming for engrams in mind, and that's why it wasn't patched

Conspiracy Theory Warning
Bungie made the cave(i.e. Skywatch Loot Cave) with farming for engrams in mind, and that's why it wasn't patched

Conspiracy theory warning:
Bungie doesn't know how to make a loot game, so they're leaving it in while they try and figure out how to fix their broken system.

Also guys this extra content is free
Take that into account

3812920-tumblr_inline_n451o9blk61rw2yf9.gif

realcZk

Wow, this event is incredibly lame. They couldn't even make new bounties for the event? Really Bungie? Even the damn kill orders are just story missions made to annoyingly difficult. I was hoping the event would utilize The Reef in some way, but I guess that location does really exist for one cutscene. Disappointed yet again.

I have some ideas for new bounties for this event:

• Slide under 10 guardians during PvP
  • Dance with 30 Fallen
  • Find a legendary engram
  • Complete a mission only using your secondary weapon
  • Pre-order the Queens Emissary DLC

Xater

Yep, this event sucks. They really need to ramp up their future stuff to keep my interest. I get that they are selling expansions, hell I already own the first two, but if this is the kinda game you want to do you need more content faster and also for free.

Strider

How did you beat it? What was your strategy for the boss fight?

For the boss fight we did not drop down at the end. Use void snipers and rocket launchers to kill the minotaurs from above.

Once the boss spawns have 2 peopple shoot at the boss. There will be a minotaur that spawns in the cave behind you and we had one person kill the minotaur and handle any revives we needed if the other 2 died from the boss spalsh damage.

Future

Also guys this extra content is free
Take that into account
Who's prepped for the hellstorm that will be Iron Banner?

Iron banner will be in impossible. It's not like at high level people will have interesting builds to counter people. Nope. Only those lucky enough to have gotten full legendary and exotic sets already will win.

I've been playing since the start. Grinded to buy one legendary piece and got a lot of legendary guns through rng. But since I haven't been lucky enough to find armor, my light and defense is low. I'll be fucked if my luck doesn't turn around

Skele7on

Banned
Honestly I need a break from this.

I am absolutely gutted that the "story" is just campaign.

DON'T offer or say STORY if it's already been used....

DLC for real story coming December $24.99

WELP, 10 years of this shit.

Please be good Halo 5

I have some ideas for new bounties for this event:

• Slide under 10 guardians during PvP
  • Dance with 30 Fallen
  • Find a legendary engram
  • Complete a mission only using your secondary weapon
  • Pre-order the Queens Emissary DLC

Complete a mission only using secondary, see, they need stuff like that. It's the same bounties over and over and over.

Find a legendary engram though, ahah no one would take that bounty.

So tell me if I got everything this Queen's Wrath stuff has added:

1. The vendor in the new area - what rep level do you need to start buying stuff?
2. Rep for the Queen is only given with her bounties? And those bounties refresh once a day like the others?
3. The Very Hard story level on the left where the nightfall, etc. are
4. ???

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
progression wise, this helps fill a much needed gap. decent bandaid... sorta

content wise? lol

i hate that i love this game

Honestly I need a break from this.

I am absolutely gutted that the "story" is just campaign.

DON'T offer or say STORY if it's already been used....

DLC for real story coming December $24.99

WELP, 10 years of this shit.

Please be good Halo 5
There may or may not be extra story missions coming
you have to be trolling, please be trolling.
I'm not, I honestly think this content is nice to have.
Is it "good"? You bet your ass it's not!
But it's something and it's free
Also, they didn't patch the Loot Cave

Bizazedo

Iron banner will be in impossible. It's not like at high level people will have interesting builds to counter people. Nope. Only those lucky enough to have gotten full legendary and exotic sets already will win.

I've been playing since the start. Grinded to buy one legendary piece and got a lot of legendary guns through rng. But since I haven't been lucky enough to find armor, my light and defense is low. I'll be fucked if my luck doesn't turn around

I really enjoyed Iron Banner in Beta. It felt like I lived longer.

That was at level 8, though. The new Iron Banner is going to be insane and I have no idea what to expect. And yes, I am actually looking forward to it.

Look at it this way, you have a TON of time before it starts.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
People saying the game isn't difficult or its arbitrarily difficult should be forced to run the Moon Strike on Epic. Having to actually use arc/solar damage, focus fire, work together, and be alert...Most strikes don't require that at all. 3 Hallowed Knights and 3 Hallowed Wizards will change you, especially when they resist damage not corresponding to their shield.

todahawk

Damn, I was sucking it up in the Crucible last night. :/ Just a couple days ago I was doing well with a few games of ~2.0 KDR and last night most of them were below .9 with a couple at .2 and .4. Maybe I was just too tired and shouldn't have been playing PvP.

Anyways, looking forward to messing around with the Queen's bounties tonight.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23506-1360638936-4.gif

This is basically how I feel right now.

I at least expected some exposition on the story with the Queen and the fallen. A little intrigue is good for the Soul dontcha know.

yes dinkelbot, can I have another?

neoism

There is no extra content. It's recycled missions with gear that's a pallet swap. It's nice they add different things but it's not new at all.

yep played 5 hours this morning and it felt like I dintd accomplish anything REEEALLLY glad I didnt buy the dlc packs... If I didnt love PVP I would stop playing. :/

Also funny about hatin the cave... I was doing the queens bounties and patrol missions at the same time all over earth for like 4 of those hours and finally got my first purple engram drop from an enemy, from the fucking cave... it was a warlock item.. -__-

darkwing

Wow, this event is incredibly lame. They couldn't even make new bounties for the event? Really Bungie? Even the damn kill orders are just story missions made to be annoyingly difficult. I was hoping the event would utilize The Reef in some way, but I guess that location does really exist for one cutscene. Disappointed yet again.

at least we get guaranteed purples, Iron Banner will be a riot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom